Recommitted Fischer McAsey - signed contract extension until 2023

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Not feeling too confident. If he turns around and says he wants to be a forward then that is an out to leave. We just drafted TT and have reasonable hopes for Fog.
Is McAsey expected to play 20-22 games this year?

I am predicting Talia to play all 22 games at full back. Doedee to play 22 games on a back pocket or half back flank as a 3rd tall.

I expect McAsey to play 10-12 games at CHB and Jordan Butts to play the other 10-12 games as CHB.

Depth needs to be rotated.

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
Is McAsey expected to play 20-22 games this year?

I am predicting Talia to play all 22 games at full back. Doedee to play 22 games on a back pocket or half back flank as a 3rd tall.

I expect McAsey to play 10-12 games at CHB and Jordan Butts to play the other 10-12 games as CHB.

Depth needs to be rotated.

Somethings feels a bit off with McAsey given he hasnt signed and we've heard nothing on him this preseason. Could be nothing though. I would hope he plays every game he can because our KPD's are a huge weak point at the present. I'd hope 17+ if hes capable. We desperately need Talia fit for some stability. We also need Butts to come through who has put on some size. On paper it seems like they will be rotated, but if injuries both will need to play. Who knows where Worrell is at but hes another who could slot in.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Somethings feels a bit off with McAsey given he hasnt signed and we've heard nothing on him this preseason. Could be nothing though. I would hope he plays every game he can because our KPD's are a huge weak point at the present. I'd hope 17+ if hes capable. We desperately need Talia fit for some stability. We also need Butts to come through who has put on some size. On paper it seems like they will be rotated, but if injuries both will need to play. Who knows where Worrell is at but hes another who could slot in.

Well If talia is injured, You can win some games without him.

McAsey and Butts are both 197cm. So either of them is tall enough to play full back. Again. Dodee is 188 cm and can play CHB. Funny that, Because I actually though he was 192-195 cm.

that means you need one of your 190cm mids to play as a 3rd tall on a back flank or back pocket. Hinge or Broadie Smith could play that role.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
McAsey just doesn’t seem to fit in at the Crows. Not based on anything but I get the “feels a bit off” comment.

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets
McAsey just doesn’t seem to fit in at the Crows. Not based on anything but I get the “feels a bit off” comment.
Find it weird that people think he does fit in at the crows he has his close friend since juniors at the club in Josh Worrell thought that would of settled him

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Geez you will be pissed off if you were a crows fan if both of them left at the end of this year
We hope they don't as it will leave a big hole in defense moving forward, but it seems the club has got its act together in terms of its culture - moving on a number of guys from last year both in back of house / senior management and also coaching staff and Nicks bringing in his people. Also it looks like most of the interstate lads stayed on over the summer break and trained hard and there have been encouraging signs about players bonding well.

So if it turns out McAsey and Worrell both want to go despite how things are appearing (good young list, better culture etc), we just have to try and get the best return for them and identify some other players to come in to do their role

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets
We hope they don't as it will leave a big hole in defense moving forward, but it seems the club has got its act together in terms of its culture - moving on a number of guys from last year both in back of house / senior management and also coaching staff and Nicks bringing in his people. Also it looks like most of the interstate lads stayed on over the summer break and trained hard and there have been encouraging signs about players bonding well.

So if it turns out McAsey and Worrell both want to go despite how things are appearing (good young list, better culture etc), we just have to try and get the best return for them and identify some other players to come in to do their role
Hopefully they both sign on they might be working out the length of the contract and dollars

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Geez you will be pissed off if you were a crows fan if both of them left at the end of this year
Pissed off with the club for letting it happen. If they leave it will be either lack of opportunity or salary cap issues.

McAsey should play every game in defence unless fitness prevents it. Worrell should get plenty of game time this year up forward with Himmelberg and Fogarty. We will play Tex at every opportunity though, which sums up our club at the minute.

