News Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to call it off now. The SC season is unfair now. Don't see a way they could make it fair when some were shafted more than others from the canned Ess v Melb game mid round. Im starting to lose interest now..............
Everyone will play the same amount of scoring rounds now.
Bombers v melb will be there only game in whichever round it is played.
It will be scored normally.
It has to be.
Massive advantage now having those players.
Effectively the afl has given us both games scores.

It has to be.

So next week I wanna get Ridley and Petracca instead of the gull and smith? I dont think be able to afford the first two anyway. Plus I would feel like a chump paying over $500k for Ridley now when I could have got him $400k but opted for the safer bet in Bont d'oh. Not to mention at the reset I considered him over Howe briefly but he was too hard to pass up which would have been the best move in hindsight and I was about 20k short of grabbing in him instead of Doodie. Ill just have to spend the rest of the season cursing that campaigner like I did Marshall last year lol.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about it, and I reckon the teams having byes will be linked to them heading over to WA. The WA government rules were that 2 teams could go to WA, but they had to "quarantine" for 14 days, though in that 14 days they could play each other and still count as quarantining.

So, Geelong and Collingwood played seperate games in Round 6, flew over to WA together on the Saturday, are playing a "quarantined" game against each other in round 7, come out of their quarantine on Saturday of Round 8 (14 days after arriving), and play Sunday and Monday games in Round 8. Reasonably straight forward all things considered.

But with the fixture cram, it gets a lot less simple.

They are saying Hawthorn and Carlton are next. They both play Saturday games in Round 8 (25/7), so I'm assuming they fly out together Saturday night. They will need to quarantine until Sunday 9/8, at best they can get one game in that time against each other. But with the fixture cramming, there might be 2 rounds played in those 14 days - so they'll both need a bye one of those rounds.

So I'd be thinking you'd want to avoid players from either of those teams if possible as they likely have a bye coming up pretty soon.

The other trick would be working out which other teams are likely heading over to hub in Perth, because the same thing would likely occur to them. Richmond, Bulldogs, Saints and North would be the other teams left who haven't played any WA teams so I assume they'll get sent over.

All this being said, I'm probably just going to throw my trades at the wall and pick whoever, because * it, whatever.

It has to be.
I know this, but they canceled mid round. People already used their emergencies or were relying on Gawn c. I personally missed out on a few scores that would've boosted my score a bit. Now the rest can plan around the byes as they see fit.

I know this, but they canceled mid round. People already used their emergencies or were relying on Gawn c. I personally missed out on a few scores that would've boosted my score a bit. Now the rest can plan around the byes as they see fit.
It sucked I totally agree.
They should have gone with averages. And announced it as early as possible. Like fantasy did.
I had gawn Oliver dev and rivers.
But now these guys play every round.
I can live with that it's an improvement.

It sucked I totally agree.
They should have gone with averages. And announced it as early as possible. Like fantasy did.
I had gawn Oliver dev and rivers.
But now these guys play every round.
I can live with that it's an improvement.
It's a downgrade on the original best score of there catch-up game and whatever round they play it in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then....
images

What concerns men most is the teams that don’t have a bye in there. Gonna make planning ‘fun’
What concerns me most is how the hell I'm gonna get sober enough to drive to the bottleo for more beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back