Health & Fitness Fitness/Sport Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

was that the great ocean road one?

so if I did follow your lead.... how long would i be regretting it for? was your body screaming for a week after?
Nah it was the Mt Olinda one. They've changed the Oxfam trail for next year and made it a little easier. To the detriment of the even in my opinion.

I was pretty sore Sunday but I was back at the gym by Tuesday. You might have noticed I'm a stubborn campaigner, it helped me a lot.

Nah it was the Mt Olinda one. They've changed the Oxfam trail for next year and made it a little easier. To the detriment of the even in my opinion.

I was pretty sore Sunday but I was back at the gym by Tuesday. You might have noticed I'm a stubborn campaigner, it helped me a lot.

how much you raise?

stubbornness can have its benefits ;p

how much you raise?

stubbornness can have its benefits ;p
There's a thread on here with it somewhere.

1st time I think we got $2k, 2nd time slightly more.

Have you seen The Redeemed and the Dominant on Netflix Dave?

Taking part in all 3 SPARTAN races next weekend at Bright, in Victoria. 12 months of training leading up to this and I'm quietly shitting my pants.
Trails look killer. Excited. Scared. Investing in tape.

Pray to your imaginary sky friend for me.:thumbsu:

That's sick mate,have you done anything like them before?

I was planning on perhaps giving them a crack next year after doing tough mudder for the first time this year.
Let us know how you go. Goodluck

That's sick mate,have you done anything like them before?

I was planning on perhaps giving them a crack next year after doing tough mudder for the first time this year.
Let us know how you go. Goodluck

I did Tough Mudder 6 years ago and found it to be pretty easy to be honest. It was hugely popular and there was so many people that most obstacles were a chore as opposed to actually challenging. The distance was more of an issue than the obstacles. It 20 odd kms from memory.

The Spartan ones though are next level.
My wife did the 14km and 21km there 2 years ago and I told myself back then I should do it. It's been a slow process but the last 12 months I ramped up training and made them my personal fitness goals for 2018.

Will post up a pic when I finish. :thumbsu:

I did Tough Mudder 6 years ago and found it to be pretty easy to be honest. It was hugely popular and there was so many people that most obstacles were a chore as opposed to actually challenging. The distance was more of an issue than the obstacles. It 20 odd kms from memory.

The Spartan ones though are next level.
My wife did the 14km and 21km there 2 years ago and I told myself back then I should do it. It's been a slow process but the last 12 months I ramped up training and made them my personal fitness goals for 2018.

Will post up a pic when I finish. :thumbsu:

Cool yeah I'm keen to see how you go.

I've got those on my list as well as another tough mudder and possibly a fortnight at Phuket Fit over in Thailand.
Tough mudder I really liked the teamwork aspect of it but I'm now after a bit more of an individual challenge.

Cool yeah I'm keen to see how you go.

I've got those on my list as well as another tough mudder and possibly a fortnight at Phuket Fit over in Thailand.
Tough mudder I really liked the teamwork aspect of it but I'm now after a bit more of an individual challenge.

Individual challenges are the next step.

Teamwork is encouraged at Spartan; No one gets left behind. There's a real 'part of the family' feel to it as well which is really cool.
Tough Mudder was similar in the aspect but not like this.

Never heard of Phuket Fit so will check it out.

Taking part in all 3 SPARTAN races next weekend at Bright, in Victoria. 12 months of training leading up to this and I'm quietly shitting my pants.
Trails look killer. Excited. Scared. Investing in tape.

Pray to your imaginary sky friend for me.:thumbsu:
ahhh been meaning to look into these for a while. want to have something to work towards (im unfit af). looks fun though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well....better than 12 months ago that’s for sure. Not sure if I’m going to be able to do all three cos I’ve never done this before so....should be interesting.
good luck.Post some pics! maybe when you get that beer when you cross the line.

Well....better than 12 months ago that’s for sure. Not sure if I’m going to be able to do all three cos I’ve never done this before so....should be interesting.

Its supposedly the final time they are having it at Bright which many people seemed to like so soak it in.

Take some pics of the trifecta medal too.

My best friend who does muay thai and started up a free class on Sundays for women, I don't do cardio really as I stick to weights but I thought I'd go along as I'd love to learn how to punch etc.

Couldn't believe how technical it is and how sore I am today haha.

My best friend who does muay thai and started up a free class on Sundays for women, I don't do cardio really as I stick to weights but I thought I'd go along as I'd love to learn how to punch etc.

Couldn't believe how technical it is and how sore I am today haha.
Muay Thai is brutal. Arguably the most physical martial art there is.

Muay Thai is brutal. Arguably the most physical martial art there is.

The age that many of them start at is insane and the amount they fight/spar aswell.
Tough as nails.

The age that many of them start at is insane and the amount they fight/spar aswell.
Tough as nails.
Probably my favourite martial art to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back