Autopsy Flat trackers Vs Colliwobbles.

Remove this Banner Ad

West coast are an irrelevant team in terms of finals, if they make it they will be out first week. Just making up the numbers just like most years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Jake-Gyllenhaal-Yes.gif

Richmond are the only team to have a longer Grand Final drought than Adelaide. :D

Yeah I shouldn't have narrowed it down to just celebrating goals.

It's more about that general revving up of the others that goals give you the opportunity to do. But the opposition gets a roll on you don't see our senior players, including Kennedy, being very vocal or anything. It's all hands on hips and looking down at the grass.

Kennedy, like Priddis, like Le Cras and like Mackenzie, Hurn, etc, rarely get in the face of opposition players and get stuck into them when they mess something up.

Someone like Heath Shaw for example will let you know about it if you shanked a kick or gave away a silly free etc. We need our senior players to be able to get the team's blood flowing on a more consistent basis.

I honestly think this is what is holding us back. I think our team is top 4 on paper, but above the shoulders we are often more like a bottom 4 side.

Re: Judd, he was able to lead by example because he was constantly at the coal face, and let's face it his talent on show was enough to lift anyone up a level.

Which is the worst thing really. Any neutral supporter would say we have a great best 22, but for whatever reason, we've just been plain awful this year.

But anyway, I agree for the most part, but our inspirational star player is Nic Nat, and we've been missing him for the entire season. Put him and his match winning abilities into the side and we are a much different team.

Last edited:
Sorry for the intrusion, but Pavlich had an opportunity to stamp his name on the biggest day 2013 GF, instead Lake won the norm smith as his direct Opponent.
I went to the 2015 GF and couldn't believe how your team played that day, wanting them to win. Again Kennedy ( who is a gun footballer ) had an opportunity to be a premiership player, didnt kick a single score ( 9 touches) for the most important game of his career.
yeh, but kennedy is still a fine player, and very reliable kick for goal. Id love him at the Pies, hes all we need really, a gun FF, put him next to Moore, Fas, and Elliott, and our forward problems are solved.

There should be a new board rule to only discuss Lecras in 'Autopsy' threads for the remainder of the year.

Those couple of seconds where he's jogging around a contest before remembering he should look like he's chasing... nothin' but muscle memory at best, most likely rigor mortis. Dead, kaput! Tackling is only something he can offer the ground as he falls into it for the deep sleep of footy retirement.

Today's the fourth time we've pissed away a victory, where the Eagles of at least two years ago would've kicked away in a final quarter and put score on the board they just disintegrate in another piss weak fourth quarter. I'm pretty sure the only fourth quarter we've actually played decently in this year was the Saints game that we barely struggled to win that. The Eagles of a couple years ago would've put away GWS, Melbourne, outlast Port and kick away from a two man down Collingwood....but no. Something's seriously wrong with this team, they haven't recovered from the 2015 Grand Final.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have not felt comfortable at all when this team has a big lead in second halves of games, continually leaking goals and being weak as piss at the contest.

yep absolutely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vardy was horrific. Grundy absolutely pantsed him.

What's worse is he kept trying the same approach in the ruck every time, but continued to lose every tap. Is Cox still our ruck coach? What does he get paid to do?
Disgraceful

Yeah I shouldn't have narrowed it down to just celebrating goals.

It's more about that general revving up of the others that goals give you the opportunity to do. But the opposition gets a roll on you don't see our senior players, including Kennedy, being very vocal or anything. It's all hands on hips and looking down at the grass.

Kennedy, like Priddis, like Le Cras and like Mackenzie, Hurn, etc, rarely get in the face of opposition players and get stuck into them when they mess something up.

Someone like Heath Shaw for example will let you know about it if you shanked a kick or gave away a silly free etc. We need our senior players to be able to get the team's blood flowing on a more consistent basis.

I honestly think this is what is holding us back. I think our team is top 4 on paper, but above the shoulders we are often more like a bottom 4 side.

Re: Judd, he was able to lead by example because he was constantly at the coal face, and let's face it his talent on show was enough to lift anyone up a level.

We need to follow the Melbourne route (god what am I saying) of recruiting a hard campaigner for the sake of the on-field culture. Someone Jack Viney-esque.

For all of the qualities of guys like Sheed and Duggan, they come across as pretty quiet/meek. Wouldn't mind a lil tough mother*er in there.

Vardy has been pretty bad the last 3 weeks. Would be dropped except the alternative #1 ruck (Giles) is even worse with his lack of mobility.

Lycett if he even will be fit which I doubt will be just as bad for different reasons.

We need to follow the Melbourne route (god what am I saying) of recruiting a hard campaigner for the sake of the on-field culture. Someone Jack Viney-esque.

For all of the qualities of guys like Sheed and Duggan, they come across as pretty quiet/meek. Wouldn't mind a lil tough mother****** in there.

Mitch+Robinson+AFL+Rd+6+Carlton+v+Melbourne+QietsNoGo7Nl.jpg

We play like a team afraid to fail rather than a team that wants to win.

When the chips are down the performance driver is fear instead of desire.

This is why we don't have players running hard and demanding the footy - they don't want it. This is why we have players coralling and waving their arms instead of committing to a tackle - they fear missing it. This is why we start chipping the ball around instead of banging in the sealer - they don't want to be the risk taker who turns the ball over.

We need a massive change in mindset.
Hit the nail on the head, forward to that wce email, attention Adam Simpson.

For all of the qualities of guys like Sheed and Duggan, they come across as pretty quiet/meek. Wouldn't mind a lil tough mother****** in there.
Pat McGinnity says hello

Remove this Banner Ad

Back