Having to still pay part of Josh Jenkins' contract, having Walker still contracted plus still having Bryce Gibbs on the books, plus giving a rookie deal to David Mackay shows how poorly mismanged the cap had been this year and in previous years. This is all on top of having both Rory Laird and Matt Crouch entering Free Agency this year.

Last edited:

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets
Pissed off with the club for letting it happen. If they leave it will be either lack of opportunity or salary cap issues.

McAsey should play every game in defence unless fitness prevents it. Worrell should get plenty of game time this year up forward with Himmelberg and Fogarty. We will play Tex at every opportunity though, which sums up our club at the minute.

Having to still pay part of Josh Jenkins' contract, having Walker still contracted plus still having Bryce Gibbs on the books, plus giving a rookie deal to David Mackay shows how poorly mismanged the cap had been this year and in previous years. This is all on top of having both Rory Laird and Matt Crouch entering Free Agency this year.
I have a mate that’s a crows supporter he had one of the greatest rents when David Mackay got a new contract

I have a mate that’s a crows supporter he had one of the greatest rents when David Mackay got a new contract
That would be Bottom 50 hall of Famer David McKay, thank you very much.

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Every male supporter under the age of 60 had the same type of rant. Many over it would have too.

He appeals to the Apricot Slice Brigade and the under 40 female crowd though.

Also has 2 sons who are F/S eligible in future years. So has achieved something for the club.

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
David Mackay is the GOAT we will never see another player like him it will be a sad day when he retires
He will be in the same motorcade that drives Tex around the ground to say farewell after they retire. Bookmark that.

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
You guy’s have a great future going forward
We should have a good team in 4-5 years time. Would have been better with JUH in it of course.

Think we will probably win the spoon again this year, or go close to it. I can live with that if it play mostly kids and give them some exposure at the top level. If we get the spoon and the senior guys are guaranteed selection every week, then I will be pissed off.

You guys should continue to pretty well in the future as well.

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
So what's the boards position on Fish now?

Would love to have some clear opinions from those that try to be first rather than thoughtful.

He's slow?
Can't Mark?
Bad kick?
Terrible decision maker?
Soft?
Poor leader?
Leaving at first opportunity?
Waste of a top pick?

Seriously, it's cut and paste for some.

Berg, Fog, ROB, McAdam, Jones ... Hell even the Dood got bad press on here! Charlie Cameron was lambasted for not being consistent Tex and Sloane called selfish. Talia over the hill. Brouch soft and ordinary. Mrouch average. Mackay lacks effort.

I'm cool with us being critical, but at least think about adding some of your own thought before spitting out the same old.

For my money, Fish looks like a very very good prospect. Big strong brave smart clean players don't grow on trees. Looking forward to him showing his qualities as he grows with our other young talent.

Our bigs now include Rob, Fog, Fish, Talia, Berg, Thorpy. That is a pretty nice bunch imo. <Forgot Borlase and Butts coming through too>

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
So what's the boards position on Fish now?

Would love to have some clear opinions from those that try to be first rather than thoughtful.

He's slow?
Can't Mark?
Bad kick?
Terrible decision maker?
Soft?
Poor leader?
Leaving at first opportunity?
Waste of a top pick?

Seriously, it's cut and paste for some.

Berg, Fog, ROB, McAdam, Jones ... Hell even the Dood got bad press on here! Charlie Cameron was lambasted for not being consistent Tex and Sloane called selfish. Talia over the hill. Brouch soft and ordinary. Mrouch average. Mackay lacks effort.

I'm cool with us being critical, but at least think about adding some of your own thought before spitting out the same old.

For my money, Fish looks like a very very good prospect. Big strong brave smart clean players don't grow on trees. Looking forward to him showing his qualities as he grows with our other young talent.

Our bigs now include Rob, Fog, Fish, Talia, Berg, Thorpy. That is a pretty nice bunch imo. <Forgot Borlase and Butts coming through too>
Worrell and frampton are there too..although frampton is a break glass emergency option only imo

Back