Autopsy Fitzmagic! vs the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Thinks I learned from today's game.
1. Spang could lose his cult figure title to Fitz.
2. When Fitz marks 30 metres or closer to goals, he should start his run up from inside the centre square.
3. We have something special in Burton.
4. White X will play and be a valuable asset in the finals.
5. Shoey is pretty rusty,
6. We must find a way to stop the centre square bounces heading to the oppositions goals so frequently, and with such ease.
7. Our defense will be better with Stratts back.
8. We can write, "Mission Accomplished," against our first 2016 objective. We have made the finals with the double chance.
9. We can still play quality footy that could take us to another G.F.

Whilst Schoenmakers didn't get much of the ball his presence along with Fitzy really made our forward line look so much more competent. Defensive pressure and an inability to lock the ball in are still an issue but I don't recall us being out marked going forward at all. Not something I've said about our forward line in the last month.

Couldn't agree more. There was far more structure going forward today

You can focus on all the good things that our players do and support the team. During a match is not the time to tear players down. Got no problem with fair criticism in an autopsy thread but the volume of posts that amounted to 'we're so s**t' in the gameday thread was embarrassing.
I agree to an extent. Got no problem bagging out players errors and mistakes. Only thing that disturbs me is when some posters call for players to be traded, replaced, or worse..... Other than that, anything goes. Otherwise why have a public forum then?

You can focus on all the good things that our players do and support the team. During a match is not the time to tear players down. Got no problem with fair criticism in an autopsy thread but the volume of posts that amounted to 'we're so s**t' in the gameday thread was embarrassing.

This is what I don't get. We're not going to go through any match without making mistakes. One stuff up in the first few minutes of the game and some people are wringing their hands saying we're crap and bagging out the players. Oh well, each to their own I suppose. I watch to enjoy so don't stress too much over the bad stuff.

Last edited:
Just a few observations hartung seemed pumped this is a good thing, Lewis looked 100 years old getting off the deck(maybe it's time) clarko's eyes in the box after the final siren my god they were scary, judd's commentary was weak, commenti hates hawthorn ALOT! We played pretty bad but still got home, it was a strange ending!
It's been a strange season... Dunno what's happens from here but boy has there been some new faces.Onto the handbaggers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinks I learned from today's game.
1. Spang could lose his cult figure title to Fitz.
2. When Fitz marks 30 metres or closer to goals, he should start his run up from inside the centre square.
3. We have something special in Burton.
4. White X will play and be a valuable asset in the finals.
5. Shoey is pretty rusty,
6. We must find a way to stop the centre square bounces heading to the oppositions goals so frequently, and with such ease.
7. Our defense will be better with Stratts back.
8. We can write, "Mission Accomplished," against our first 2016 objective. We have made the finals with the double chance.
9. We can still play quality footy that could take us to another G.F.
Read point one and hit like , what were the other points ??

We're so predictable coming out of our defensive 50. Even if we get it to the center of the 50 meter arc, we then try and switch wide and go up the wings again with little chip kicks. This allows the opposition to flood back and in Collingwoods case (And everyone else will do it) if we turn it over, they'll have players in the center and they'll bring it straight back down. Happened time after time today.

Fitzpatrick could've played a few more games this year instead of McEvoy.
How so? Injured his knee in NAB challenge and then got a bad concussion in his comeback via Box Hill and then has played a couple games at Box Hill before getting back in.

I'm trying to get my head around some calls on Sicily being dropped, it seriously beggers belief. If this kid in his first season as a senior footballer hasn't given you enough to run with and be excited about then you have lost me.
His mark and goal ( contested mark which he is top 15 in the league for) was immense. He is 21 lol
Undoubted talent, exceptional even.

But what I've seen and have really taken a dislike to is his apparent chosing when to do the defensive thing. It isnt inexperience, it would fall more on the side of being lazy. Hes a quick mover, quick brain, hands etc, but some times he appears laconic, appearing to do the bare minimum and thinking that's good enough. It contrasts markedly with the effort he can show when there might be a goal in it for him. There is a lot of yin to his yang if you know what I mean.

TOB by contrast, may not have the talent etc of Sic ( perhaps unseen as at this time!), but he never lacks for effort. He absolutely gives it his all, in every contest.

Sic will be A grade, but he's got to knock this lazy side out of his game. And coming into finals, that'd be a good thing.:thumbsu:

tumblr_nwk31qtVob1tmok6qo1_400.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back