Podcast FJGD Podcast: Have Your Say! [Head of Graphic Design for Sherrin]

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys,

Michaels has pulled one beauty out of his hat and has gotten the head of Graphic Design for Sherrin to come on and answer some questions for us!

She does all the artwork for the match balls, league balls and more!

Have a question you would like to know about the process?
Drop it below and we will get the answer for you!

Thanks,
FJGD Podcast

- How did you get into the position?
- What are your day-to-day objectives as a graphic designer at Sherrin?
- What goes into designing a matchday ball? In particular one-offs (indigenous round etc.)
- What's your favourite ball design you've ever done?

This should be a cracking interview. Would love to be a part of it, but I've had my turn. :p

I had made a resource under my old name with the Sherrin's and what sponsors were used here. Would there be any chance if they could roll out a site with all the Sherrin designs or would that be too complex and niche/time consuming for them? Or even perhaps just picking out the memorable ones that people have grown fond to.

Are you involved in designing all the varieties of the balls that Sherrin offer (official match balls, kids novelty balls, local footy) or only the balls used for the AFL?

Do you happen to know whether increasing the size of the AFL logo on the balls (around 2015-16) was a Sherrin design decision or an AFL request?

Maccas Foopy?
38DDEE37-EF03-4A1E-AFAE-3391461E9477.jpeg

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
What are the reasons behind the Yellow ball, we've come a long way technologically, is there a reason besides history that we haven't gone down the route of a pink/white ball a la cricket?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back