Discussion 2021 Fixture Changes , including Byes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Rd14 Bye Def out of May & Short would you sideways-upgrade to Whitfield? :think:

May by a distance for me. Would have averaged what, 85ish since everyone brought him in at 400k? The Tomlinson injury has definitely had an affect on him, thought he could have been a 95-100 guy but i'm not so sure. Think Short is comfortably a 95-100 guy, and has the ceiling and potential to go on a run where he bumps that avg up significantly over the course of 2-3 games.

I currently have 15 playing in R14 with 14 premo's.
This week I will use all 4 trades:

Flynn>Reeves
RCD>Whitfield
Warner>Hall
Fin Macrae>CCJ (I want that cash$$$)

That will give me 18 playing R14 with 16 premo's and not including Madden who hopefully comes back in for Lester.
Are we getting 4 this week, for sure?

1.gif

I'm just going to cop round 14 sweet. i have 15 players from the 8 teams with the bye and most are keepers. Where i am sitting overall, i am too far back to try and trade my way out of the 0s. I'll bank the 2 extra trades that we are apparantly getting and try to finish the season with a bit of a run

Trading Short never entered my mind before. Thinking about it though, I do have Laird in my midfield. And I'll have a full premo backline once I do Jiath > Houston. And I do want Parish in R14, and it would take less cash getting Short up to him than it would upgrading Jordon to Parish.

Hmmmm...

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

So you reckon Whitfield is not a must have Def from here on, even with a game in hand?

He quite possibly might not be a must have for some teams. If they have Lloyd,Mills,Stewart,Docherty,Rich,Laird then he probaly isn't.

So you reckon Whitfield is not a must have Def from here on, even with a game in hand?
Definitely not a must have unless you already have a completed team. I have Whitfield however I also have Jones at D6. To be fair I rage traded Hunter Clark to Whitfield which kinda goes against my commentary around completing ones team first!! He's a much, much bigger spud than May or Shorty though ;)

Cant believe I am saying this after bagging Cripps all year but if he plays well today I will consider bringing him in for round 14 as it will allow me to sideways trade one of May or Short by moving Laird back to defence.

Will pick up Whitfield this week plus one of Jelly or Hall.

I'm just going to cop round 14 sweet. i have 15 players from the 8 teams with the bye and most are keepers. Where i am sitting overall, i am too far back to try and trade my way out of the 0s. I'll bank the 2 extra trades that we are apparantly getting and try to finish the season with a bit of a run
Same. Will have 14 playing at this stage, hopefully my H2H opponents have less!

Definitely not a must have unless you already have a completed team. I have Whitfield however I also have Jones at D6. To be fair I rage traded Hunter Clark to Whitfield which kinda goes against my commentary around completing ones team first!! He's a much, much bigger spud than May or Shorty though ;)

Ah right. I have 12 trades in-hand and only one rookie left on-field in Poulter at F6 and will have CCJ at F7 who I plan to wax for that F6 spot with Poulter until one of Danger/Marshall drops in price and both those 2 rookies (or Reeves) are 320k+ which will probably be Rd15-16 so in the meantime I plan on doing other on-field improvements (aka sideways upgrades) Players like Short, May, Impey, Heppell...whoever is out of form > in-form premo's.

Last edited:
two extra trades have thrown a big spanner in the works

Is it worth sideways trading short in round 14 now?

he’ll be my d6
My team after trades this week will be

Laird Lloyd Stewart Docherty Whitfield short

Jones Murphy

complete mids will be

Oliver Macrae Bont Steele Miller Merrett titch Neale

bianco Newcombe Fyfe

rucks
Grundy Gawn
Reeves

forwards
Dusty ziebell impey heeney poulter ccj
Waterman mcreery

forwards are an absolute disaster and obviously focusing on upgrading poulter in round 14 to a premo. Is it worth also trading shorty to a forward premo and playing Jones at d6 for a few weeks? Or just play ccj at f6 keep my plan to get danger at f6 round 15 and role with an inevitable donut in my now nuked round 14 bye round?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he’ll be my d6

Jones Murphy

complete mids will be

bianco Newcombe Fyfe

rucks
Grundy Gawn
Reeves

forwards
Waterman mcreery

forwards are an absolute disaster and obviously focusing on upgrading poulter in round 14 to a premo. Is it worth also trading shorty to a forward premo and playing Jones at d6 for a few weeks? Or just play ccj at f6 keep my plan to get danger at f6 round 15 and role with an inevitable donut in my now nuked round 14 bye round?

