Fourth Test team

Remove this Banner Ad

Why isn’t renshaw playing

Has had a woeful start to the Shield season. He's still working out his game. Eventually he will replace Finch, with Finch if he makes runs moving to the middle order.

No one argues that they're not world class, but they aren't close to the best in the world. Hazlewood is easily the best pace bowler, while Lyon is arguably the best of the squad. It's a good bowling attack, but most of the test nations have one or two better bowlers. Anderson and Steyn at their ripe old ages are still better bowlers than our pace attack, and they're borderline geriatric.

Bowling potatoes at 145km/h is still a ******* potato. There's more to the art of bowling than chucking down 3 bouncers an over and the occasional wide of off yorker.
Each test nation may well have one or two better bowlers, but as a whole our bowling attack is as good as any in the world.

There isn't a lot of difference between our best bowler and our worst and their is a very good mix among them.

Pucovski will average 55 in test cricket and be the most likeable player we've ever had, absolute ripper of a bloke that would have played test cricket by now if he didn't get an unfortunate knee to the head in footy in 2014.

Pucovski will average 55 in test cricket and be the most likeable player we've ever had, absolute ripper of a bloke that would have played test cricket by now if he didn't get an unfortunate knee to the head in footy in 2014.

It is very rare for anyone to average 55+, safe to say that I doubt this will happen with him. Think of how few average 55+ in test cricket right now. Smith does, and Kholi is close, that's it.

It is very rare for anyone to average 55+, safe to say that I doubt this will happen with him. Think of how few average 55+ in test cricket right now. Smith does, and Kholi is close, that's it.
Yep and that’s the call I’m making, played with the guy for a while and he’s got the temperament, the technique and the hunger for runs to seriously be a force in test cricket.

A lot of people jumped down my throat for being a big advocate of Mathew Wade but he’s made yet another 50 in extremely bowler friendly conditions in Hobart.

Came in at 4/21 and top scored with a very respectable 63. Given our test sides batting woes it is absolutely criminal for the selectors to leave a bloke with this type of form out.

#Wade4boxingdaytest

A lot of people jumped down my throat for being a big advocate of Mathew Wade but he’s made yet another 50 in extremely bowler friendly conditions in Hobart.

Came in at 4/21 and top scored with a very respectable 63. Given our test sides batting woes it is absolutely criminal for the selectors to leave a bloke with this type of form out.

#Wade4boxingdaytest

Then bat at 4. It gives him more opportunities to get big runs. Hundreds are what will get selections not 50’s.

Then bat at 4. It gives him more opportunities to get big runs. Hundreds are what will get selections not 50’s.
Wade has 7 50’s and 4 100’s in the last 12 months of shield cricket. You’re reading too much into the position he comes in at, and not enough into his performances.

#Wade4boxingdaytest
Has played 22 tests, 38 innings.

First 19 innings - 592 runs at 39.47.

Second 19 innings - 294 runs at 18.38.

Lost his way and was deservedly dropped (plus was an average keeper) but he showed that he could be a decent batsman in the first part of his test career. Wouldn't be the first player to lose their way and come back a better player later on once they mature. Hasn't been happening enough lately frankly.

Wade has 7 50’s and 4 100’s in the last 12 months of shield cricket. You’re reading too much into the position he comes in at, and not enough into his performances.

Then bat in the top 4. You are pushing you know what up the hill getting picked batting 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has played 22 tests, 38 innings.

First 19 innings - 592 runs at 39.47.

Second 19 innings - 294 runs at 18.38.

Lost his way and was deservedly dropped (plus was an average keeper) but he showed that he could be a decent batsman in the first part of his test career. Wouldn't be the first player to lose their way and come back a better player later on once they mature. Hasn't been happening enough lately frankly.
He is quite obviously a hell
of a better batsman than when he was in his first stint with the test side. Just needs another opportunity to flaunt it.

He could score what he has in the last 12 months at number 11 ffs and they’d still count. Runs are runs.

The selectors don’t see it like that. They want players in the top 4. It’s why Maxwell bats 4 for Victoria basically. He’d probably “like” to bat 6 too

The selectors don’t see it like that. They want players in the top 4. It’s why Maxwell bats 4 for Victoria basically. He’d probably “like” to bat 6 too
Finch bats at 5 for Victoria yet opens for the test side? Why does it matter if he bats 6 when he consistently comes out to bat in amidst a collapse inside the first 20 overs of an innings?

No he prefers batting up the order.

Finch bats at 5 for Victoria yet opens for the test side? Why does it matter if he bats 6 when he consistently comes out to bat in amidst a collapse inside the first 20 overs of an innings?

If he’s not batting ahead of Bailey...

Come on he should be batting 5 at least.

Finch shouldn’t be in the side anyway

If he’s not batting ahead of Bailey...

Come on he should be batting 5 at least.

Finch shouldn’t be in the side anyway
Regardless of where you think he should bat, runs are on the board.

And agree with finch. Unfortunately he will get at least one more test.

I know his shield form was terrific but Smarsh will be right under the pump again now. Hopefully he has a big second innings.

I'd like to know the stats of batsmen that have scores under ten. I think his percentage would be right near the top.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back