First wrestling match you ever watched?

Remove this Banner Ad

reminds me of having to suffer through Turner Classic movies (TNT) channel and hoping Nitro aired on time, wasn't heavily edited, and was the correct episode that followed the previous week.
yep did that too then changed to what ever raw was on and couldnt work out why jeff jarrett was on raw and nitro the same night when of course it was god knows how far behind

Hard to remember the exact first match, but was probably something with the Killer Bees or Hillbilly Jim/Cousin Junior. Somewhere around about WM 1

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Can't remember the first match I ever watched, but the first match I saw after I took a break from wrestling was Wyatt vs Bryan at the rumble in 2014. Which was a pretty good reintroduction.

Can't remember the first match I ever watched, but the first match I saw after I took a break from wrestling was Wyatt vs Bryan at the rumble in 2014. Which was a pretty good reintroduction.

That was a good match. Followed by complete shock at Bryan not entering at #30. CM Punk quitting saved that year's WrestleMania.

I don't remember a first match but I do remember the first segment I saw.
I was at my nan's place after school on a Friday arvo and SmackDown was on. Don't think I knew before then that she watched wrestling but I had definitely never watched anything.

This segment happened:

I was immediately an Eddie fan and got hooked probably late that year/early 05. Was heartbroken when he died.

Mine wasn't a match but more of a segment back in WCW 1997 when Sting came down from the rafters and pretty much beat down the now, was hooked on it ever since than.

Hard to remember the exact first match, but was probably something with the Killer Bees or Hillbilly Jim/Cousin Junior. Somewhere around about WM 1

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
I remember the killer bees. They would wear masks and swap each other out to win their matches. Faces with heel tactics, before it become cool!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Ron Miller defend the NWA Australia title on WCW Australia Channel 9 in 1978 as a toddler with my Dad. Ted Whitten would commentate. Kerry Packer dumped their TV deal at the end of that year to focus on World Series Cricket.
I remember they had wrestling on TV Sunday mornings
Early 70's
Brute Bernard V someone local.Not sure I was 5 or 6

Survivor series 98 Regal v Xpac as part of the tournament. Double count out if I remember correctly

I don't remember a first match but I do remember the first segment I saw.
I was at my nan's place after school on a Friday arvo and SmackDown was on. Don't think I knew before then that she watched wrestling but I had definitely never watched anything.

This segment happened:

I was immediately an Eddie fan and got hooked probably late that year/early 05. Was heartbroken when he died.

Watched Ric Flair vs Eddie when they toured here and they put on a great match I was shattered when he died a few weeks later.

Eddie Guerrero vs JBL steel cage match 2005 smack down .

Eddie could have escaped and frog splashed off the top instead .. hooked me

Undertaker v JBL at No Mercy 2004. Last ride match when Heidenreich drove into the car Roman reigns style and tried to kill a dead guy. 10 year old me had to keep watching to see what would happen to a guy who killed a man on live tv.

First ever match I watched was actually the Battle of the Billionaires. My mate had his dad burn a bunch of matches onto a disc when my mate first started getting into. I hated wrestling at the time (mainly because my mum hated it), but my mate loved it. The first match on the disc was the Battle of the Billionaires and second was the classic Austin Vs Hart.

Wrestlemania 1
I was so upset when The US Express were cheated out of Tag team champions.
I remember watching Randy Savage v Ricky Steamboat and thinking that was the greatest match I ever saw.
Then Rick Rude V Ultimate Warrior surpassed and then Ladder match Michaels V Ramon and then Austin V Hart.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back