Analysis Fitness and Strength

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty damning.

did you think a bunch of kids would run out a game as well as mature AFL players?

our injuries occurred to two good runners.

two guys played for us that have only put in a handful of games between them in the last twelve months. (Cunners and Will).

context is everything. Don’t be too harsh on them.

Its not the kids that bothered me. Its what ... 5% less distance covered. On its own it wouldn't matter but its coupled with the flat footedness. So instead of attacking the ball players stand and wait for it while the Dogs were running at the contest. That alone caused heaps of turnovers.

did you think a bunch of kids would run out a game as well as mature AFL players?

our injuries occurred to two good runners.

two guys played for us that have only put in a handful of games between them in the last twelve months. (Cunners and Will).

context is everything. Don’t be too harsh on them.

Context does matter. At 3/4 our top 3 runners were Simpkin, Walker and McKay. 6'5 defenders outrunning our mids, half forwards and half backs is abysmal, regardless of age.

Anyone else excited for the Pre-season to come under Nobes?

I predict the mother of all preseasons because at the moment we aren't up to scratch.

Lazarro, Phillips, Jy, Powell will eat it up.

I predict the mother of all preseasons because at the moment we aren't up to scratch.

It apparently will take 2-3 YEARS to get us to the level we require. Certainly some are ok now but not many.

There will be a boxing camp and other such pleasantries awaiting the team at seasons end. Players will be graded and those the poorest will get to hang with JB over the break.
JB aint happy with our current condition- believe it or not, I don't really care.

It apparently will take 2-3 YEARS to get us to the level we require. Certainly some are ok now but not many.

There will be a boxing camp and other such pleasantries awaiting the team at seasons end. Players will be graded and those the poorest will get to hang with JB over the break.
JB aint happy with our current condition- believe it or not, I don't really care.

Mate I saw your rig the other day - why don't you take them for training?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does warrant a mention that Brisbane were coming of the bye while we were backing up a hard fought draw. Also, Brisbane have been the form team of the competition over the last nine rounds. When you take those into account and the fact that we’re a young, undermanned team, we may just be overplaying the fitness angle a tad… or not?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It does warrant a mention that Brisbane were coming of the bye while we were backing up a hard fought draw. Also, Brisbane have been the form team of the competition over the last nine rounds. When you take those into account and the fact that we’re a young, undermanned team, we may just be overplaying the fitness angle a tad… or not?

You don’t think we look “under-sized“?

We must limit returning players' game time better. Garner broke down in the last 5 minutes last match only in his 2nd game back. Do not want the same to happen to Mcdonald or Tarrant over the coming weeks

As long as Jono Segal isn’t there it’s time for a brand new regime of fitness

You don’t think we look “under-sized“?

Possibly. Corr coming back should sort that out. Today we had Tarrant, Mckay, Goldstein, Xerri, Walker and Larkey. That’s 6 big men. When you add the two Z men (both almost 190 and brutes) + Cunners, I’m not so sure. LMac and Robbie are both still a little underdone. Stevo, arguably, as well. It’s hard to see them all running out a full game yet.

Last edited:
We must limit returning players' game time better. Garner broke down in the last 5 minutes last match only in his 2nd game back. Do not want the same to happen to Mcdonald or Tarrant over the coming weeks

I don’t know if you can call twisting an ankle breaking down exactly. Stevo “broke down” after playing the first 7 or so games, if we’re calling that a breakdown - to be fair.

Possibly. Corr coming back should sort that out. Today we had Tarrant, Mckay, Goldstein, Xerri, Walker and Larkey. That’s 6 big men. When you add the two Z men (both almost 190 and brutes) + Cunners, I’m not so sure. LMac and Robbie are both still a little underdone. Stevo, arguably, as well. It’s hard to see them all running out a full game yet.

I was actually taking about size from a muscle POV......most of our blokes, bar a couple, have spaghetti arms. Time to hit the gym hard for most of em.

I was actually taking about size from a muscle POV......most of our blokes, bar a couple, have spaghetti arms. Time to hit the gym hard for most of em.

Agree, 100%.

Been this way, for a while.

I'd love for our blokes to bomb goals, outside 50.

Even Hipwood dobs them, post high.

Larkey struggles to make the distance, from 40m.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back