Fleet Foxes

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Surprised there isn’t a stand-alone thread for these guys given they’ve been around for so long and released a few highly regarded albums, Hopelessness Blues being their standout. I guess on this board in particular we’ve become accustomed to homogenous thread covering everything in one hit.

They’ve just released a new LP Shore, which from a very quick listen holds up pretty well. I probably haven’t given Crack-Up a good enough run to compare it to other LP’s but I’ll go through at some point and give it the time of day.

Their early EP’s are arguably as good as their albums too. Mykonos is my favourite FF song.

Thoughts?

Surprised there isn’t a stand-alone thread for these guys given they’ve been around for so long and released a few highly regarded albums, Hopelessness Blues being their standout. I guess on this board in particular we’ve become accustomed to homogenous thread covering everything in one hit.

They’ve just released a new LP Shore, which from a very quick listen holds up pretty well. I probably haven’t given Crack-Up a good enough run to compare it to other LP’s but I’ll go through at some point and give it the time of day.

Their early EP’s are arguably as good as their albums too. Mykonos is my favourite FF song.

Thoughts?

Love them, from their first album release. Saw them at the Opera House in 2012, was magic.

Mykonos would be right up there for me too, Shore has some crackers.

Their first album I gave 10 out of 10....there was 5 tracks which would have stood alone for me

Fleet Foxes 10/10
Tiger Mountain Peasant Song
Quiet Houses
He Doesn't Know Why
Heard Them Stirring
Blue Ridge Mountains

Mykanos is obviously a great track in its own right from an EP 10/10

Helplessnessblues 9/10
All great tracks but two standouts
The Plains / Bitter Dancer"
The Shrine / An Argument

Shore 7/10
It's a good fun album. None of the tracks elevate you to another level like previous albums but you will be entertained until the end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back