EDIT: Fixture Released - Rounds 14-18

Remove this Banner Ad

If we verse you's in QLD at night where it's all dewy or on a rainy day then I back you's to win since we're horrible when the ball is slippery like the Blues were on top of us when the footy was wet and we improved when the sun came out and the rain held out. It be more of an even match up when it's in the dry afternoon though. Your defense matches up perfectly against our forward line Balta would be the perfect match up on Kennedy, Astbury (assuming he comes back) on Darling, Broad on Waterman, Grimes on Allen or Ryan.

I reckon the granny will be held whichever state is the first to remove 50% cap on crowds and allow 100% capacity crowds back.

Think the crowd/revenue will play a huge part in all of this for sure.

Just out of curiousity, how do you have 2 extra teams in Collingwood & Richmond? Surely it's time to bite the bullet and just have the mighty Tiges as your second?

Its going to be very difficult to make top 4 from here. All four of the current top four are in good form. The cats are really the only one we have a chance of replacing, and in order to do it we'll probably have to win all of our remaining games.

Dropping the GWS game, and the no-show against the Hawks early in the year are going to come back to bite us imo.
We are only two points behind Geelong and West Coast (who do have an extra game up their sleave) so when we play them that is our chance to leapfrog.
Yes it will be difficult but if we win all six remaining matches we will finish top 4.
Interestingly the bookies have us less likely to finish top 4 than to win the premiership

Its going to be very difficult to make top 4 from here. All four of the current top four are in good form. The cats are really the only one we have a chance of replacing, and in order to do it we'll probably have to win all of our remaining games.

Dropping the GWS game, and the no-show against the Hawks early in the year are going to come back to bite us imo.
We're only 2 points off third FFS.

Think the crowd/revenue will play a huge part in all of this for sure.

Just out of curiousity, how do you have 2 extra teams in Collingwood & Richmond? Surely it's time to bite the bullet and just have the mighty Tiges as your second?
I like the Pies as well and I spend time on the Collingwood board as much as the Richmond board but of course I spend the most time on the WCE board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No excuses from here. Love Adelaide in the final round incase we need % against Pies.
Tbh I hope they have a win by then. If they don't have one by the last round they will throw everything at us to get it. On the flip side if they get a win by then they might check out and it will be percentage time.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/485426
14: vs WC MetriconCG, Thursday 27/8, 7.10
15: vs Frem MetriconCG, Wednesday 2/9, 7.10
16: BYE
17: vs Geelong MetriconCG, Friday 11/9, 7.10
18: vs Adelaide, time and venue TBC (but we are listed away so probably AO)

That is a great run home. Breaks work for us. Lovely stuff. Here we go

Tbh I hope they have a win by then. If they don't have one by the last round they will throw everything at us to get it. On the flip side if they get a win by then they might check out and it will be percentage time.

Reckon they'll be well and truly over it by then.

If they lost every game I would actually be happy. And if we crush them it'd be a good way to go into finals.

Spot on. Also the bye is in a perfect place for us, allows guys like Prestia and Edwards after the bye to be back in with 2 rounds before finals.

the bye is what im most excited about, in an odd way..

perfect placement to give guys coming back from injury some time and it's a bit of a buffer for Edwards isolation period for if / when he makes his way up.

it's all on us now to make this draw work for us. all starts Monday night, need to get back on the winners list!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back