I would play Poulter & CCJ on-field over LJ. Your team is really strong, you could probably get away with CCJ at F6 until Rd16-17

he’ll be my d6

Jones Murphy

complete mids will be

bianco Newcombe Fyfe

rucks
Grundy Gawn
Reeves

forwards
Waterman mcreery

Short has had 6 tons this year and an average of 96 not the worst D6 ever. With Lynch's injury CCJ has good JS and will make a ton of cash hold him until R15 or 16. at F6

I would play Poulter & CCJ on-field over LJ. Your team is really strong, you could probably get away with CCJ at F6 until Rd16-17
Thanks for the reply Birch

Yeah playing ccj on field for as long as possible is the play. Looks fantastic and scores in lots of different ways

Do you think it’s worth off loading shorty to a different premo defender in round 14? I reckon I’m cooked

Here’s who I’ll have playing from my current team in round 14

Docherty Stewart Jones
Bont Macrae Neale Merrett Miller titch
Ziebell impey Robertson waterman

that’s before trades and looks horrible
Will be getting Whitfield and reeves this week which boosts it up to 15 playing but still gonna flop in rank

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Birch

Yeah playing ccj on field for as long as possible is the play. Looks fantastic and scores in lots of different ways

Do you think it’s worth off loading shorty to a different premo defender in round 14? I reckon I’m cooked

Here’s who I’ll have playing from my current team in round 14

Docherty Stewart Jones
Bont Macrae Neale Merrett Miller titch
Ziebell impey Robertson waterman

that’s before trades and looks horrible
Will be getting there Whitfield and reeves this week which boosts it up to 15 playing but still gonna flop in rank

As much as I don't think Rd14 is going to be a high scoring round, especially within the Top1k or so, 11 premos + rookies is not going to get the job done imo. Here's an out there suggestion, sideways Short for a profit to SP Hurn in Rd14. The 50k change could help towards upgrading Poulter.

As much as I don't think Rd14 is going to be a high scoring round, especially within the Top1k or so, 11 premos + rookies is not going to get the job done imo. Here's an out there suggestion, sideways Short for a profit to SP Hurn in Rd14. The 50k change could help towards upgrading Poulter.

Hurn has the R14 bye

Yeah going to be an interesting strategic play the next few rounds

Hopefully Newcombe gets an early debut will boost it up to 16 with a premo coming in for poulter/mcreery/Murphy to get to 17
Like you say

round 14
short to hurn
Poulter to hall/Hawkins
Mcreery to 102k rookie callow/johnson pies
Murphy to rookie western your man (sub Fyfe to d8 like planned)
Gets me to

Stewart whitfield Docherty hurn Jones
Bont Macrae Miller Neale titch Merrett Newcombe?
Reeves
Ziebell impey Hawkins/hall Robertson waterman

Had it all planned nicely until the fixture change
Will see how it all pans out

With the extra trades you could do both?

It's really a 50/50 that one. I'm leaning Short, but only just. May taking all the kick ins at present is helping.

I'm actually considering this. Short in Rd13 for Whitfield and May for a SP mid (via Laird back to Def) in Rd14

Another player you could look at is Houston similar price to Hurn and has the R12 bye this week.
I.Cumming also, scoring pretty well, taking lots of kick in's. Not a SP but the extra game might make the trade worth while.

I haven't seen a lot of the Giants games though, are his scores mainly based on kick in's? Whitfield might steal some of those chips I guess.

I'm actually considering this. Short in Rd13 for Whitfield and May for a SP mid (via Laird back to Def) in Rd14
Yeah I have a lot playing R13 now, so could go early on May or Short.

For what it's worth I've already changed my mind and will probably trade May over Short now haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back