Recommitted Fischer McAsey [OOC 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

He hasn't had senior games in 2 years despite being a first round pick. He's going to be a late pick if traded. Probably a 3rd at most. Seems like the club are willing to trade him for either home reasons or to help their draft hand.
Probably I late second due to being in contract I reckon. But I still doubt he moves unless we have another tall lined up?

Probably I late second due to being in contract I reckon. But I still doubt he moves unless we have another tall lined up?
He hasn't played in 2 years because he's shite you've been bottom 5 and would've played him to develop him if he was showing any remote signs. If he goes you're pushing him and you'll get little to nothing for him

Because they have had multiple years to look at him, they would have a pretty good idea of who and what he is by now.

They are going after Rankine and possibly JHF
So? He hasn't even finished his third year as a key position tall. He's still working into his body. Seems dumb to give up on a talented players that early.

He hasn't played in 2 years because he's shite you've been bottom 5 and would've played him to develop him if he was showing any remote signs. If he goes you're pushing him and you'll get little to nothing for him
Yeah, best we don't trade him then.

I’m sure the Crows have realistic expectations as to what they’ll receive for a bloke they clearly have well down the depth chart and don’t feel warrants games. Where he was drafted is irrelevant now. He’s just a clogger to the Crows at this point. He’s a speculative low risk pick up for another team. Might be out of the AFL in a couple of years.

I’m sure the Crows have realistic expectations as to what they’ll receive for a bloke they clearly have well down the depth chart and don’t feel warrants games. Where he was drafted is irrelevant now. He’s just a clogger to the Crows at this point. He’s a speculative low risk pick up for another team. Might be out of the AFL in a couple of years.
I think trading now while he still has interest and go to the draft for Phillipou & Lemmey would be the best for them. Might even find a rookie tall too.

If we can get something for McAsey (KPD/ KPF) we might re-sign Himmelberg (KPF), but if Himmelberg wants to go (gets a better offer) we'd probably keep McAsey. Frampton (KPF/ KPD) is in the mix somewhere between out the door and being re-signed too.

I can't see us trading all 3 x 200cm KPD/KPFs, but it sounds like we don't want them all either.

None good enough for our first 22, but we do have Thilthorpe Walker and Fogarty - promising to make up the strongest forward line in the AFL next year (don't laugh, it's true).

McAsey has been playing pretty good KPF, he has a strong contested mark. If it's him who goes, good luck to the lad.

If we can get something for McAsey (KPD/ KPF) we might re-sign Himmelberg (KPF), but if Himmelberg wants to go (gets a better offer) we'd probably keep McAsey. Frampton (KPF/ KPD) is in the mix somewhere between out the door and being re-signed too.

I can't see us trading all 3 x 200cm KPD/KPFs, but it sounds like we don't want them all either.

None good enough for our first 22, but we do have Thilthorpe Walker and Fogarty - promising to make up the strongest forward line in the AFL next year (don't laugh, it's true).

McAsey has been playing pretty good KPF, he has a strong contested mark. If it's him who goes, good luck to the lad.
It's not even close to true. In fact you won't be in the best 15 forward lines however Fogarty is a sweet kick of the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrong, but we will see.

Walker Fogarty Thilthorpe
Rankine McAdam Rachelle

I'll wait for the 15 better line ups.
Well its the line up that's taken you to being the 13th best attack in the comp with Walker one year older who does most of your scoring and you add Rankine who is a 1 goal per game forward.
How that adds up to being the best attack in the comp is anybody's guess. I might of exaggerated a bit but it is certainly not Top 10 in the league.

Last edited:
You definitely don't mean this .....if McAsey does a Stengle

Remember .....you're happy to off-load McAsey, because you & other Crows supporters think he's a dud ......another Club will pick him, if they see a different player emerging

Judging a KPP in his 3rd year as a flop .....is a recipe for a disaster, which another Club benefits from

You definitely don't mean this .....if McAsey does a Stengle

Remember .....you're happy to off-load McAsey, because you & other Crows supporters think he's a dud ......another Club will pick him, if they see a different player emerging

Judging a KPP in his 3rd year as a flop .....is a recipe for a disaster, which another Club benefits from

I would keep him, Frampton goes for me.

