Fixture Fixture 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s unfathomable that while the likes of Collingwood and Richmond hardly leave the MCG, we are given the 5th Tassie game in Launceston every bloody season. That on top of the regular Kardinia Park game leaves us with just 12 games in Melbourne (11 + 1 at the G).

This is in fact almost the co-location model JB apparently nearly accepted once.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Odds on for a fixture against GWS at Mawson Station by the looks of things
Fun fact. Played there three times.
Never lost.

Getting on us for an upset round 1

I see up to Round 16 we yet again getting screwed by channel 7 with 1 FTA game but our club seems to take it and quite frankly like getting bent over like a cheap Ho.

Great opportunity to fast track our competitiveness, commercially ok but **** me... I can't express how completely and utterly done I am with Tassie.

When are we planning to return all home games to Melbourne?

Enough is enough.
We are signed with Tasmania until 2025.

Be great if a Replacement Game was the * Away so I can get my fix of lols for the week watching Magoo

Movie Scene Dance GIF by Fandor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you can see him from the Docklands nosebleeds.

Our replacement games should be

* - MCG
Melbourne - MCG
St Kilda - Docklands
Western - Docklands

alternatively they could give us Carlton at the G also.

Scheduling replacement games at the MCG against sides they want to playing finals is a two birds one stone idea. If we played * or Carlton there as replacement games, more North fans can fit in and it is easier, which means there would be a bigger crowd, and those two sides get more of a leg up ala Richmond or Collingwood. Which is in the AFLs interest.

as it stand I reckon the above is right just we play * at Docklands. Think they'll be the replacement games.

Okay fixture leaving aside the commercial rogering that the AFL will always give us and the self inflicted one of the Tasmanian games.

Tasmanian team can’t come soon enough, if it got them in any quicker I’d buy a membership myself. When I started going to games weekly 2 decades ago I used to get 17+ games to watch live.

Conservative view of the fixture from a performance point of view.

I genuinely think 7 wins is realistic.

Split the games we have against West Coast, GCS and Hawthorn = 3 wins
Beat Fremantle at home = 1 win
Win three of our five games at Marvel against mid tier opposition being Dogs x 2, Richmond, Essendon, St.Kilda = 3 wins

Total 7 wins

Anything on top of that is gravy.

They just need to provide decent availability for replacement games. There is a huge gap in Melbourne home games which is again an issue for members.

Club needs to be on point. Oh who am I kidding, it'll be the same s**t every year. Half the members get an email, half don't and rely on a previous replacement game email to use for the next one (assuming they get anything) whilst the ticketing system refuses some people but works for others.
They're drafting the shut up and buy a membership email right now.

Conservative view of the fixture from a performance point of view.

I genuinely think 7 wins is realistic.

Split the games we have against West Coast, GCS and Hawthorn = 3 wins
Beat Fremantle at home = 1 win
Win three of our five games at Marvel against mid tier opposition being Dogs x 2, Richmond, Essendon, St.Kilda = 3 wins

Total 7 wins

Anything on top of that is gravy.

Agree. Performance wise (IMO) the AFL have mostly gone out of their way to give us a fixture that gives us every chance to win games (and avoid having to argue about more picks) and if we can get through that first month or so pinching 1-2 wins we could have a fun ride over the year.

Commercially it is just ok, solid enough from an opponent POV but the scheduling will as always be an issue. Saturday nights are the best for a small club like ours IMO – good availability for regional supporters (gives us better membership turnout), good for attendances.

Okay fixture leaving aside the commercial rogering that the AFL will always give us and the self inflicted one of the Tasmanian games.

Tasmanian team can’t come soon enough, if it got them in any quicker I’d buy a membership myself. When I started going to games weekly 2 decades ago I used to get 17+ games to watch live.

If the Tassie team is under 5 years away we probably shouldn’t be drafting McKercher

If the Tassie team is under 5 years away we probably shouldn’t be drafting McKercher

Same as drafting any player from outside Victoria.

Draft who you rate and who you think will improve the team most with an eye towards their maturity and loyalty. Can't not recruit because a player wasn't born in Vic.

When are we planning to return all home games to Melbourne?

Enough is enough.

Bluntly, when we start reliably getting 30,000~ minimum to each of our home games.

These crowds of 20,000 - 22,000~ hurt us.

Ehhh I understand this thinking to an extent, but if we draft McKercher, and if he's awesome, then we'll get a kings ransom in return for him IF he wants to go back to Tasmania in 5 years time.

Ala Judd to Carlton.

I see up to Round 16 we yet again getting screwed by channel 7 with 1 FTA game but our club seems to take it and quite frankly like getting bent over like a cheap Ho.
This doesn't get spoken about enough.

Everyone has their bugbear and mine is the broadcasting as well. Lack of FTA games is like a hidden cancer killing the club.

Ehhh I understand this thinking to an extent, but if we draft McKercher, and if he's awesome, then we'll get a kings ransom in return for him IF he wants to go back to Tasmania in 5 years time.

Ala Judd to Carlton.

Not sure about that. New teams always get generous concessions with regards to access to uncontracted players and his manager will work towards his contract aligning with their entry into the competition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back