Toast Fitness Boss Jarrod Wade

Remove this Banner Ad

This man needs to take a f#@king bow!

We run games out like no team in the comp 100% a big part of our clutchness in close games and us coming home like a tsunami in the 4th comes from this guys fitness program.
I watched McKay pulling in the big ones in the last and thought this may be sign we are going to run over them.

Well done Wadie you are a big reason we’ve won the close ones.

From the outside looking in; he has me genuinely worried if we’re actually any good or just fitter than everyone else. I heard a month ago that Sydney were ranked as the best 4th quarter team in the AFL and wondered how that could be? Maybe they blew out some teams, but we reeled in so many opposition leads under fierce intensity…

From the outside looking in; he has me genuinely worried if we’re actually any good or just fitter than everyone else. I heard a month ago that Sydney were ranked as the best 4th quarter team in the AFL and wondered how that could be? Maybe they blew out some teams, but we reeled in so many opposition leads under fierce intensity…
Imagine the wonders he can work with a more talented & deeper squad, and another preseason!

Fitness definitely a contributor.

I remember watching the video in this thread before the season started, where he made a big point of lessons learnt in his last NRL stint.
He believed training to LIFT in the latter stages of a game was critical.

Which is exactly what he delivered to the group.
Great work, and acquisition for the Club.

Hats off to Jarrod and the other medical and conditioning staff for this year. Surely the least amount of soft tissue injuries we've had for a long time. We were able to field a consistent core of players in the best 22 and run out games like champs. Looking forward to a big pre-season!

Something like 38 players used including 6 debutants and 2 club debutants, but still had 16 players play 22 games or more this season. Fantastic effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hats off to Jarrod and the other medical and conditioning staff for this year. Surely the least amount of soft tissue injuries we've had for a long time. We were able to field a consistent core of players in the best 22 and run out games like champs. Looking forward to a big pre-season!
Agree.
He is a massive reason for us having a good year.

Despite the drop in injuries, it was listening to players speak about him & the anecdotal stores about him that made me realise he appears to be very very good.

Fly claiming PBs late in the season is pretty damning on the previous staff.
Multiple older players commenting at the copeland about how he smashed them in pre-season.

No wonder the 1st year players never got a look in. In Wades eyes, they just wouldn't be fit enough to do what we need them to.
Hence Draper getting pulled out for a fitness block (apparently).
Even Carmy, who came in hailed as a good runner in SANFL, looks massively unfit when compared to others.

His comment in the video someone posted that i loved was (something like) "i target training for the last minute of the Grand Final. To make sure we are as best prepared for that moment as we can be"..... from what we saw this year, he is true to his word on that.

I'm really keen to see what he does with the group over this pre-season.

When this thread was bumped, I thought Christ we have not lost him have we. He was one of the important people at the club the best we have had since prime Butterfant years a massive reason we were able to run out games better than most, unlike the Swams I stil think we had 1 more game in us and Jack Crisp alluded to this very thing when he felt we had unfinished business.

Thank god we are not talking about the lost of Waite though that would be a very bad outcome.

Agree.

Despite the drop in injuries, it was listening to players speak about him & the anecdotal stores about him that made me realise he appears to be very very good.

Multiple older players commenting at the copeland about how he smashed them in pre-season.

No wonder the 1st year players never got a look in. In Wades eyes, they just wouldn't be fit enough to do what we need them to.
Even Carmy, who came in hailed as a good runner in SANFL, looks massively unfit when compared to others.

His comment in the video someone posted that i loved was (something like) "i target training for the last minute of the Grand Final. To make sure we are as best prepared for that moment as we can be"..... from what we saw this year, he is true to his word on that.

Wasn’t Wade a member of that previous staff?

Wasn’t Wade a member of that previous staff?
No.

You maybe thinking of Kevin White, who was promoted internally when "hamstrings" Davoren left.
Kevin White ran the show after him and left to go to North last year (saw the writing on the wall maybe?)

Wade was formally in the NRL, but had worked in AFL beforehand.

But was completely new to Pies.

No.

You maybe thinking of Kevin White, who was promoted internally when "hamstrings" Davoren left.
Kevin White ran the show after him and left to go to North last year (saw the writing on the wall maybe?)

Wade was formally in the NRL, but had worked in AFL beforehand.

But was completely new to Pies.
Stop blaming ‘Twangavoren’ …he was living with the Buckley curse.

Agree.

Would love some one on one with Wade for a month to deal with a couple of the kgs I gained during lockdown.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Completely changed our injury luck around this season. Minus a few which you couldn't do too much about, but overall everyone was fitter than ever before. The way he conducted his pre-season sessions was just so different than I've seen. Clearly his history in rehab and all the stuff he has done prior gave him the inside view of how to prevent injuries and keep blokes on the park.

That's only after a few months in charge. Shame we didn't get this bloke sooner, but just another greay acquisition in this new regime.

Completely changed our injury luck around this season. Minus a few which you couldn't do too much about, but overall everyone was fitter than ever before. The way he conducted his pre-season sessions was just so different than I've seen. Clearly his history in rehab and all the stuff he has done prior gave him the inside view of how to prevent injuries and keep blokes on the park.

That's only after a few months in charge. Shame we didn't get this bloke sooner, but just another greay acquisition in this new regime.
It was actually your posts of Pre season that gave me the most hope this year.....as soon as a saw how different the warm-ups were and what he was asking my thinking was "well we're def not going to be worse off".

Think his injury profile in the NRL was also almost league best i think (pretty sure someone posted that earlier as well).

It was actually your posts of Pre season that gave me the most hope this year.....as soon as a saw how different the warm-ups were and what he was asking my thinking was "well we're def not going to be worse off".

Think his injury profile in the NRL was also almost league best i think (pretty sure someone posted that earlier as well).
I found it quite fascinating how different his program was. The different sort of warm ups they would do from the start. He clearly knew what he was doing. and it paid off. The boys ended up being better prepared for a physical season, able to run out games and just stopped a run of injury after injury we usually seemed to get. In game injuries you can't help sometimes, but very little soft issue injuries was a big thing I noticed.

Of course they'll change as players get older and their bodies struggle to keep up, but for the time being we have done very well.

I found it quite fascinating how different his program was. The different sort of warm ups they would do from the start. He clearly knew what he was doing. and it paid off. The boys ended up being better prepared for a physical season, able to run out games and just stopped a run of injury after injury we usually seemed to get. In game injuries you can't help sometimes, but very little soft issue injuries was a big thing I noticed.

Of course they'll change as players get older and their bodies struggle to keep up, but for the time being we have done very well.
I thought the mid session running was a big difference. The fact he would stop the drill and they’d do repeats for a bit showed it was about building repeat running when you’re tired.
Plus the warmups were great.

Telling that the older players “feared” what he would do….he looks a massive addition so far.

Contact injuries are all luck….so never worry about that.
But we routinely got players back either on time or ahead of schedule…that’s a huge difference to the perpetual “2 weeks” we’ve gotten as supporters in the past.

Only ones I can think of was Kroogs (which he said could happen, but kroogs was fine with the risk and he’d passed all tests) and tay (which again he acknowledged was a big risk)

So far so good….