Flags won in the digital television era

Remove this Banner Ad

Havoc

Senior List
Sep 8, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
People on here, keep harping on about how only flags won in the television era.. should be the only flags counted. In reality.. who cares about the analog television era anymore? Analog television is dead and never coming back.

Digital television was first launched in Australia on 1st January 2001... while 2002 was the first season where every minute of every AFL game was broadcast live on television. Flags won in the digital television era are the relevant flags that should be counted.

Last year was embarrassing, to witness Carlton and Essendon parade around silverware.. that was won prior to digital television existing in Australia.

Digital television flags:
Carlton 0
Essendon 0

It's also a blight on the Crows.. that Port have been more successful in the digital television era!!

Port 1 > Crows 0.
Digital television grand finals:
Port 2 > Crows 1.

Flags that are relevant should only won by clubs that have a feline mascot.

Thus:
Tigers 13
Lions 11
Cats 10
Disagree... Bird mascots are clearly superior given they are greater in number. Although, we should exclude any birds which turn into swooping pricks for 6 weeks of the year, to protect the children from such things.

Thus:
Hawks 13
Swans 5
Eagles 4
Crows 2

People on here, keep harping on about how only flags won in the television era.. should be the only flags counted. In reality.. who cares about the analog television era anymore? Analog television is dead and never coming back.

Digital television was first launched in Australia on 1st January 2001... while 2002 was the first season where every minute of every AFL game was broadcast live on television. Flags won in the digital television era are the relevant flags that should be counted.

Last year was embarrassing, to witness Carlton and Essendon parade around silverware.. that was won prior to digital television existing in Australia.

Carlton 0
Essendon 0

It's also a blight on the Crows.. that Port have been more successful in the digital television era!!

Port 1 > Crows 0.
Digital television grand finals:
Port 2 > Crows 1.
In my view, the only flags the truly count are those won consecutively during the 1990s.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only flags that should count are the ones in the 18 team competition era and won from outside the top 4 which required winning 4 games in a row.

1. Bulldogs

Only flags won under true adversity count, so it’s the Dees and Tigers Covid premiers on one each. Although the Tigers played at a crappy little cricket pitch they want to demolish in front of 13 people so really it’s the Dees only, winning in a true football state at the second best stadium in Aus.

Only flags won by teams with uniquely Australian mascots should count. Its "Australian Football" after all.
Something like a bomber or a hawk or a magpie, and wtf is a "blue", can be found anywhere without us having to export them first.

Who's gonna tell the poor guy?
Spotted at Prince Park, as Carlton begin preparations for the 2014 AFL season

(I shouldn't make fun of other people's typos, given how many I make. But, one day I might enter politics politician and hypocrisy is mandatory.)

1920px-Tardis_BBC_Television_Center.jpg

In my view spoons should count as a negative flag.

So the real flag leaders are:

1. Collingwood: 16-2 =14
2. Essendon* : 16-5 = 11
3. Carlton : 15*-5 = 10 *(1995)
.... the rest

Then....

18. Saints 1-27 = -26 😂
Port?? How many flags and spoons?

Haven't Port won 37 flags though??
Wrong Port. You're thinking of the state league team that wore black and white prison bars and didn't play in the AFL. Used to be called the Magpies I believe.

I googled it and the AFL definitely only has Port as winning the one flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back