Fourth Test team

Remove this Banner Ad

Head averages 66 with the ball at first class level. The only people who think he can bowl are you and him.
this, head bowling only started to become a thing when he became the SA captain

Renshaw
Burns
Khawaja
Finch
Smarsh
Paine
MMarsh
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood

I’d be ok with something like that. Ideally I wouldn’t have Mitch but let’s face it, he’s a lock. Looks decently balanced imo. Middle order looks slightly less susceptible to collapse with Finch there rather than Travis ‘lead boots, hard hands, slashing at everything outside off’ Head and Paine separating the Darsh brothers.

Simon Katich had a crack at his 11 on SEN this morning. I think this was it

Renshaw
Khawaja
Handscomb
S Marsh
Finch
M Marsh/Stoinis
Paine
Cummins
Starc
Lyon
Hazlewood
I don’t mind it . Let Renshaw/Harris fight it out for the openers spot this shield round and reward who makes runs under pressure for that spot.

Our batting is going to be suspect whoever we play and in whatever position we put them for now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's tough picking from the shield, a lot who have done well, their figures are really good from one or two knocks, there isn't much consistency there.

Been thinking all season that the quality of bowling, especially in the One Dayers isn't great. There's been a lot of really good bowlers not playing. Guys making heaps of runs then stepping up to international level and looking very ordinary has been a problem in Australian cricket.

Good knock from Head, but its bit of an inbetween score. Doesn't secure a place, but doesn't hurt him either. The fact that he was given a dodgy decision probably helps him as well.

Huge day tomorrow. Renshaw vs. The Australian Test attack and Harris down on what's probably a Bellreive greentop is going to be huge for determining who's at the top of the order in Adelaide.

Lots of poor batting performances this week - are we that s**t, or do the pictures across the country finally have some life in them?
hopefully its the latter, no ones knocked the door down so far though have they?
Doolan: 0
Wade: 14
Paine: 3
Harris: 22
Handscomb: 4
Renshaw:21
Burns: 6
Labuschagne: 52
Weatherald: 7
Head: 87 (Got a feeling that will get him in the team, and he'll do nothing.)
Lehmann: 8
Cooper: 1
S Marsh: 21
M Marsh: 1

Lots of poor batting performances this week - are we that s**t, or do the pictures across the country finally have some life in them?
Yes.

Renshaw will get in on the back of last week's performance. If Harris had cashed in, maybe he could have leapfrogged him. Likewise, none of Burns or Handscombe did enough to dislodge Head.

Deck in Hobart was definitely nipping around. But some pretty poor batting too

Deck in Hobart was definitely nipping around. But some pretty poor batting too

I reckon the two go hand in hand - they’re so used to flat decks, as soon as they do something, we’re ****ed.

We’ve seen it time after time overseas. It’ll take years to correct now - but they need to, keep preparing lively pitches and maybe the next generation won’t be primarily flat track bullies.

True to his inner jellyback he proceeds to fail twice haha.

No SA batsmen please, they’re only good at failing, and losing.

And less or ideally no Marsh spuds please!

Do that and we have a chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back