I've watched McAsey live on several occasions the past 2 years, he hasn't performed well, but has looked ok on a few games I've seen on the app.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

What?

The guy is probably on 150k and we have about 1m to spare.
Honestly why bother trading him?? The very reason carlton would want him for a packet of dorritos is the same reason adelaide should keep him. Hold him another year and see if he lives up to some hype and potential, once that lemon has been squeezed fully and you can conclude better he will not make it then flog him off for tge dorrito packet. Dont let your trash become another mans treasure

He hasn't had senior games in 2 years despite being a first round pick. He's going to be a late pick if traded. Probably a 3rd at most. Seems like the club are willing to trade him for either home reasons or to help their draft hand.
What is so unusual about a young key position player not getting a senior spot their first two years?? Can takd often years to come on

What is so unusual about a young key position player not getting a senior spot their first two years?? Can takd often years to come on

16 games in the SANFL this year and he's only had 10 or more touches in 4 of them.

I don't care what position you play, you should be touching the ball more than that if you want to make it in the AFL. Crows should just take a third rounder as there's a greater likelihood of that pick making it than McAsey.

Honestly why bother trading him?? The very reason carlton would want him for a packet of dorritos is the same reason adelaide should keep him. Hold him another year and see if he lives up to some hype and potential, once that lemon has been squeezed fully and you can conclude better he will not make it then flog him off for tge dorrito packet. Dont let your trash become another mans treasure

The Crows probably want another pick in this draft given they will have to give up a couple (including their first round pick) for Rankine

Hopefully we can have another Lewis Young revitalization at Ikon Park 🙂

The Crows probably want another pick in this draft given they will have to give up a couple (including their first round pick) for Rankine

Hopefully we can have another Lewis Young revitalization at Ikon Park 🙂
I doubt Adele aide care about getting a pick 50 into the club, why didnt carlton offload paddy dow at age 20/21 for a third rounder??

Why would carlton want him as well?

I doubt Adele aide care about getting a pick 50 into the club, why didnt carlton offload paddy dow at age 20/21 for a third rounder??

Our KPD depth is absolutely shallow since Jones retired/refused to get vaccinated.

Crows have got plenty of KPD at their club already, which made the decision to draft him at pick 6 even more baffling.

List spots are at an premium these days, it is obvious Nicks sees no future for him at the club, and yes they will be selling him for something like 10 cents in the dollar, but as I say, the Crows are quietly building a pretty impressive young list, and need to make space to bring in the likes of Rankine.

I think that we will let a couple go guys go to get a few later picks to cover off a bid on our F/S Michalanney who is predicted to be around the 2nd round mark

Our KPD depth is absolutely shallow since Jones retired/refused to get vaccinated.

Crows have got plenty of KPD at their club already, which made the decision to draft him at pick 6 even more baffling.

List spots are at an premium these days, it is obvious Nicks sees no future for him at the club, and yes they will be selling him for something like 10 cents in the dollar, but as I say, the Crows are quietly building a pretty impressive young list, and need to make space to bring in the likes of Rankine.
Plenty of KPD’s?..

Sorry… what?..

We have murray and butts who play in the AFL 22 each week..

Then Frampton and Borlase.. Borlase will probably be delisted and word is Frampton could be off to the pies..

And McAsey has been played as a KPF for the last 10 or so games in the SANFL..

Crows have sweet FA when it comes to KPD depth.

I’d rather they simply hang on to him for a final season instead of giving him away for nothing.

Plenty of KPD’s?..

Sorry… what?..

We have murray and butts who play in the AFL 22 each week..

Then Frampton and Borlase.. Borlase will probably be delisted and word is Frampton could be off to the pies..

And McAsey has been played as a KPF for the last 10 or so games in the SANFL..

Crows have sweet FA when it comes to KPD depth.

I’d rather they simply hang on to him for a final season instead of giving him away for nothing.
I suspect we'll select a mature age KPD in the rookie draft this year. We'll be likely to have three selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back