Roast FistingRick04, you were wrong!!! Justin Westhoff B&F winner 2018

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If Ken plays Howard, Dixon and Ryder as our tall forwards for the rest of the year, then Westhoff will be handy playing as that true utility who starts either at high HF or on the wing, and can drop back as needed to help what will be an undersized defence without Howard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RangaInTeal

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
This year I'd agree but for the time Hinkley has been with us he's been very consistent and expected to play a multitude of roles. Saying he does the occasional freaky thing is either a personal thing or ignorance and I couldn't accuse you of not having seen him play regularly.

His B&F results are
2013 - 4th
2014 - 4th
2015 - 5th
2016 - 10th
2017 - 10th
2018 - 1st
Best and fairest results in years we did not play in a Semi Final don’t carry much weight around Port Adelaide. Even the “old” Port Adelaide, we didn’t care who won the Best and Fairest, team success far outweighed the individual!

Have any of our players in the last 15 years, bar Boaky, shown a willingness and sacrifice to be the very best player in the competition? Hence why the Wines incident at the start of the year hurt so much, what sacrifices are this playing group making?

4th best of a bad bunch still makes you a bad bunch...

simba_

ask me how to use this space for advertising
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, mew2king, Utah Jazz
at the end of the day if your nickname is Humphrey and you're possibly the least physical Aussie rules player in history, you have a 1 in 1 billion chance of playing 300 games for Port Adelaide. so i guess we're witnessing a true miracle

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Best and fairest results in years we did not play in a Semi Final don’t carry much weight around Port Adelaide. Even the “old” Port Adelaide, we didn’t care who won the Best and Fairest, team success far outweighed the individual!

Have any of our players in the last 15 years, bar Boaky, shown a willingness and sacrifice to be the very best player in the competition? Hence why the Wines incident at the start of the year hurt so much, what sacrifices are this playing group making?

B&F results matter in the context of the discussion where the claim was made that Westhoff does some freakish things every now and then and that's it. Polling in the top end consistently means he's doing a bit more than that.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Sack Hinkleys
B&F results largely share the value that the coaches awarding them have

If you think the coach is ****ting up your side with selections, B&F positions decided by the coaching team don’t really refute anything, iy just says coaches think theyre right

Last edited:

RangaInTeal

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
B&F results matter in the context of the discussion where the claim was made that Westhoff does some freakish things every now and then and that's it. Polling in the top end consistently means he's doing a bit more than that.
Best and Fairest results given out by a coaching group who I don’t respect... forever bridesmaids and this attitude could attribute to why!

Magus

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
B&F results largely share the value that the coaches awarding them have

If you think the coach is ****ting up your side with selections, B&F positions decided by the coaching team don’t really refute anything, iy just says coaches think theyre right
What other metric would you use to point towards consistency other than B&F results or is it just the vibe?

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think Westy is down on confidence at the moment , I’m hoping he’s not cooked and that when the side gets more settled he’ll come back up .
He’ll have to hurry though .Theres a fair bit of competition for spots at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GremioPower

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"
Uruguayana, RS (BRA) [last: Rockville, MD (USA)]
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Cleveland Indian
As we can see I’m not the only one who thinks he’s overrated, why am I the only one to cope it....

Where are all the defenders. I agree with others, BnF means nothing.
I think Hoff is being misused, but he wouldn't be the only one, would he?

AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Kane Cornes was able to win 4 B&Fs at our club...enough said

Edit: Not wanting to take anything away from Hoff’s 2018 performance - it was well deserved. But his 2015-17 seasons were average at best and he’s reverted to that level in 2019. Hopefully a positional change on the back of Dixon coming in changes that

Top Bottom