Flags and Father Sons

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Liam Jones have any sons?

No, but his father played AFL.

Looking back at recent years, Ryan Hargrave, Paul Dimattina, Cam Wight and even Scotty Wynd had fathers who played VFL. Justin Charles too. And of course Marcus Picken, brother of Liam and son of Billy, was on our list (briefly). Also some bloke named David Cloke had a son called Travis.

Interesting that Leon Cameron has a kid coming through in a few years. If he's still in Sydney and any good he'll be a GWS academy player as well as father son.

Interesting that Leon Cameron has a kid coming through in a few years. If he's still in Sydney and any good he'll be a GWS academy player as well as father son.

Ain't it 200 games for father son?

Don't see him last 9 years myself but time will tell

Ain't it 200 games for father son?

Don't see him last 9 years myself but time will tell
100 games. He doesn't even have to be there for 9 years, just has to be there when he's eligible for the academy, then he can go wherever he likes. Eg Hopper going to school in Ballarat and half their academy going to school in Melbourne.

100 games. He doesn't even have to be there for 9 years, just has to be there when he's eligible for the academy, then he can go wherever he likes. Eg Hopper going to school in Ballarat and half their academy going to school in Melbourne.
That's a rule they certainly have to change. If the point is for GWS to develop talent in the region then make them develop them. If the kid spends most of his time in the TAC Cup anyone should be able to draft him.

Any updates on West and Romero?
West will be playing under age in TAC this year due to being 17 this year
Romero last time i knew was training with Footscray VFL

These old games they're showing on Fox Footy are a good reminder of just how great Scott West was, the thought of Rhylee being half the player is seriously exciting. Can't wait to see him develop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back