Recommitted Fischer McAsey - signed contract extension until 2023

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Reckon he'll end up doing a Naughton and switching forward at some point. Think he's got the natural athleticism and ability to play up there, and has a nice straight set shot action.

That being said Carlton need a replacement for Liam Jones, and McAsey could be moulded into a similar style player.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He was looking to re-sign before Covid hit but hasn't done as of yet.
One year to go and he is one the Crows would be desperate to lock in.
Would be a massive loss.
Do Crows fans like what they’ve seen? Early days and a tough season but from the outside has didn’t show too much.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do Crows fans like what they’ve seen? Early days and a tough season but from the outside has didn’t show too much.
Poor kid got well and truly thrown in the deep end. Early on in the season it was like the Alamo in the crows defensive end and he was being asked to pkay on some big boys and got ragdolled a bit. But hell it is his 1st season and if he decides to hang around i can see him developing into a very good tall defender.

The one knock i had was that he does not appear to be very quick but i suspect a few preseasons will help with that

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC

Big step up from TAC footy to play key defence at AFL level level. Don't think he's much of a contested player, more of a Jake Lever-style interceptor without his early output.

Weitering was pretty poor one-on-one early days, so he can turn it around, but I think McAsey would be better used as a straight-line forward.

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Poor kid got well and truly thrown in the deep end. Early on in the season it was like the Alamo in the crows defensive end and he was being asked to pkay on some big boys and got ragdolled a bit. But hell it is his 1st season and if he decides to hang around i can see him developing into a very good tall defender.

The one knock i had was that he does not appear to be very quick but i suspect a few preseasons will help with that
Thanks, lines up with the bits I saw. Very early days.
There has been a suggestion that his main strength, intercept marking, was a bit overstated in his draft year due to poor delivery from the opposition at that age.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Needs a couple of good preseasons in the gym to put on 5-10kg, but being able to spend some time with coaches and the rest of the team will help as well.

Certainly one for us to get signed up ASAP.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was in the Adelaide draft room on draft night and changed his jumper number. You probably wouldn't do that if you were planning on leaving.

Signing a contract is barely a guarantee of anything these days. I'm not putting much stock in any "sign", especially a flimsy one like changing a jumper number, until there's a signature on a dotted line.

KingsRansom

Club Legend
Aug 23, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Fischer McAsey reportedly had a chat with James Gallagher and his manager a couple of weeks ago.

Sandy boy, Key Defender.

Make of that what you will

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Fischer McAsey reportedly had a chat with James Gallagher and his manager a couple of weeks ago.

Sandy boy, Key Defender.

Make of that what you will
And a huge Dogs fan. These things don’t mean much, it’s their job and a business. Not many players get to play and live in the suburb they grew up or for the team they supported growing up.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2002
* . . port lincoln
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Seattle SuperSonics
Would have figured he would be in the delisting category so why would they sign him up now?

Adelaide need to be a bit more firmer in contract negotiations and not make the mistakes of the past
lol pick 6 last year and we are going to delist him fair call

Back