TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
Okay so, I've been doing a little bit of work and have come up with a rough fixture that I believe can fix all our problems with the current schedule. In this one I've made, we play the same amount of international games as we do this year, the big bash is roughly the same length, and all players are available for all JLT Cup and Sheffield Shield games for their states. Like I said this is only rough and I would expect people to find little problems that Ive missed, but I think the fundamental idea is what can help Australian cricket get back on track. Remember the dates are only rough as well:\

September- JLT Cup
October 1st-4th- Sheffield Shield Round 1
October 8th-11th- Sheffield Shield Round 2
October 15th-18th- Sheffield Shield Round 3
October 22nd-25th- Sheffield Shield Round 4
November 1st-4th- Sheffield Shield Round 5
November 14th-18th- Test Match
November 24th-28th- Test Match
December 4th-8th- Test Match
December 14th-18th- Test Match
December 26th-30th- Test Match
January 3rd-7th- Test Match
January 13th- ODI
January 16th- ODI
January 19th- ODI
January 20th- ODI
January 21st- ODI
January 26th- ODI
February 1st- T20I
February- 4th- T20I
February 7th- T20I
February 10th- T20I
February 18th-21st- Sheffield Shield Round 6
February 25th-28th- Sheffield Shield Round 7
March 5th-8th- Sheffield Shield Round 8
March 13th-16th- Sheffield Shield Round 9
March 20th-23rd- Sheffield Shield Round 10
March 27th-31st- Sheffield Shield Final

April-August- Tours of other countries, players playing county cricket, A tours and obviously international games.

*Big Bash to be played in normal slot of the year over the school holidays, finishing in time for the last half of the shield season. No BBL matches played on international limited overs match days, one game on international Test match days and double headers for all school holiday days where possible.

Basically make the BBL worse and have nobody interested in cricket before November 14th and after February 10th.

If internationals finish on February 10th those players won't be sitting around until the end of March. They'll be in New Zealand or South Africa.

What they should do is play one day domestic matches and Sheffield Shield matches around when the international versions are being played.

For example this year, we could have played 3 matches of shield, then play some one day cricket around this limited overs period with one shield match before the T20’s. Then you could play 2 more shield rounds before the BBL. Whilst doing this you could possibly have some tour matches against some state teams which the others play in the domestic comp.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

What they should do is play one day domestic matches and Sheffield Shield matches around when the international versions are being played.

For example this year, we could have played 3 matches of shield, then play some one day cricket around this limited overs period with one shield match before the T20’s. Then you could play 2 more shield rounds before the BBL. Whilst doing this you could possibly have some tour matches against some state teams which the others play in the domestic comp.

they seem to have given up providing state sides for tour matches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back