Opinion Fixture Wishlist

BeMoreBont

Team Captain
Oct 14, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wow that's a very good draw.. Only real downside is having to go to Geelong again.

Avoiding West Coast in Perth yay!

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
At first glance, we got kissed on the dick with this fixture.

Our double ups are:
TOP 6 - GWS
MIDDLE 6 - Port, North
BOTTOM 6 - Carlton, Fremantle

Also have gone up from 1 Friday night game in 2019, to 5 Friday night games in 2020.

And if there was ever any lingering doubt over whether the AFL favours Victorian sides, here's something for you.
Of all the "primetime" slots (64 total between Thursday and Friday night games), 19 went to interstate teams. The other 45 went to Vic clubs. Even worse is that of those 45:
> Richmond got 8
> Melbourne (bottom 2 last year) got 3
> Geelong got 6
> Essendon (******* bottomfeeders) got 6
> Collingwood got 8

Meanwhile, Fremantle and Gold Coast both got 0. Saints and North got 1. Even ******* Carlton got 2 despite finishing lower than 3 of those clubs.

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
BULLDOGS 2020 FIXTURE BREAKDOWN

Double Up Opponents: Blues, GWS, Dockers, North, Port

Friday Night: 5
Saturday Afternoon: 2
Saturday Twilight: 2
Saturday Night: 8
Sunday Afternoon: 2
Sunday Twilight: 2
Pending: 1

Marvel: 12
MCG: 2
SCG: 1
GMHBA: 1
Adelaide Oval: 2
Optus Oval: 1
Canberra: 1
Mars: 2

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Pretty happy with the fixture, we have been blessed with a very attendance friendly fixture and heaps of TV exposure. So the fans will get to see plenty of us, but also allow us to grow our membership base.

The double ups are boring. Blues again. AFL trying to make a rivalry with GWS a thing. North again for the 100th time this decade. Dockers and Port are good

We are the home team for almost half those prime time slots, so we haven't been shafted in that aspect

Pies, Roos, Giants, Crows and Bombers all on Friday Night

Now to bring on the draft.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pretty happy with the fixture, we have been blessed with a very attendance friendly fixture and heaps of TV exposure. So the fans will get to see plenty of us, but also allow us to grow our membership base.

The double ups are boring. Blues again. AFL trying to make a rivalry with GWS a thing. North again for the 100th time this decade. Dockers and Port are good

We are the home team for almost half those prime time slots, so we haven't been shafted in that aspect

Pies, Roos, Giants, Crows and Bombers all on Friday Night

Now to bring on the draft.
I actually like most of our double ups.
Every game against North is awesome to watch, so I'd love to see us double against them every year until that stops. I reckon the Dockers and Port games go alright too.

I loved seeing us give GWS a hiding last year, but would rather just face them once at Marvel each year, flog them, then forget they exist.

Carlton double up sucks. We match up really poorly against them tbh. Would take an Essendon or Richmond over a Carlton

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I actually like most of our double ups.
Every game against North is awesome to watch, so I'd love to see us double against them every year until that stops. I reckon the Dockers and Port games go alright too.

I loved seeing us give GWS a hiding last year, but would rather just face them once at Marvel each year, flog them, then forget they exist.

Carlton double up sucks. We match up really poorly against them tbh. Would take an Essendon or Richmond over a Carlton
I’m not keen on Carlton round 2 straight after the Pies. Tough start. Apart from that no complaints..

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I am very happy with this. GWS in Melbourne was good, surprised by Carlton double-up. I will be attending every Melbourne game, and this fixture with all the Friday and Saturday nights makes me look forward to next year.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I knew we would be playing the Tigers at the G, but thought it would be a Saturday noon/night game, Sunday early is perfectly fine, at least its not a death slot like Sunday 2-4pm

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
This is the game I'm looking forward to the most and I'm glad it's a Sunday arvo AND at the MCG. This will be a real test at that point of the year too.

Also nothing better to do on a Sunday arvo so I'll be attending.

Tigers, Cats and Eagles in the final five weeks. Tough run home. But we build up to the finals vs three teams likely to be in the top 4 (predicting GWS to be another pushing for the other spot)

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Have they announced our replacement games? I think its a possibility that the Richmond game is a replacement game, so that would make it very easy for me and my mates to attend.

Bemoreboyddog

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Really good fixture. No qld trip, only once to Perth, finally get the Giants at Marvel. 5 Friday nights is great exposure, no Sunday twilight. Only downer is still only 2 games at MCG. Wish Carlton’s home game against us was at MCG.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Really good fixture. No qld trip, only once to Perth, finally get the Giants at Marvel. 5 Friday nights is great exposure, no Sunday twilight. Only downer is still only 2 games at MCG. Wish Carlton’s home game against us was at MCG.
I agree, majority of our games are Friday night and Saturday Night. If we continue to be on the rise, these time slots with give us excellent exposure. I wanted at least one more at the MCG but of course you can't get everything you wish for.

3 out of first 4 rounds are Friday night games, I hope we hit the ground running!!

Also pretty happy last 3 games are at home, even if 1 is Ballarat although good it’s against Port

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Why? It will be 99% Bulldogs supporters :D
As someone who was pretty skeptical about Ballarat I thoroughly enjoyed my trip their for the Crows game. I’m a convert and would encourage people to give a try. I like the fact the 2 Ballarat games are Saturday as well as some fine pubs in Ballarat for a few after game beers.

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Is this our first ANZAC day game since 1990 against Carlton at Princess Park? I think so. We’ll have the real game after the snooze fest Collingwood and Essendon serve up every year in the arvo.

Testekill

Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown
Very lucky how the only finals team that we doubled up on is GWS. We match up pretty well against them on our day and I can't see them being allowed to break the rules as blatantly as they did in the finals.

Back