Fixture Fixture 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Horrible start. We play 3 of last years top 4 in the first 4 rounds.

Best time to play them is very early if you are a hope for an upset. Especially old teams where the geriatrics don't really start training until much later on in the pre-season.

It is one of the easiest draws we have ever had.

Best time to play them is very early if you are a hope for an upset. Especially old teams where the geriatrics don't really start training until much later on in the pre-season.

It is one of the easiest draws we have ever had.
That's one way to look at it. Although I don't see us beating GWS up there or Brisbane in Adelaide.

Horrible start. We play 3 of last years top 4 in the first 4 rounds.
As a bad side, I kind of like that. Weird s**t happens in the early rounds. I'd hate to play our winnable games then where we will be more inconsistent.

As long as we sprinkle some wins in there before the bye so that a streak doesn't build up.

It's always interesting to see the anomalies in fixtures, such as:

Our last three home games vs Collingwood were in 2021, 2017 and 2013.

Our last three home games vs Fremantle were in 2020 (at Carrara), 2017 and 2016. We've never played them in Tassie, despite hosting home games vs Carlton, Richmond, Melbourne, Hawthorn, St Kilda and Geelong.

OUr last game at Docklands vs Geelong was in 2019.

We've only had four away games vs GWS, compared to nine home games. Three of those away games were in GWS's first three years.

Our last five games vs Port Adelaide have been home games.

The last time we played Richmond twice in a season was in 2015.

Last three away games vs Sydney were in 2022, 2018 and 2016.

And I was surprised to find out that we have had round 1 in Melbourne for the last four years.

But seven of our last nine round 1 games have been against interstate teams.

Anyway, back to work...
Follow up on this post:

Our last three home games vs Collingwood were in 2021, 2017 and 2013. - Home game in 2024.

Our last three home games vs Fremantle were in 2020 (at Carrara), 2017 and 2016. We've never played them in Tassie, despite hosting home games vs Carlton, Richmond, Melbourne, Hawthorn, St Kilda and Geelong. - Home game in 2024, not in Tasmania.

Our last game at Docklands vs Geelong was in 2019. - No Docklands game again.

We've only had four away games vs GWS, compared to nine home games. Three of those away games were in GWS's first three years. Away game in 2024.

Our last five games vs Port Adelaide have been home games. Home game in 2024.

The last time we played Richmond twice in a season was in 2015. One game in 2024.

Last three away games vs Sydney were in 2022, 2018 and 2016. Away game in 2024.

And I was surprised to find out that we have had round 1 in Melbourne for the last four years. Interstate in 2024.

But seven of our last nine round 1 games have been against interstate teams. Interstate team in 2024.

That's one way to look at it. Although I don't see us beating GWS up there or Brisbane in Adelaide.

My point is it is more likely early in the season rather than it will be later in the season. I don't have the expectation to win, but if enough extract the digit then it has a higher probability when older players are a bit underdone through shortened pre-seasons.

They will be a staple down there against us for the next two seasons. By the time the contract is up we will play them at AO and then everyone would have forgotten the coward ever wore our jumper.

got-the-north-remembers.gif

85f906b3-1f8a-4367-a07c-f280f14bf724_text.gif

maisie-williams-arya-stark.gif

They will be a staple down there against us for the next two seasons. By the time the contract is up we will play them at AO and then everyone would have forgotten the coward ever wore our jumper.

No I won't. I'll abuse the b****** in person someday one day, whatever it takes.

My point is it is more likely early in the season rather than it will be later in the season. I don't have the expectation to win, but if enough extract the digit then it has a higher probability when older players are a bit underdone through shortened pre-seasons.
Yeah I get the logic. But I think those other clubs are so far ahead of us in their development and list build, that they'll still win even with a shorter pre-season.

Normally i'd be pretty happy with playing GWS in round 1 as they are usually slow starters but this year, they will have already played 1 game before we play them and I think that additional match fitness will be a massive advantage on top of the fact they will be playing us at home.

Carlton and Brisbane early is not great. Freo at home is our only chance but from memory, Freo aren't hopeless at Marvel.

Very tough start for a bottom team.

Imagine this start to the season with the 21 losses in a row record on our backs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon they will. They overachieved in 2023 with the list they have.
You don't need an awesome list if your gameplan and fitness are up to scratch. They ran absolute rings around us with their gameplan twice, and some other very highly rated teams too. Smitchell is a gun coach

You don't need an awesome list if your gameplan and fitness are up to scratch. They ran absolute rings around us with their gameplan twice, and some other very highly rated teams too. Smitchell is a gun coach

If you rate them that highly, then there's money to be made at the bookies because they are a firm bottom 4 favourite.

AFL is corrupt.

This year we had the hardest draw as we played every team that finished above us in 23. We had no respite week after week.

Next year, although slightly easier draw as we only play 16 teams that finished above us, and we get to play one team that finished below us.

So we still have the second hardest draw of any team in 24 as opposed to having the hardest is 23.

Thanks for nothing AFL.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

And yet they had just about their worst season in almost 20 years this year. Lotta hype for a team that finished 16th.

1. An incredible insult to Ron Barassi's legacy at our club to not have drawn us against Melbourne or Carlton or even Sydney in Round 1 celebrate him, and not even letting us do it at home in Round 1.
2. Can you believe they sent us to Geelong AGAIN? lol of course you can
3. lmao the cowards at Port must have requested to play us in Tassie again to protect JHF from the mean home crowd

And yet they had just about their worst season in almost 20 years this year. Lotta hype for a team that finished 16th.
Their worst was on par with ours. But that handball chain gameplan that draws the defender and creates the overlap is ******* hard to stop. It's not a gameplan that gets less effective as your team matures. Might take Chadwiko's advice and get on them on sportsbet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back