Remove this Banner Ad

MrEAGLES

Debutant
Apr 27, 2008
Melb
AFL Club
West Coast
Hello all,

I have a posture where my shoulders are slouching forward. What exercises should I do to fix it? How can I correct my posture?

Thank everyone :thumbsu:

Seated rows, seated rows, seated rows.

Narrow gripped lat pull downs to your chest are also good. And don't forget to get your head through the gate at the top. Never go behind your head with lat pull downs.

And if you can, use the cable cross over for chest work rather than doing bench. Much easier to engage your upper back than with other chest exercises - great for helping you with tackling if you're still playing footy and it's a lifesaver for those of us with ****ed shoulders who still need to do chest work. :thumbsu:

depends where the actual problem (not the symptoms) are coming from...in most cases it's the hips where your quads and hip flexors are for too tight as in 99% of footballers and the glutes don't even know what day it is, let alone how to function...so what that does is drag the front of your pelvis down from the anteriour tightness and to keep you "upright", your thoracic (upper) spine curves back behind you (the opposite of what it's meant to) to keep your center of gravity, thus rounding your shoulders and sticking your head out in front

did you get to that article posted above?

lower back exercises is a start. barbell, bent over rows help, and as many people have mentioned, lots and lots of rowing. a riskier exercise is reverse situp on the 45 degree angle bench hugging weights onto your chest.

also the trapezus (the area below the neck). that is worked on with rowing

if he's in kyphosis (slouched shoulders) then lower back will be strong and tight so working that area even more makes his muscle imbalance even worse and only reinforces his bad posture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back