Fourth Test team

Remove this Banner Ad

That was combined between the 2, with 5 tests, 10 innings, I am sure at least once they will come in with no pressure and fluke a 20 or so!

I repeat..you are generous! They got 20 between them in 4 innings in the UAE! Lol imagining what Anderson will do to these two donkeys!

I'd say the days where you can expect people to average 50 in FC and have strung two or three seasons together where they average 60+ are well behind us. It's pretty easy to make a case against picking most of the people you might suggest these days. Given Khawaja's fitness concern I don't think there is a single player you could say is a 'lock' to bat in the top 6 for Australia in the first Test.

Still you'd want more than 2 innings, he averaged 25 last season. Not yet.

Badesumofu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Roger Federer
Still you'd want more than 2 innings, he averaged 25 last season. Not yet.

Well why don't you post your team so that we can all pick apart your selections? Like I said, very easy in the current environment to criticise picks, much harder to make them.

Well why don't you post your team so that we can all pick apart your selections? Like I said, very easy in the current environment to criticise picks, much harder to make them.

Right now my side would be:

1. Renshaw (probably the best pure opener)
2. Khawaja (Harris on standby)
3. Handscomb (just think he's the best of the potential candidates in this position)
4. Finch (not sold, but he'll be there, suits 4 in Australia)
5. SMarsh (I'm realistic the dud will be there)
6. Head/Laubasghne/Maxwell/Ferguson

7-11 are obvious Paine, Lyon, Cummins, Starc, Hazelwood

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
A rough team.

Renshaw
Harris
Khawaja
Handscomb
Finch
Maxwell
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

Bowlers are locked in, none of the batters aside from Uz and the keeper are. The Marsh bros will probably be in instead of Handscomb and Maxwell. Toss a coin with the openers, perhaps they will pick Finch there.

Valleyboy9

All Australian
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Last summer we belted the Poms 4 zip. Our 2nd, 107, and 3rd, 75, highest averaging batsman from the series just last summer are available but people want them dropped for blokes like Maxwell and Wade?

How the hell is Maxwell even mentioned in a test team. He plays for himself and never values his wicket. Absolute chump. Just what Australia needs currently.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
If Labuschagne can bowl as well as he did against Pakistan I very much like the idea of him at six with the idea that he bowls a bit too.
Love his bowling, but he hasn't made many runs at shield level when his came back.. . If he can make runs yes, but let's hope he can make a few runs in his next shield game.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
If Labuschagne can bowl as well as he did against Pakistan I very much like the idea of him at six with the idea that he bowls a bit too.
I would normally agree but i hope the selectors don't take the ability to bowl in to consideration when picking our number 6 at the moment. We need a top 6 that can make some runs so if he is in out top 6 batsman great, but i hope whoever gets that spot it is for batting and batting alone.

Bwillow11

All Australian
Sep 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Mitch Marsh did himself a world of favours with 150, (sadly) a really good knock there. His technique looked solid in Dubai and again today he looked in control of every ball which is good to see from any batsman, not just the marshes. With his bowling ability too thats a pretty decent effort no matter what happened in the UAE.

Doodlesweaver

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
London
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mitch Marsh did himself a world of favours with 150, (sadly) a really good knock there. His technique looked solid in Dubai and again today he looked in control of every ball which is good to see from any batsman, not just the marshes. With his bowling ability too thats a pretty decent effort no matter what happened in the UAE.

He and his brother are nervous starters, so they need to be separated in the batting order well and truly. I'm assuming they'll both be there for the test series. Not sure both should be, but you look around domestic cricket and you are going WTF?

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Needs to make more runs though or it's redundant.

Imagine if it's Handscomb, S.Marsh, M. Marsh after all the deliberation.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Batters are picked to bat and bowlers are picked to bowl. No doubt he picked up a few handy wickets but I'll be really disappointed if his bowling potential is what gets him over the line for the number 6 spot. Especially considering M. Marsh as vice captain you'd think will be in the team (rightly or wrongly), so one of the top 6 can bowl some overs already

Remove this Banner Ad

Back