News Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m optimistic about the guns playing every game over the byes. The whole short quarters were brought in for a reason. Bar Grundy who always looks like a cripple at the end of games most players look like they could play again and have stated how quickly they feel the games finish.

I’m rooted for round 10 with no
Yeo docherty Sicily Wingard ceglar Cripps brander but should get 3 trades ala byes of past years! Chad is now in the gun and keen to see how we all go

There are 18 rounds of AFL now (to accommodate the bye) so finals should be 15, 16, 17, 18.

The AFL also already talked about how rounds 17 and 18 are going to be scheduled "traditionally" (ie. Thursday through to Sunday/Monday), so you would assume all 18 teams play both of those rounds.

So I would assume you're looking at byes for Port, Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Collingwood, Richmond, North, Bulldogs, Saints, Geelong in the last 3 regular SC rounds and/or the first 2 rounds of finals.

Will be interesting.

Replying to myself here (hey good lookin' 😎) but here's the maths I've done:

AFL scheduling:

Grand Final - October 17
Prelims - Weekend of October 10
Semis - Weekend of October 3
First Week of Finals - Weekend of September 26
Round 18 - Weekend of September 19
Round 17 - Weekend of September 12

Which leaves:
Round 13-16 - Tuesday August 18 through to Monday September 7 (21 days).
Port, Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Collingwood, Richmond, North, Bulldogs, Saints, Geelong to have a bye in that time.

With the unknowns of how they distribute those byes out, I reckon GWS and Sydney players look juicy prospects.

Replying to myself here (hey good lookin' 😎) but here's the maths I've done:

AFL scheduling:

Grand Final - October 17
Prelims - Weekend of October 10
Semis - Weekend of October 3
First Week of Finals - Weekend of September 26
Round 18 - Weekend of September 19
Round 17 - Weekend of September 12

Which leaves:
Round 13-16 - Tuesday August 18 through to Monday September 7 (21 days).
Port, Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Collingwood, Richmond, North, Bulldogs, Saints, Geelong to have a bye in that time.

With the unknowns of how they distribute those byes out, I reckon GWS and Sydney players look juicy prospects.

Not many guns at the swans.
But ok for their rookies.
Esp if Gould is picked his week.

Not many guns at the swans.
But ok for their rookies.
Esp if Gould is picked his week.

Seagull, Parker, Mills
Whitfield, Haynes, maybe Conigs, Greene, Kelly? I'm also eyeing off Taranto as a potential POD.

Maybe no groundbreaking players but not a terrible bunch. And it avoids the chances of having Bulldogs, Collingwood, Brisbane, etc all having byes falling in the same round.

DJe.gif

Nah keep the 30 trades cap, gotta keep some planning/strategy in the game
There's no planning or strategy now. You can't rejig your entire team in one week. Especially when most have benches filled with non-playing players.

There are 18 rounds of AFL now (to accommodate the bye) so finals should be 15, 16, 17, 18.
SC haven't announced this, and the league draws are already done.

Sure, it might change though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's very interesting the most compact fixtures encompass Collingwood Geelong Port and Brisbane, as well as North.

I imagine all 4 of those clubs would rather take the hit now and prepare traditionally for finals.
I would rather Port have a bye later in the season in the lead up to finals.

My takeouts on this:

- hold off on bringing in players from Carlton, hawthorn, west coast and freo until after their bye
- don’t get too many players from one team
- maybe consider trading out dead rookies, no real rush on this this week though.

Any contrary views on this?

Yes. * the byes.

My takeouts on this:

- hold off on bringing in players from Carlton, hawthorn, west coast and freo until after their bye
- don’t get too many players from one team
- maybe consider trading out dead rookies, no real rush on this this week though.

Any contrary views on this?
I agree with this ....live bench's as important as high scoring on-field players

DPP's now important

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back