Autopsy Flat trackers Vs Colliwobbles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Would not surprise me if my Pies beat the Crows this week, its in Melb, pressure is all on red hot crows, our confidence is back, and eddie betts is out, could well be another upset brewing !

Wow! So you don't have travel interstate this week after your home game against us?? That's a surprise...

worst game i have seen in ages. everything about the game apart from JK is what i hate about modern footy.
glad we lost. winning might have looked like plastering over the cracks for a while. we have lots of cracks. our midfield blows

Also glad we lost. Just so that it becomes bleeding obvious that we do have personel problems and the club, MC and coaches need to pull there collective fingers out, stop accepting this crap from senior players and start cracking some heads.

We dont run out games because we dont pick enough runners. Too tall, too old, too slow.

Flew to Melbourne for the weekend to watch that crap. Seriously West Coast its t7me to make some tough calls.

Partington better get a game this week, and Priddis and Le cras dropped to make a freakin statement.

Petrie love your heart and effort but time for a rest, same with Vardy. Play Giles and McInness.

Its about mindset and coaching

we went 4 goals up then obviously its our game plan to play slow safe footy and decrease our energy levels. This gives our opponent the chance to gain momentum.

if we just played the same we would of won..Drives me crazy. Dumb dumb footy. Absolutely gifted Cwood a win

Its about mindset and coaching

we went 4 goals up then obviously its our game plan to play slow safe footy and decrease our energy levels. This gives our opponent the chance to gain momentum.

if we just played the same we would of won..Drives me crazy. Dumb dumb footy. Absolutely gifted Cwood a win

So when we get 4 goals up we are coached to stop contesting the ball?

That's the game plan, back off and let the opposition win contest after contest?

Um, no. Not even close to an answer.

It's mental and our players simply are not capable of getting to the contest (lack of pace, too old, too tall) and they don't push themselves hard enough (mental toughness).

Our recruiters need to address that. Venables from reports as a junior goes hard at it, we need to retain our first pick and grab the best contested beast of a mid available at pick 9 or 10.

We need to trade in some half forwards with pace and defensive pressure, absolute must.

Giles doesn't have the tank to play AFL. Chase another mature depth ruck who is actually 200cm at least and again can run and contest.

The small of body, weak links who can't contest or run hard simply go. Le cras, Masten, Butler (harsh but its time), Hill (lacks body on body contesting ability).

We need to stop playing so tall at both ends, again takes away our leg speed.

Last edited:
So when we get 4 goals up we are coached to stop contesting the ball?

That's the game plan, back off and let the opposition win contest after contest?

Um, no. Not even close to an answer.

It's mental and our players simply are not capable of getting to the contest (lack of pace, too old, too tall) and they don't push themselves hard enough (mental toughness).

Our recruiters need to address that. Venables from reports as a junior goes hard at it, we need to retain our first pick and grab the best contested beast of a mid available at pick 9 or 10.

We need to trade in some half forwards with pace and defensive pressure, absolute must.

Giles doesn't have the tank to play AFL. Chase another mature depth ruck who is actually 200cm at least and again can run and contest.

The small of body, weak links who can't contest or run hard simply go. Le cras, Masten, Butler (harsh but its time), Hill (lacks body on body contesting ability).

We need to stop playing so tall at both ends, again takes away our leg speed.

you didn't notice the chipping the footy around..zero play on.
go back on the mark wait for another short option to become available.
No taking the game at all..time wasting when ever the opportunity presents..wait for the opposition to take more risks (because behind) then try and score a goal over the back

seriously ? You are not watching closely enough..Not he first time this year either. We did exactly the same against Gold Coast, Melb and GWS at different points of time in the 4th. Dumb footy

Even the Cwood cheer squad in the commentary box picked up on it.. complete change of tactic and clearly a coaching directive..
we went 4 goals up and instead of trying to score again we went into 'protect the lead we have ' mode

its so blatantly obvious

Last edited:
Wouldn't be too sure, if you're anywhere within 35 points or so in the third quarter you're in with a fair chance
Liam Jones to keep JK to 0 goals and to kick 7 of his own. GOAT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say unreliable because while Shuey is definitely capable of winning the footy and bursting through packs, I feel as though this is always a bit of an extra gut effort from him rather than something he will do game in, game out.

He is 100% more comfortable and effective when he's the one receiving the footy outside of packs.

I don't think he has the body to play that inside role all of the time. And I kind of think he's wasted playing that role anyway. He should be out in space.

Regardless, it's definitely clear that he's not 100% at the moment and this is just exacerbating things further.

16 CP in the last quarter and none from our prime midfielders is an abomination

Adam Treloar wrote a really interesting article for the AFL website last year where he mentioned how difficult it is to match up on Shuey at stoppages. Said he rated Shuey equal with Dan Hannebery as the best inside-outside mids in the comp.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-08/adam-treloar-how-to-stop-the-best-mids

That was just after he played arguably the best game of his career against GWS though. Safe to say he's a fair way off that at the moment

269764-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

Nah, I've heard of him before, needs to be an unknown player that kicks a bag. Or a small forward that we use our slowest player to defend.
thylacine60 tell us who needs playing into form. Sure enough we will do that for him.

thylacine60 tell us who needs playing into form. Sure enough we will do that for him.
Weitering & Simmo have gone right off the boil so that would be appreciated. Also, our new bloke Harry McKay could use a bag if that's ok. Most promising big forward since JK went west a decade ago. 200 games, has made the most of every opportunity the big lug.

Weitering & Simmo have gone right off the boil so that would be appreciated. Also, our new bloke Harry McKay could use a bag if that's ok. Most promising big forward since JK went west a decade ago. 200 games, has made the most of every opportunity the big lug.
He has. He also decided to grow a beard to look older or offset the stutter or both.

The glaring obvious is our midfield was smashed all night.
Our forwards and defenders are quality but if you get smashed in the guts all game it's eventually going to impact the scoreboard.

I hear what you are saying etc etc etc.

I haven't had the opportunity to rewatch the game but there were times in the last when forward line pressure was non-existent. We are all familiar with LeCras lack of chase but there were also a few times when I expected more from JK and JD (guys who generally chase pretty well). For me the defenders were the ones (again) who performed above and beyond. There was a too much upfield pressure lacking on a number of lines for the WHOLE game.

Damming evidence that Gaff is the only player in the top 5 of basically any category in the afl tracker. Eagles were outworked despite the bench.

I'm an advocate of Lecras and hoping that game was an anomaly but I'm all for him being dropped to send a message, so long as Priddis is as well. Karpany didn't do much to impress but Lecras was that invisible he needs to learn amd Karpany will go harder defensively.

The problem with Lecras, Hill and Cripps peeling off early is that our mids never win the contest and they get torched the other way.

Game plan only works with ball winning mids, just stupid footy with our current set up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back