Unofficial Preview Flags, Banners + Flogs.. Not Flares.

Remove this Banner Ad

AdsGoNads

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2014
SA Great
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brøndby IF, Adelaide City FC
Yes, I mentioned Flares.. But do we want to go down this route?

Is there another way to create more atmosphere at games without bringing back Giant Pom Poms + throwing little cut up pieces of the yellow pages in the air?

603781-8a16e178-b56f-11e3-9592-fced9bc5820e.jpg

Banner Ideas for 2015?

Can we fill the stadium with Big Ass Flags + Banners rather than just a few bays behind the goals?

#yesweken #weareportadelaide

Yes, I mentioned Flares.. But do we want to go down this route?

Banner Ideas for 2015?

Can we fill the stadium with Big Ass Flags + Banners rather than just a few bays behind the goals?

#yesweken #weareportadelaide

I was in the process of getting a banner made up last year, for our Jumpergate Showdown match, "Any Jumper, Any Decade, We are Port Adelaide" but the lad I knew changed jobs, then when I had it priced it was a ridic amount.

As for atmosphere, I would love to get the band a section in one of the pockets or up the back of the hill, or in front of the Vic Richardson gates, playing their instruments after goals, getting involved in chants and at quarter time breaks...

Giant banner covering get the 'max basheer' disgrace on the eastern stand. Would be very happy to cover thay monstrosity with 'Phil Hughes' or 'Russell Ebert'.
Nah. I'd go with mocking him with a different add-on each home game. So drape a banner after the Max Basheer with an 'is a <blank>'. Start with Max Basheer is a leech.

Nah. I'd go with mocking him with a different add-on each home game. So drape a banner after the Max Basheer with an 'is a <blank>'. Start with Max Basheer is a leech.

Max Basheer 'Show me the Money'?

Giant banner covering get the 'max basheer' disgrace on the eastern stand. Would be very happy to cover thay monstrosity with 'Phil Hughes' or 'Russell Ebert'.

Off the top of my head I can think of 20 Port Adelaide identities who've contributed more to South Australian football than that bespectacled poor man's Kissinger lookeylikey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be great to go down the same path as the European football crowds.

This is what I think it would look like but replace the yellow with teal I guess.....

Newcastle United to maybe inspire Collingwood supporters...

The club should be selling big flags, big banners....... perhaps pass over the huge banners like below with sponsors logo on them.

images

This is what I think it would look like but replace the yellow with teal I guess.....

images

The club should be selling big flags, big banners....... perhaps pass over the huge banners like below with sponsors logo on them.

Flag sizes are restricted at AO and for good reason. Spectators do not want bloody great flags waved in their face all game. Things would be fine if these activities were confined to the start of the game but you and I both know they are not. We can make enough noise and provide enough colour with the scarves, banners and flag sizes we have. We are getting close to the image above in our pre game activity so let's concentrate on that bit.

Newcastle United to maybe inspire Collingwood supporters...

images
I for one wouldn't be too happy if some a-hole was waving a 6 x 5 metre flag in front of my face while I was trying to watch the game,
Wearenot Europe.
This is Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back