Prediction Fixing our forward line

Remove this Banner Ad

Groom Phillips as a key forward. Has shown he can mark and kick. Better stop-gap solution until McKay is ready to go. Shame he is injured at the moment. Agree with everyone say Levi is now a liability.

HF: Silvagni -- Weitering -- Wright
FF: Pickett -- CCurnow/Jacksh -- Phillips/Kreuzer

Loving the Labour Day post-slam in here. We haven't had a leading forward since shitforbrains Fev left. Then Eddie became our FF. We will improve.
Jack reminded me of Fev at first, turned out we just haven't had a forward attempt a proper lead for that long. If he could become a leaner Fev without the bullshit we'd be set.

Casboult will kick a bag of 6 goals during a game this season.
AFL or VFL?

Seriously though, he could. If only he could get his confidence up. The pressure has been snowballing a long time now.

Levi will end up at another club for pittance and a "fresh start". Concurrently the AFL introduces Choco's Precision Ball to improve the game for spectators (tv rights). Levi starts bagging em. :rolleyes:

Time to forget about Levi as a forward option.

As long as he's getting a game, Blues will never be a contender.

You can bank on it

AFL or VFL?

Seriously though, he could. If only he could get his confidence up. The pressure has been snowballing a long time now.

Levi will end up at another club for pittance and a "fresh start". Concurrently the AFL introduces Choco's Precision Ball to improve the game for spectators (tv rights). Levi starts bagging em. :rolleyes:

His best ever in 88 games is 4

AFL or VFL?

AFL was my prediction.

If our midfield finally learns to kick to the forwards advantage, Levi will get plenty of it. Now there are a couple of forwards to look after, the days he is one out against multiple opponents at every contest should be over.

Our midfield is holding our forward line back and making it look dysfunctional. Reckon we may have been working on that in the secret sessions.

Time to forget about Levi as a forward option.

As long as he's getting a game, Blues will never be a contender.

You can bank on it
Need someone to go past him as an option first. Been waiting since he started in the seniors and no one has looked likely.

Welcome aboard Jabba. Took you long enough to see the light :p
Not jumping on until the end of the year. Save me a spot ..... just in case.

AFL was my prediction.

If our midfield finally learns to kick to the forwards advantage, Levi will get plenty of it. Now there are a couple of forwards to look after, the days he is one out against multiple opponents at every contest should be over.

Faith: "firm belief in something for which there is no proof"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need someone to go past him as an option first. Been waiting since he started in the seniors and no one has looked likely.

Yep, and that's the problem.

Not sure why we've continued to invest in him when it was obvious a few years ago he wasn't going to cut it.

Put him in the backline where his strong hands will help - his appalling kicking skills do more harm than good up forward

I would really like to see Jaksch get an extended opportunity in the seniors. He's had a couple of games down back and a couple up forward but he's never been given an extended run in the seniors to build his confidence and show what he can do in the one position.

He would be no worse than Casboult or Jones and could put on more defensive pressure when the ball hits the ground. He has all the skills to be a quality forward and all that's lacking in my opinion is confidence (and allegedly a lack of desire). Give him a decent run of games in the seniors and we may just be surprised at the player we have on our hands.

Weitering CHF, Jaksch FF leading out of the goal square. Curnow, Silvagni as third tall types. Pickett, Wright, Sumner, Palmer, Kerridge rotating through. That is a more mobile and less cumbersome forward line than with Casboult.

As we already have issues kicking goals, it makes trapping the ball in the 50 even more critical. A more mobile setup may just help us create more scoring opportunities. At the very least we won't have the opposition rebounding out so easily which drives me crazy.

Did you see him in the backline at the weekend? Cost us more goals than he will ever kick

Nope, but if that's indeed the case, then it's time to cut him loose immediately.

Enough game time has gone into him without the expected return

AFL was my prediction.

Our midfield is holding our forward line back and making it look dysfunctional. Reckon we may have been working on that in the secret sessions.
All correct imho. Easy to shutdown one main target which is a problem that has plagued us for years.

His best ever in 88 games is 4

I was there last year against Collingwood when he kicked 4 and took 10 contested marks. Was outstanding that day. Thought it might be his breakout game. The next week against Port he took a big mark in the opening minutes, landed awkwardly and hurt his knee and has never recaptured that form.

All correct imho. Easy to shutdown one main target which is a problem that has plagued us for years.

Thing is most successful forward lines don't work that way anymore. The bigger forward lines struggle in big games. Most good sides play 3 or 4 players up forward and the other press up the ground as extra midfielders.

I get tired of so called experts on TV saying they haven't got the key forwards etc. Look at the last 4 premiers. Not ONE genuine key forward.

We could easily go with McKay/Jaskch deep with Silvagni Pickett (eventually LeBois) and a mid (Charlie/Murphy/Gibbs/Cripps) all inside forward 50.

The key as always is the midfield. Win clean ball through the midfield and use it properly and we will win more games than we lose. Our defence is potentially great. Fix the midfield and things will change quickly.

Last edited:
I was there last year against Collingwood when he kicked 4 and took 10 contested marks. Was outstanding that day. Thought it might be his breakout game. The next week against Port he took a big mark in the opening minutes, landed awkwardly and hurt his knee and has never recaptured that form.

Never kicked 4 against Collingwood. Best ever is 4 against Lions under 21 side and we lost. Even with that he averaged less than a goal a game last year and over his entire career

Lost count how many times Dustin Fletcher towelled up Betts.
Jesus, alright champion. You clearly understand defensive structures don't you. Lets pick all talls and just put the fourth or fifth best on Betts.... Yep sounds correct. :drunk:.

Oh wait, teams pick a best of bunch of defenders who all play roles. Like one to take on the guerillas, smalls to lock down on the rioli, betts, wingard types... Am I getting too complicated? Here's an example just in case...

Adelaide vs the swans. The swans aren't going to play Grundy on Betts now are they... The swans have Nick smith on him, all australian SMALL defender. No team is going to just roll out some 4th or 5th defender on Betts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back