Review First Preliminary Final – Pies vs Giants, Saturday 21st September 2019, MCG, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I am going to our maiden GF. The credit card has been debited for the ticket.

What a privilege to have been at the MCG last night. Will never forget that moment of realisation after the final siren...it sort of hit us all at the same time...we're in the Grand Final!
Loved hearing the giants chant you guys did several times that was really loud on the TV

Great job!!!

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

All guts for that glory. Your boys did you proud today, hope they can win and bring it home...stick the knife in to those Vic w***ers
Second that for me brother, i am right there supporting your boys next week I put a bet on Toby for the normsmith

Buckley said he had been too focused on other matters to worry greatly about the score review, but suggested the Finlayson push looked like it should have been a free kick.

"The umpires will end up going through their review and working out whether it was right or wrong. It looked like it was a bit of shove in the back," he said.

Too focused to see the score review that was replayed a dozen times, but he managed to focus on a particular ruck contest.

Too focused to see the score review that was replayed a dozen times, but he managed to focus on a particular ruck contest.

Think he missed when Jezza's jumper got pulled without the ball running towards goal, will just call it even then.

That was a fantastic win by your side against the odds with several star players missing and in foreign territory.

I’m completely shattered that my team lost but at the end of the day have to congratulate the Giants on such a fine performance. (What is sport if we can’t occasionally be sporting)?

I hope you guys don’t stop there and really take it up to Richmond next week. There would be nothing worse for me or the rest of the football world than if you let that gloating, puffed-up football club win another flag without a seriously epic contest.

Good luck, I hope you win.

Just back home in Canberra from the game - what a magnificent, wonderful game & feeling very, very proud of the boys. I won't bother with a blow-by-blow review - there will be enough of those from the media, and in the end it doesn't matter one little bit now. I only want to say what a fantastic feeling and atmosphere it was in the Giants' area at the game. I was with my son behind our goals just to the left of the cheersquad. There was a good-sized contingent of orange there between the ground level and upper bays, and in good voice - the Pies fans were pretty quiet during the second and third quarter, and only found their voice when they started kicking goals in the fourth. My heart was in my mouth for most of the last period, similar to the Brisbane game, and I am just so proud that we've found a way to win a tight game away two weeks in a row. The team is really playing as a team, and I think anything is possible.

Well done boys, enjoy the week, and we'll see you at the G next Saturday. Fire up Giants fans!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

but he managed to focus on a particular ruck contest.

There were plenty of times during the last quarter when he was watching like a stunned mullet. Collingwood are lucky they got as close as they did.

Why is the media obsessing over that bad call (the ball was clearly touched) anymore than that disgraceful non decision when Grundy was shoved(not pushed) in the back which led to a Giant's goal? They are both worth six points and both influenced the game's outcome.

I come in peace!

You guys deserve so much credit. You are 100% the real deal (obviously your in a GF) and will not be embarrassed next week, i give you guys every chance. A very well drilled side with a nice mix of superstars and role players on every line. You’ve built something special.

Haynes is crazy good. So lucky to have him. As a Collingwood supporter i am incredibly jealous of your KPD’s +KPF’s

Gotta love the front page of this morning's Herald Sun:

"The rampant Tigers carry the hopes of a state in the Grand Final against Greater Western Sydney. OUR 134 YEAR OLD CLUB FROM THE STREETS OF INNER MELBOURNE TAKES ON A TEAM ESTABLISHED BY THE AFL JUST 10 YEARS AGO".

The person who wrote that must be either a whining Bulldogs supporter, or is privately worried that we're going to win. Or both.
That’s the propaganda sh/t that all the umpires eat all week leading up. That’s just bs.

What a rollercoaster of emotion that was, I thought it would be an honorable loss with the injuries, playing at the MCG, talent on the park but the 3rd quarter made me believe and then the last 8 minutes with less than a goal in the game and the Pies dominating territory up stood Mumford and competed for the ball to keep it in and create stoppage after stoppage with help from Hopper and others, Mumford selling candy to pendlebury will be on high rotation over the media this week and going forward as well. Haynes was massive throughout the game and staying on his feet on the edge of the fifty at one stage when it was 2 on 1 he came out with the ball and cleared it away. Special praise for Perryman who was immense and for a 3rd year player with 30 odd games to stand up in a prelim showed how tough he is and to blanket Sidebottom but also impact the game was great to see and MDB was key to winning the midfield battle and keeping Pendlebury and Treloar below their usual output went a long way to getting the win

What a game and i was predicting a 4 goal loss even before Toby was suspended and then to lose Whitfield but I will say the whole Toby tribunal thing just gave the club motivation so in a way it backfired although I will say the weather played a big part in the way the game was played

Unlike the snow game, really loved the boys just scrapping the ball forward. There were even some kicks along the ground. Loved it. Finally, playing the conditions.

Honestly, TOJ’s right arm pushed Grundy more in the side.
His left is on his back but it wasn’t really the pushing arm.
Then, Grundy added the forward mayo, trying to milk it and I think the ump’ went, okay you’ve exaggerated a little, not paying it.
Thank you TOJ Finlayson.

Do we risk injured players as an all in chips on the table scenario and at the same time risk the wheels potentially falling off or do we go safe option and hope the ins play out their skins??

Thoughts guys? What will/should we do??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back