News Fixture Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
1598314728771.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The rounds 14 to 17 fixture is likely to be the same as rounds 9-12, with four rounds of football expected to be compressed into three weeks. Ten teams will be given byes in that period, by which time all 18 clubs will have received a bye.

RIP SC
There's talk of all 10 teams having the Bye in the same round - round 15 which is in the middle of the proposed compressed format. Other fantasty games are talking about that round being an entire week off for fantasy which makes sense.

DT_35

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Denver, Liverpool
There's talk of all 10 teams having the Bye in the same round - round 15 which is in the middle of the proposed compressed format. Other fantasty games are talking about that round being an entire week off for fantasy which makes sense.

where did you hear that?

they said 14-17 would be this week. So I’m assuming either today or tomorrow (probably the latter)
Also, announced at 6:20pm. Channel 7 breaking the story in their news bulletin trumps the game, clubs and their supporters.

where did you hear that?
GF in draft (Ultimate Footy) has been moved from Round 17 to round 18 as they expect the 10 teams with byes left will all be played in one round (round 15 at this stage). They have changed round 15 to a Bye in Draft format.

Feb 2, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings, Miami Heat

Actually the biggest joke if they do that. I can still field 18 if all other teams go on bye. Completely unfair that everyone gets a free ride while their premos are on bye while I copped rookie scores for mine.

Wish these *ers would tell us ASAP. If upcoming byes don't matter, then my trades plans completely change.

Think it's stupid though. Surely just do a best 10-14 instead if 18 is unrealistic?

Feb 2, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Wish these f***ers would tell us ASAP. If upcoming byes don't matter, then my trades plans completely change.

Think it's stupid though. Surely just do a best 10-14 instead if 18 is unrealistic?

18 isn't unrealistic - by moving it down it punishes all the teams that have had bye pain already. I'll field a full team with at least 15 premos if it's best 18.

18 isn't unrealistic - by moving it down it punishes all the teams that have had bye pain already. I'll field a full team with at least 15 premos if it's best 18.
I can field 11 premos right now, so I'd easily get 13-15 with smart trades. I agree with you, but it's what I can see happening.

Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves
I can field 11 premos right now, so I'd easily get 13-15 with smart trades. I agree with you, but it's what I can see happening.

It is going to be a such lottery with these byes, this can make or break teams.... I will be screwed if Geelong/Bullodgs/Brisbane have the bye in the same round.

Only way I can see this working somewhat fairly is.

1. Rounds will score as best 18.
2. Players who have byes are part of the best 18 scoring in which their season average is adopted along players who are playing.

To accomdate this type of scoring, the players that can be part of the best 18 scoring is they meet the following criteria.
- To have played more than 10 (whatever arbitary number) in the season so far.
- The player must have played last round.
- No addtional trades added, let the coaches uses the rest of the trades with no limits.

Feb 2, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
It is going to be a such lottery with these byes, this can make or break teams.... I will be screwed if Geelong/Bullodgs/Brisbane have the bye in the same round.

Only way I can see this working somewhat fairly is.

1. Rounds will score as best 18.
2. Players who have byes are part of the best 18 scoring in which their season average is adopted along players who are playing.

To accomdate this type of scoring, the players that can be part of the best 18 scoring is they meet the following criteria.
- To have played more than 10 (whatever arbitary number) in the season so far.
- The player must have played last round.
- No addtional trades added, let the coaches uses the rest of the trades with no limits.

Your version of fair is that Macrae and Neale don't have byes and their 150/140 averages are added while anyone that has Cripps/titch/jelly/Gawn/tracca etc etc etc got zeros during their byes?

I think by "fair" you mean what benefits you!

Mar 6, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Timberwolves
Your version of fair is that Macrae and Neale don't have byes and their 150/140 averages are added while anyone that has Cripps/titch/jelly/Gawn/tracca etc etc etc got zeros during their byes?

I think by "fair" you mean what benefits you!

You understand I had players already played in the bye as well right?

Mar 27, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If 10 teams get the bye in the one round, that round either be scrapped or we get bonus trades that enables us to get close to 18 mark, and those trades have to be used. not sure how many you would need.

You should be working in getting players that have had the bye already

17 of 18 days: Hawks, Dons to fire up second fixture frenzy

THE AFL's second wave of Big Bash-style programming in the 2020 season will see matches played on 17 of 18 days, beginning Thursday, August 27.

Hawthorn versus Essendon will be one of two matches to be played on that night, with the AFL to release times and locations of the remaining matches of rounds 14 to 17 on Friday.

Round 18 will also be released on Friday, but it will be deemed a "floating fixture", with times of games not to be determined until a later date in order to maximise intrigue leading into the finals.

There may be a week’s break between round 18 and finals, with the Brownlow Medal now expected to be held in the week after the completion of the final round.

Ten teams will have byes in the rounds 14 to 17 block.

The first wave of Big-Bash-type fixturing will be completed on Monday, when a Richmond-Gold Coast match at the Gabba brings to a close a sequence of 33 matches being played in 20 days during rounds nine to 12.

The already scheduled round 13 matches have been "traditionally" structured in a Friday to Monday sequence (August 21 to 24).

There will be a two-day break between the completion of round 13 and the start of round 14.

Juzzomac

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I don't actually support North Melb
Hawthorn versus Essendon will be one of two matches to be played on that night, with the AFL to release times and locations of the remaining matches of rounds 14 to 17 on Friday.

Ten teams will have byes in the rounds 14 to 17 block.

Extra trades + potentially best 18 R14/15/16/17?

Veryyyyy interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back