FitzroyPete

Senior List
Jan 22, 2018
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
East Perth (WAFL), Fitzroy (VAFA)
Fellow Fitzroy folk, I'm doing some research on our famous club that I'll be ready to provide greater detail about in the next month or so.
Our famous 1916 premiership team had a well-know timekeeper named Bob King who was about 55 years of age at the time.
There was also a Bob King, aged 22, who lined up in the back-pocket for the Maroons.
My intuition suggests they were father and son, but my research has been unable to confirm this.
Does anybody out there know whether or not the two Bob Kings (as opposed to two-bob kings) were related?
Many thanks if you can help me and a Happy New Year to you all irrespective.

No problem, Fat Pizza, a poster (35Daicos) in the History section confirmed that the two Bob Kings were father and son.

Another left-field question, this time relating to Round 1, 1897, versus Carlton.
I know none of the Big Footy posters would've been in attendance, but does anybody know who kicked Fitzroy's first goal?
There are six “suspects”: Jim Grace, Chris Kiernan, Roger Lamley, Bill McSpeerin, Arch Muirhead and Ted Staniland.
I've researched Trove newspapers reasonably thoroughly and have tried a range of Advanced Google searches, but all to no avail.
Many thanks if you can help me.
Answer: Bill McSpeerin (thanks again to 35Daicos).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back