First test of the aussie summer

Remove this Banner Ad

I have already posted that this move by fans may be counter productive to WACA hosting further Test matches at the classy Perth Stadium.

Is it a coincidence that Justin Langer has came out with his "they are cowards" quote to the media on the eve of the first Test match in WA in three years. Now he is urging his fellow West Aussies to attend all five days. He is looking to be the peacemaker when some will say he may have been the instigator of this apparent fan unrest and boycott of the match. Makes you wonder.
You're overthinking it.

Going to be a big summer for those who don't really like cricket but enjoy the cultural belonging of gossiping about it. Crowds and personality dramas. So good.
Australia's national sport is complaining about how cricket isn't as good as it used to be. And for most people, that was when they were aged somewhere between 15 to 25.

I have already posted that this move by fans may be counter productive to WACA hosting further Test matches at the classy Perth Stadium.

Is it a coincidence that Justin Langer has came out with his "they are cowards" quote to the media on the eve of the first Test match in WA in three years. Now he is urging his fellow West Aussies to attend all five days. He is looking to be the peacemaker when some will say he may have been the instigator of this apparent fan unrest and boycott of the match. Makes you wonder.
starting the game on wed doesn't help :mad:'

I'm going

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bruised heal keeping him out of what is 2 games now? Surely that is bullshit
I don't know whats's going on 11kgm....really starting to worry about his future. Thought he would be back this week and they where looking at the tour game against south africa for him to play

Pucovski and jhye two of the biggest bright young talents in aussie cricket.....just going to waste atm

I really hope we can get both right/fit

I don't know whats's going on 11kgm....really starting to worry about his future. Thought he would be back this week and they where looking at the tour game against south africa for him to play

Pucovski and jhye two of the biggest bright young talents in aussie cricket.....just going to waste atm

I really hope we can get both right/fit
Puc i think is gone we aren't going to get him back

But Jhye worries me a bruised heal is surely a one week injury if that not what it is now

Maybe Langer keeps stabbing him in the Achilles haha

Australia's national sport is complaining about how cricket isn't as good as it used to be. And for most people, that was when they were aged somewhere between 15 to 25.
I think, for me at least, it boils down to nostalgia, cricket growing up was test matches and then rolling into an ODI tri-series with some context and the best players playing, with the backdrop of the school holidays. Now cricket is a lot different with scheduling and T20, some teams are giving up on tests, players being rested, T20 franchise tournaments.

I still love the game though and will watch a lot this summer, sad seeing less crowds though, cricket is easily my favourite sport behind AFL, and it sucks to see the game in a fragile state in this country.

Not going, and will not go to a test at Optus. Handed in my WACA membership once cricket was stopped at the WACA. Hope its a greentop and the game is over in two days.
Why? What's so bad about Optus? And why did that mean you felt you had to give up your WACA membership?

Not going, and will not go to a test at Optus. Handed in my WACA membership once cricket was stopped at the WACA. Hope its a greentop and the game is over in two days.
Thats sad to hear shark

if it makes you feel better think the plan in the future once the WACA gets redeveloped is to have tests there against weaker pulling crowd nations and have the big ones India/England at optus

First test of the aussie summer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back