Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Hello all!

Welcome to the FJGD Board Awards for 2019. Please accept my humble apologies for the tardiness in getting this organised, life has been getting in the way big time lately. For this year, we've decided to streamline things a little, with a few tweaks and a big new feature for the board.

Firstly, we'll be introducing a FJGD Hall of Fame! The HoF will be a permanent showcase of all of the great designs, competitions and posters that make up the FJGD board. This will be posted and stickied at the conclusion of the 2019 awards.

With the introduction of the Hall of Fame, we've made the decision that all past and future winners of the POTY award will be automatically inducted, and subsequently be ineligible for future POTY nominations. Thus, each year, a new member of the FJGD community will be bestowed the honour of POTY, spreading the love across the many talented and engaging members we have. POTY recipients will still receive their badge for the next 12 months, before being awarded a perpetual HoF badge.

There is also going to be a change for the COTY category. Having won the award in five of the last six years, the NAFL will no longer be eligible for nomination. Clearly it is a competition beyond being worthy of just COTY status, and the many other great competitions across the board can now hopefully get the recognition they deserve.

On that note, I have one final announcement. Members of the Hall of Fame will also be eligible to be elevated to Legends status! I'm very pleased to be able to announce here and now the first official BF FJGD Hall of Fame Legends...

Mero
E92_
National Australian Football League (NAFL)

Mero has been an institution of the FJGD board for many years. Many of us wouldn't be here without the influence of his footyjumpers.com website and we've all benefited from his wealth of knowledge and expertise. E92_ has been behind the NAFL since it began and has been influential in building it to the position where it is so widely regarded as the pinnacle of competitions on the FJGD board. As for the NAFL itself, well only Legend status can truly reflect the standing of which it possesses on this board. Congratulations to all of our inaugural Hall of Fame Legends!

Voting for the 2019 awards will kick off imminently, with the links to the threads posted below.​

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
Goodness. Legend Status.
Well, thank you for nominating me.
It is a delight to me to find people like myself in an online forum such as this.
To be recognised by them as a valuable member is personally very satisfying.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I can see your COTY badge. You’ll only get the one badge for both comps.
Yes that is the one awarded last year for Clubs Encounters of the 3rd Kits but looking at the description, it's completely changed to only show the 2 that were won this year.

Competition of the Year
Jan 29, 2019. Awarded for running the competition ""What If" Wednesdays and From Footy To Futbol"

I'm cool with having them all under 1 badge but it's kind of odd just overwriting the old comp with the new winning comps inside a year old badge for a previously winning comp (if that makes any sense). Unless this all a simple error in updating the description :)

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yes that is the one awarded last year for Clubs Encounters of the 3rd Kits but looking at the description, it's completely changed to only show the 2 that were won this year.

Competition of the Year
Jan 29, 2019. Awarded for running the competition ""What If" Wednesdays and From Footy To Futbol"

I'm cool with having them all under 1 badge but it's kind of odd just overwriting the old comp with the new winning comps inside a year old badge for a previously winning comp (if that makes any sense). Unless this all a simple error in updating the description :)

The badges are not perpetual, you only get them for the next 12 months. Thats why they don’t have a year on them. POTY was the only one that had a year and stayed permanently, although we’re now transitioning that to the HoF badge as the one you keep, with the POTY becoming rotational like the others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back