Flashback a decade ago to the 2009 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a ripping photo! Grif, Nason and Dusty all look a bit like vampires.
I'll give you Griff and Dusty, but Nason looks like an Elf (not the cool Tolkien elves, more like the traditional impish elves). As for the OP's question about the rookie - it was actually a PSD selection and was a young vigneron whu goes alright.

fancy a martin/astbury draft a couple years after a cotchin/rance one...

bringing in the best player from the in-between draft prestia and a generational talent lynch in as a large cherry

Grimes from the pre-season draft isn't too shabby either.

I had to look up the 2009 draft for full details - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_AFL_draft

We picked up Dusty, Grif, Astbury, Dea, Troy Taylor, Webberley and Nason from the National Draft, Grimes from the Pre-season Draft, and then rookied Pat Contin, Robert Hicks, Relton (the man, the legend), Nicholas Westhoff from West Adelaide (gotta be the brother?), Polak and Jamie O'Reilly.

That's 14. Amazing.

I'll give you Griff and Dusty, but Nason looks like an Elf (not the cool Tolkien elves, more like the traditional impish elves). As for the OP's question about the rookie - it was actually a PSD selection and was a young vigneron whu goes alright.
Yes, my mistake preseason draft, pick number 2 Dylan Grimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to look up the 2009 draft for full details - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_AFL_draft

We picked up Dusty, Grif, Astbury, Dea, Troy Taylor, Webberley and Nason from the National Draft, Grimes from the Pre-season Draft, and then rookied Pat Contin, Robert Hicks, Relton (the man, the legend), Nicholas Westhoff from West Adelaide (gotta be the brother?), Polak and Jamie O'Reilly.

That's 14. Amazing.
Webberly had the talent to make it but he had no consistency.

Webberly had the talent to make it but he had no consistency.

Agree. Webberley had the attributes. I remember really liking that draft crop. I thought Taylor, Relton and Nason were gunna be players for us, and Polak fitted a genuine need.

then polak got hit by a tram :(

Not sure if anybody remembers. But there was an epic thread where we raised money for Polak and his recovery on the Richmond Board. Can't remember who organised it but will have a search for that heartwarming thread.

Agree. Webberley had the attributes. I remember really liking that draft crop. I thought Taylor, Relton and Nason were gunna be players for us, and Polak fitted a genuine need.

8D88EE78-0CED-40AF-AAD8-CC4825DA66EB.jpeg

Relton

That photo is like some kind of Matrix/RFC style.

Why did Dusty always look like the bad guy in a boy band though?

Seriously look again..

1574202410087.png

What's up man?

Then again look at the rest of them. There's an Alice Cooper wannabe up the back, a Young long - haired Dimma on the left, above him is a guy with very good teeth. Then there's Dave and back to the Alice Cooper Groupie.

Don't wanna talk about midget Matrix Twin guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back