Recommitted Fischer McAsey - signed contract extension until 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Do the Bulldogs really need a key defender? I think a team like Richmond would be a better option for McAsey with Grimes and Astbury both nearing 30 and in the twilight of their careers.

Geelong the other one with Blics and Henderson 30+ (also would have selected him with our pick had he been available - was stated by Twomey and other insiders)

Because he doesn’t want to play for the Crows. Don’t mean to be so blunt but that is more than likely the reason they aren’t playing him.
I don't think that's actually how clubs function.

The Crows may know he is unsettled due to his father, but he also has some mates at the club and they'll be supporting him. I can't imagine the Crows already think he's so far gone that they're not playing him - hell, if you know he's gone, you'd be showcasing him for potential trade partners ...

17 disposals he had on the weekend.

And 8 in each of his 2 games prior.

Everything I've read about him says he's been struggling
It's going to be about his long term development.

Confident he will be a good player.

Hopefully with the Crows going forward.

We have already given you Croich....

It's going to be about his long term development.

Confident he will be a good player.

Hopefully with the Crows going forward.

We have already given you Croich....
Not arguing it's not about his long term development for your club or any club that might end up with him.

That doesn't change the fact that he's uncontracted and has been struggling in the SANFL so I can't see him getting a first round pick unless he turns it around.

Not arguing it's not about his long term development for your club or any club that might end up with him.

That doesn't change the fact that he's uncontracted and has been struggling in the SANFL so I can't see him getting a first round pick unless he turns it around.
You are overplaying the struggling card.

He was one of our best last weekend & played some decent games at AFL level last year.

Could well play AFL this year.

Keep talking him down if you must... but reckon he will prove you wrong.

You are overplaying the struggling card.

He was one of our best last weekend & played some decent games at AFL level last year.

Could well play AFL this year.

Keep talking him down if you must... but reckon he will prove you wrong.
Prove me wrong how? I'm not suggesting he's a bust. He clearly has potential.

But his value has dropped a long way from where he was drafted. One decent game in the SANFL isn't enough to change that.

Prove me wrong how? I'm not suggesting he's a bust. He clearly has potential.

But his value has dropped a long way from where he was drafted. One decent game in the SANFL isn't enough to change that.
He played most of last season in his 1st season. Most key position players don't.

He will be playing AFL again soon, perhaps even this week as we need another tall defender.

It's amusing to watch opposition supporters talk down someone who imo will be a good player when he is only in his 2nd year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He played most of last season in his 1st season. Most key position players don't.

He will be playing AFL again soon, perhaps even this week as we need another tall defender.

It's amusing to watch opposition supporters talk down someone who imo will be a good player when he is only in his 2nd year.
I don't think I'm talking him down. I'm just stating the facts.

Yes he played AFL last year in a very poor side but he didn't look great and his first 3 games in the SANFL were below average by all reports but then played ok on the weekend.

Sorry to upset you, but this does not sound like a guy that has held his value since being drafted.

Hopefully for the Crows sake he signs and it isn't an issue.

I'm not sure what else you expect me to say, I'll be more than happy to come and talk him up if he shows anything that may see his value start going back the other way.

To be fair it’s 1 game. The SANFL watchers on your board have all been saying he’s been poor up until last weekend.
Not sure who you've read say that - I've watched every game. He's been terrible once, good twice and excellent once.

I don't think I'm talking him down. I'm just stating the facts.

Yes he played AFL last year in a very poor side but he didn't look great and his first 3 games in the SANFL were below average by all reports but then played ok on the weekend.

Sorry to upset you, but this does not sound like a guy that has held his value since being drafted.

Hopefully for the Crows sake he signs and it isn't an issue.

I'm not sure what else you expect me to say, I'll be more than happy to come and talk him up if he shows anything that may see his value start going back the other way.
He was in the best three on the ground last game, and was also pretty good against South and West, taking 6 or 7 marks in each game in more of a nullifying role. He was terrible against the Eagles but the whole side had a mare that day.

He was in the best three on the ground last game, and was also pretty good against South and West, taking 6 or 7 marks in each game in more of a nullifying role. He was terrible against the Eagles but the whole side had a mare that day.
He was only named 6th best on the weekend and that was the first time named in the best this year in pretty sure.

He only took 5 marks against West and didn't take 7 marks in any of his first 3 games.

Do the Bulldogs really need a key defender? I think a team like Richmond would be a better option for McAsey with Grimes and Astbury both nearing 30 and in the twilight of their careers.
We don’t need one necessarily but it would be nice to have one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back