Discussion 2021 Fixture Changes , including Byes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have 12 playing in R14.

This is why I might not take CCJ, despite his BE being -100 or something. Even with heaps of trades, a lot won't have 18 scores in round 14. If I can get 18 or more playing, I could jump up the rankings big time

Yes CCJ looks like a great scorer, but as a F7, I don't think I need him

hmm

This is why I might not take CCJ, despite his BE being -100 or something. Even with heaps of trades, a lot won't have 18 scores in round 14. If I can get 18 or more playing, I could jump up the rankings big time

Yes CCJ looks like a great scorer, but as a F7, I don't think I need him

hmm

I jumped on him today. Think you have to take good downgrade options as they come, not sure there are too many on the horizon? Think he's shown more than enough to play for the rest of the year, think they've said they like the 3 tall approach. When injuries start rolling in having that cover rather than a speculative 'I just need to free up cash' rookie could easily make up the 60-70 points you'd lose from a rookie shaped hole in R14.

I still reckon it's dumb that they gave us extra trades instead of just lowering the counted scores for round 14. Most have kept an eye on the byes with their recent upgrades to try get a balanced number, now it's cooked. What exactly does extra trades fix? Isn't everybody very close to completing their sides? So do we just sideways trade our round 14 bye premos now?

How are people thinking of using the 2 extra trades? Just use them to improve your round 14 bye? Cop a bad score in round 14 on the chin and hold the trades for late season carnage?

I'm thinking about just fixing my round 14 bye:
-rookie sideways FMacrae to a playing rookie
-premo sideways Short/Maynard/Brayshaw/Heeney to a playing premo

I still reckon it's dumb that they gave us extra trades instead of just lowering the counted scores for round 14. Most have kept an eye on the byes with their recent upgrades to try get a balanced number, now it's cooked. What exactly does extra trades fix? Isn't everybody very close to completing their sides? So do we just sideways trade our round 14 bye premos now?

How are people thinking of using the 2 extra trades? Just use them to improve your round 14 bye? Cop a bad score in round 14 on the chin and hold the trades for late season carnage?

I'm just banking the extra trades and continuing with my trade plans. Honestly the only thing the game swap over has changed for me is that I'll be able to dump RCD in Round 14 without guilt.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I had "budgeted", for lack of a better term, one "premo" sideways/upgrade in Round 14. Either a Cerra, Doedee (or as it turns out now, Heeney or maybe even Ridley) upgrade to a hopefully stronger, playing player. The two extra trades should let me do another, though if I can manage to get through R14 alright I might hold that one until after the byes.

I would've just preferred the set up there was supposed to be because I think I had a pretty good plan to get through the 3 bye rounds, instead now everyone will make it through next week fine and trade their way into a good team for R14. But whatever.

I had "budgeted", for lack of a better term, one "premo" sideways/upgrade in Round 14. Either a Cerra, Doedee (or as it turns out now, Heeney or maybe even Ridley) upgrade to a hopefully stronger, playing player. The two extra trades should let me do another, though if I can manage to get through R14 alright I might hold that one until after the byes.

I would've just preferred the set up there was supposed to be because I think I had a pretty good plan to get through the 3 bye rounds, instead now everyone will make it through next week fine and trade their way into a good team for R14. But whatever.
Yep wait and see for me. Will depend on my H2H match ups in round 14 as to whether I use the extra trades or not. But yeah it could be a useful means to upgrade a D6 or M8 or F6

So just checked my team and I currently have 9 playing round 14 (assuming Madden comes back in)

In theory I can trade in 8 players to get me to 17 which isn't too bad I guess. 4 Richmond players (plus RCD who would have been traded anyway) is the problem, if those guys played round 14 I'm fine with trades.

Not sure if I'll use the extra trades to "save" round 14 or not, maybe 1 sideways trade if the money allows to strength the side and just hope to not lose too much ground.

The upside I guess is I should have 23-24 playing round 13, can we make that best 22 please?

So just checked my team and I currently have 9 playing round 14 (assuming Madden comes back in)

In theory I can trade in 8 players to get me to 17 which isn't too bad I guess. 4 Richmond players (plus RCD who would have been traded anyway) is the problem, if those guys played round 14 I'm fine with trades.

Not sure if I'll use the extra trades to "save" round 14 or not, maybe 1 sideways trade if the money allows to strength the side and just hope to not lose too much ground.

The upside I guess is I should have 23-24 playing round 13, can we make that best 22 please?
Not worth turning your team upside down for the sake of one round IMHO. Tweak your planned trades a bit sure but it's a marathon not a sprint

I currently have 12 playing round 14. Hopefully can get it to 14/15 after round 13 then I can sideways Cerra and May to proper premos, I just need rookies to present.

Not worth turning your team upside down for the sake of one round IMHO. Tweak your planned trades a bit sure but it's a marathon not a sprint
I tend to agree. If you’re looking reasonable for round 14 it would be tempting to push as could make up huge ground. But if your so fecked anyway it’s not worth blowing 8 trades on premos you don’t really want and rookies with poor scoring and JS.

Yeah I agree. Probably one extra sideways trade will be the result. Either Cerra or Short probably depending on funds. Watch both go huge next week to make me think twice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I currently have 15 playing in R14 with 14 premo's.
This week I will use all 4 trades:

Flynn>Reeves
RCD>Whitfield
Warner>Hall
Fin Macrae>CCJ (I want that cash$$$)

That will give me 18 playing R14 with 16 premo's and not including Madden who hopefully comes back in for Lester.

I've just traded Flynn - Reeves. Was planning on doing that trade next week. I need to trade out as many round 14 bye players as possible next week and the week after.

I was set up pretty nicely for rd14 with 20 starters before the fixture change, currently down to 16. Theoretically I could be mad about the lifeline CD have thrown out but not gonna lie those extra couple of trades will be handy for strengthening one or two of my lines. I was ready to sail into the sunset with guys like CJ and Daniher but may now be able to upgrade at least one of those. Or Brayshaw. Or Aliir. Or Impey. Or... s**t can we just have 10 more trades please?

Highmore - Whitfield
Berry - Jelly
Rowe - CCJ
I wanna do another downgrade but fook all rooks.
Yeah I'm getting Whitfield also. Puts Laird into the mid's so plan on going either Short or May to a SP mid round 14.

Looking at 2 of Miller/Merrett/Walsh/Lyons depending on money over the next two rounds.

Newcombe From Hawthorn might be a chance, but that could be more wishful thinking on this board. I may take him anyway as he'll probably get games at some stage. Ford from North could be close too, but I'm running out of rookies that are ready to downgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back