Fitzpatrick

Remove this Banner Ad

Just seems a really decent bloke; damn if that ain't half the battle. If he can (& he will) benefit from our coaching and fitness staff, & playing in the best team, I expect he will provide at least admirable depth (in a variety of positions). High hopes!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

24 goals from 22 games for the Dees is pretty good when you consider the ball doesnt spend a lot of time in the Dees forward line and delivery would be a lot more rushed when it it does go there.

Obviously 22 games is a small sample so stats can be distorted.

Im really intrigued by the suggestion he could end up playing chb for us. Mind-bogglingly monstrous bonus if this was even in the sphere of eventuating. I will roll around like a pig in mud and rub my stomach and clap my hands like a monkey if he became our permanent chb from round 5 onwards

Noted;)

I love that he grew up as a Hawks fan - imagine how stoked he'd have been when he got recruited. Seems like a pretty humble guy - would be a fantastic story if he came good with the Hawks.

Have a feeling Big Fitz is going to surprise a few on here.
Agree. You can't judge him on how good he was at Melbourne. That's unfair. everyone plays at least 10% worse at Melbourne than they would at another club. Fitz could of being suffering harshly. Reckon he was playing at least 25% worse than his potential. Could be good if given the right coaching etc.

I was talking to a Dees supporter recently who said that Fitzpatrick whilst appearing a bit unco, was in fact actually very quick. I might add he was not a great fan of Fitz, he did say he was the sort of guy who may be a late developer. Obviously most talls are often late developers and many never develop.
If he has a bit of pace it may explain why he was played as a KPD at VFL level.
Personally I suspect he is just depth but hope springs eternal.

Let's all be realistic the hawthorn football club are not miracle workers , if Fitzpatrick is playing we have a long list of injuries
Why even sign him then? I think he'll be playing before a looooong list of injuries occur. I don't expect him to be as good as Frawley or David Hale.

Btw. Hawthorn may not be miracle workers(we are already premiership workers) but a man named 'Çyril Rioli' is. You never know what a Wizard like Cyzza could do to enhance the powers of Fitz.

Why even sign him then? I think he'll be playing before a looooong list of injuries occur. I don't expect him to be as good as Frawley or David Hale.

Btw. Hawthorn may not be miracle workers(we are already premiership workers) but a man named 'Çyril Rioli' is. You never know what a Wizard like Cyzza could do to enhance the powers of Fitz.

Maybe but he was delisted by Melbourne yes they may not be the best at developing talent but he has had plenty of chances. As a depth point of view I actually like, but him being a regular in the 22 surely not

Maybe but he was delisted by Melbourne yes they may not be the best at developing talent but he has had plenty of chances. As a depth point of view I actually like, but him being a regular in the 22 surely not
He he improves to become a regular 22 spot then no problem. He is good depth but i don't think he is that bad. might turn out to be decent for us.

Let's all be realistic the hawthorn football club are not miracle workers , if Fitzpatrick is playing we have a long list of injuries

Can't understand posts like this. I have seen him play a few Melbourne games, and, although he appeared awkward, I was impressed by his endevour, aggression, and determination. He also took some good contested grabs. I suspect our club saw the same potential as I did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back