Fixture 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like a pretty easy run to be honest.

Hawthorn at Etihad tho, wtf ?
We have played them at Etihad before ,but not since 2013
We have a much better chance of beating them over there than at the MCG...
(Given the Pies/Blues games are at the MCG this year and not Etihad, it's not that surprising)

Overall games at Perth Stadium:
  • 1 x Thurs Night (6:10pm)
  • 0 x Fri Night (6:10pm)
  • 2 x Sat Arvo (2:35pm)
  • 1 x Sat Twilight (4:40pm)
  • 4 x Sat Night (6:10pm)
  • 13 x Sun Arvo (1:20 or 2:40pm)
  • 1 x Sun Twilight (4:20pm)
  • 1 x TBD
Horrible fixturing overall by the AFL.
Should've moved some of the Sun Arvo games to twilight slots to take advantage of the lighting technology.
Then again, the obvious decision is never made.
Put like that in timeslot terms its an absolute steaming pile of s**t, shows how much of a rats arse the afl cares about footy here when they know people will turn up regardless.

Good -2 games in Adelaide. 2 games at the MCG (up from our usual 1). First game at Perth Stadium. Only 5x 6 day breaks (though part of me does wish we had a few more, as we have a good record off short breaks!) . 7 of our first 11 games at Perth Stadium.

Bad - Only 4 games in Melbourne. Trip to Tasmania. Not getting Adelaide twice/not playing them in round 23 (instead, we have Brisbane at the Gabba)

Ugly - The home game timeslots:
-1x Thursday Night (v Essendon R14)
-No Friday Nights :'(
-1x Saturday Afternoon (v Port R7)
-0x Saturday Twilight
-2x Saturday Night (v GC R4 and St. K R11)
-6x Sunday Afternoon (v Geelong R3, Richmond R9, GWS R16, WB R18, Fremantle R20 and Melbourne R22) . And surprise surprise, the away derby is on a Sunday afternoon too.
-1x Sunday Twilight (v Sydney R1)

Pity about the footbridge :(
But that's not the only factor (since most of our Sunday games are later in the season anyway)

Last edited:

Correct me if i am wrong, but the new perth stadium has almost identical ground dimensions to the MCG yeah?

Correct me if i am wrong, but the new perth stadium has almost identical ground dimensions to the MCG yeah?
Perth Stadium will be 165m x 130m (compared to the MCG's 160m x 141m and Subi's 175m x 122m)
Adelaide oval aka our home away from home is 167m x 123m

How the * do richmond get an easier draw than us !
I thought the top 6 bracket get double ups against other top 6 sides esoecially the premiers . But richmond get doubles against geelong ( both at mcg ) and Adelaide in the top 6 , collingwood ( bottom 6 ) saints , essendon ( middle 6 ) .
14 mcg games and only travel 5 times

that's a rigged draw to maximize attendance and $ not equality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahh we have a horrible fixture. And I knew we will. So lets go back and as why the F our recruiters decided to give up next years first round pick. We need it and its so stupid to give that away. Looming at thr fixture that will probally be a top 5 pick now. Just dumb from us. The AFL was always going to screw us jn 2018. We should of used it to drop down get a superstar pick and bounce back with an easier draw the year after. Thats the way its always worked for us Eagles.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ahh we have a horrible fixture. And I knew we will. So lets go back and as why the F our recruiters decided to give up next years first round pick. We need it and its so stupid to give that away. Looming at thr fixture that will probally be a top 5 pick now. Just dumb from us. The AFL was always going to screw us jn 2018. We should of used it to drop down get a superstar pick and bounce back with an easier draw the year after. Thats the way its always worked for us Eagles.

Aside from maybe 1 more double up against a lesser team, I would've thought our fixture was quite good in terms of difficulty, more the timeslots that was disappointing. We get to play Richmond, Geelong, Gws, Sydney,Port, Essendon, Melb, Stk, Wb at home, Adelaide, Sydney, Gws, Port, Wb away. Of the top 11 sides, that's 9 of them at home and only 5 away. Hawthorn at the G or in tas is a guaranteed loss and for whatever reason we're playing them at etihad, and north in tasmania, so a good chance to win both of those. Not sure what else you could've expected?

How the **** do richmond get an easier draw than us !
I thought the top 6 bracket get double ups against other top 6 sides esoecially the premiers . But richmond get doubles against geelong ( both at mcg ) and Adelaide in the top 6 , collingwood ( bottom 6 ) saints , essendon ( middle 6 ) .
14 mcg games and only travel 5 times

that's a rigged draw to maximize attendance and $ not equality
Double ups are similar to us
2 teams in top 6, 2 teams in middle 6 and 1 team in bottom 6.

You're picking us to finish 14th or lower? Really?

I mean, tempering your expectations is generally a good idea, but geez...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back