Play Nice First transgender player in the AFLW

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most fascinating aspect of this is how the footy media from what I’ve seen is universal in their outrage over Mouncey not getting a chance but judging by threads like this and other social media, the majority seem to agree with not letting Mouncey play.

The disconnect between the media elite and the general population is a growing theme these days but this issue seems a strange one to have such different perspectives.

Furthermore the spectrum argument is valid, considering that some "females" can have more "male" characteristics than "males", and some "males" can have more "female" characteristics than "females".

And yet every man, beyond anomaly, disfunction or disorder, was born with male reproductive organs and every woman, with female reproductive organs; their means of naturally contributing genetic material to progency being defined by their biological sex. And certain genetic disorders passed along their line also in accordance with their biological sex. This is not a spectrum. This does not naturally shift, at least in our species. This is beyond the balance of how perceived characteristics of masculinity or femininity manifest individually.

That characteristics defined as male or female do indeed manifest in a diverse array, is just another expression of how the species does it’s best to thrive through maintaining a diverse gene pool. None of this though, impacts the above paragraph and nor have you demonstrated it to in any way.

The most fascinating aspect of this is how the footy media from what I’ve seen is universal in their outrage over Mouncey not getting a chance but judging by threads like this and other social media, the majority seem to agree with not letting Mouncey play.

The disconnect between the media elite and the general population is a growing theme these days but this issue seems a strange one to have such different perspectives.

They media will tend to tow the politically correct line, of course. Some more pathetically than others. Its ALL in self interest and preservation. Dont bite the hand..etc etc

You're arguing with me 2 entirely separate issues. My response was in relation to the other member saying "transgender" is a mental health problem.
However, if we're talking about the consequences of being a transgender in relation to society, then I would agree there would be more social pressures, isolation, stigma and mental illness associated.
Firstly how do you separate the person from society? Secondly thinking you have a different sex than your body is a mental problem. Your body is your body, only your mind can tell you something like "my body is wrong". Think about it for a second.

You're arguing with me 2 entirely separate issues. My response was in relation to the other member saying "transgender" is a mental health problem.
However, if we're talking about the consequences of being a transgender in relation to society, then I would agree there would be more social pressures, isolation, stigma and mental illness associated.
this is correct and it explains why the suicide rate among transgenders are sky rocketing.

suicide rate is also so high among transgenders because doctors are failing to recognize it as a mental health issue in itself.

how has this got 91 pages on the main board? If that bloke was allowed to play AFLW it throws the whole sport from a good up and coming league to an absolute joke. How is it fair he gets to play against women who are half his size? If I was an AFLW player I would take action... imagine the shitstorm if he injures the women? Gotta say I'm glad the AFL has got some balls but I must say either way they lost with this decision but it's the correct one made.

Of course they do. Netflix, Stan, Foxtel, whatever you got is still TV, it just has a different payment structure.
Unless you're trying to say noone under 50 watches GoT or The Walking Dead?
Far fewer than watch their favourite racial purity advocate play his daily shooting lootbox games

Here is some reading for you if your interested...

https://www.charismanews.com/opinion/57835-what-the-bible-really-says-about-transgender

https://blogs.thegospelcoalition.or...what-does-the-bible-say-about-transgenderism/

If your not interested I'll summarize by saying that the Bible doesn't specifically say a lot of things. However if you read it without trying to bend it to suit your own idiology it quickly becomes obvious what is right and wrong with regards to gender identity

Two bible texts although I could spend days writing about it with hundreds of texts..

In Genesis God created people in His image "male and female He created them"

Hebrews 13 "Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have."

God made males and females. Be content with what He gave you. I think these two are enough however there are plenty more
So there is nothing about yourself that you would change?

If you contract a disease, do you get it treated or be content with what you have?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not trolling. Gender Dysphoria is a mental illness.
Cool, thanks for putting in some context, rather than "transgender is a mental illness".
However, I'd argue that it is only an illness if a transgender is not comfortable with the sex change. If it makes them happier to change to the other sex, then that can be seen as a good thing rather than an illness. Psychiatric definitions, from my understanding, is related with societal expectations to determine what is "normal". If society all agree that transgender is a "normal" thing, then it will become irrelevant in psychiatric terms.

this is correct and it explains why the suicide rate among transgenders are sky rocketing.

suicide rate is also so high among transgenders because doctors are failing to recognize it as a mental health issue in itself.
I'm not sure on the exact differences on suicide rates among transgenders and the general population. But it is an issue of societal pressures and lack of compassion rather than an issue of GP's failures. The only failure for a GP, is that if he/she fails to diagnose depression in a patient, regardless of their gender/sexual identity.

Im not trolling. Gender Dysphoria is a mental illness.
Swifty is quite correct. Most of the world's top doctors agree that it is a mental illness, most likely very similar to, and related to bouts of schizophrenia in the "patient". There are literally hundreds of papers by highly credentialed and celebrated professors.

On a lighter note, I'm going to squeeze my 191cm, 119kg frame into a LBD and head on down to see if I can get drafted (and finally get that chance at the big time that I deserve).

I'm not sure on the exact differences on suicide rates among transgenders and the general population. But it is an issue of societal pressures and lack of compassion rather than an issue of GP's failures. The only failure for a GP, is that if he/she fails to diagnose depression in a patient, regardless of their gender/sexual identity.

That is ridiculous. You cant think that the percentage of suicides between the trans pop and the general population is due to the fact that people dont understand their transition and that mean words were said to them. I would say it would have a difference but not the huge disparity that there is.

how has this got 91 pages on the main board? If that bloke was allowed to play AFLW it throws the whole sport from a good up and coming league to an absolute joke. How is it fair he gets to play against women who are half his size? If I was an AFLW player I would take action... imagine the shitstorm if he injures the women? Gotta say I'm glad the AFL has got some balls but I must say either way they lost with this decision but it's the correct one made.
I thought it was a bullshit/funny news article when I first saw it a couple of months ago and shared it on my FB page with the caption "Funny C***"
In the words of the great John McEnroe "You can't be serious".

A question often raised which we hear as taboo and out of bounds is whether the mental hea;th problems though are to do with their transitioning or whether they are to do with other unrecognised mental health issues which have contributed to their issues of gender dysphoria.

Cool, thanks for putting in some context, rather than "transgender is a mental illness".
However, I'd argue that it is only an illness if a transgender is not comfortable with the sex change. If it makes them happier to change to the other sex, then that can be seen as a good thing rather than an illness. Psychiatric definitions, from my understanding, is related with societal expectations to determine what is "normal". If society all agree that transgender is a "normal" thing, then it will become irrelevant in psychiatric terms.

What is “normal” in society is not necessarily what is right and what is going to produce the best quality of life for these people.

Perhaps more funding should go into finding a cure?

Suicide rates are high, depression is high.

Maybe we shouldn’t be treating it by convincing society it’s normal but treating it like a medical condition?

Sure, accept people for who they are, but maybe we shouldn’t be performing surgery on people’s genitalia and instead finding a cure that does make them feel normal having a consistent gender and sex?

So there is nothing about yourself that you would change?

If you contract a disease, do you get it treated or be content with what you have?
Context mate. Jesus made healing the sick a priority so in the context of the bible I'd say you should try to get better.

My own weakness is wanting more muscular development. However I have to accept the genetics God gave me rather than destroy myself using steroids. Converting and not being content is a struggle for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back