Mystery Flight MH370 missing

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont have a theory as such, or side on any particular theory

But have a few points That i think are important.

Early on in the saga, an Aussie working on an oil rig reported seeing an aircraft with flames trailing.
I think he mentioned direction of travel. But I can't remember that detail.

After the turn back, the aircraft reportedly changed altitude in an erratic way. I kind of wonder why the pilot made those manoeuvres.
Was the aircraft dropping in or out of autopilot? or was the movement trying to extinguish a fire of some kind. or alternatively the movements trying to disrupt persons in the Cabin?

MH370 according the netflix doco, the aircraft reportedly circled for 20 mins prior to heading south. Why the Wait?

MH170 Reportedly flew parallel to the Australian "Over the Horizon Radar System". Whoever was in charge, were they testing the effectiveness of the system?

They reportedly flew over the Butterworth airbase, ? An Aussie operated base, so why no jets in the air?.

JORN isn't operating all the time looking for aircraft out in the Indian Ocean. It would be uneconomical to do so.
Mh370 flew over Butterworth on an established airway at 30000 plus feet. They believed it to be normal air traffic. With nobody saying look out for a jet the military ignored it. Guess they don't want to scramble a jet unnecessarily.

JORN isn't operating all the time looking for aircraft out in the Indian Ocean. It would be uneconomical to do so.
Mh370 flew over Butterworth on an established airway at 30000 plus feet. They believed it to be normal air traffic. With nobody saying look out for a jet the military ignored it. Guess they don't want to scramble a jet unnecessarily.

But if it was a hot air balloon

But if it was a hot air balloon

It still wouldn't have been picked up. Nobody cares about hot air balloons flying out in the middle of the Indian Ocean. JORN isn't running 24/7 like some people believe. Full details are classified but definitely will be very expensive to run.

Playing devils advocate here (and I don’t really believe in any of the far fetched theories) but wouldn’t someone drop a heap of debris in the one spot, knowing the ocean currents and where they would likely end up?

Drift modelling has been done on MH370. It is impossible to predict as wind, ocean currents all vary wildly. Also, the aircraft hit the ocean at high speed and was likely smashed into thousands of pieces. Some of them may have been flung far from the impact position and subject to different currents.

Check out this, a spill of 28,000 rubber duck toys from a Chinese freighter in 1992. They ended up all over the world in different places despite all starting out in the same spot:

There will still be plenty of MH370 related flotsam floating around in the ocean but it will be in small pieces and spread out over millions of square kms of ocean and impossible to track.

Netflix doco is a shocker. They have really gone down hill with their true crime stuff.

They really seem to have given way too much credence to the Russian hijacking theory .

Despite they can't explain how they controlled the plane from the electronics room.

Some other flaws, if it was a team of 3, what happened to the other 2 in the cabin while the third shut off the oxygen? How do they get into the cockpit if the pilots have locked it from the inside?

Seems like someone watched too many Hollywood movies

I'm about halfway through the Netflix doco.

The person not answering the call from her Papa....I bet she wishes she had that moment again.

They really seem to have given way too much credence to the Russian hijacking theory .

Despite they can't explain how they controlled the plane from the electronics room.

Some other flaws, if it was a team of 3, what happened to the other 2 in the cabin while the third shut off the oxygen? How do they get into the cockpit if the pilots have locked it from the inside?

Seems like someone watched too many Hollywood movies

It's laughable.

Problem 1 - The INMARSAT control unit is not located in the avionics bay. It is located in the tail of the aircraft.
Problem 2 - To reach Kazakhstan MH370 would have to have crossed either Chinese or Pakistani airspace. There are border disputes galore in this area of the world. The chances of a B777 traversing this area undetected is essentially nil.
Problem 3 - You can't hide a B777 easily.
Problem 4 - Flying the aircraft from the avionics bay is impossible. Depressurising the aircraft is also impossible and even if this was attempted to pilots would know about it and immediately descend to 10,000 feet.
Problem 5 - The calculations and mathematical models devised for the BFO / BTO values had never been used before. How could anyone possibly know how this data would be interpreted? And if someone really had the ability to do this they would be better off shutting the satellite unit down altogether leaving no clues whatsover as to the final location of the aircraft.
Problem 6 - There's 15 minutes of oxygen available in overhead oxygen generators that can't be disabled.
Problem 7 - 39 pieces of debris have been discovered around the Indian Ocean washed ashore by 28 different individuals. 7 of those pieces have absolutely being identified as belonging to MH370. The rest are either likely to belong to MH370 or only identified as a Boeing 777 part but unable to be tied to MH370 (9M-MRO). This would not be the case if the plane landed intact on land.

Jeff Wise was also kicked out of the independent group because he took their data / work and published it as his own. He then come up with a ridiculous theory just to gain publicity. His theories certainly deserve no credence.

Last edited:
Say the plane is found on the next search.

What happens if the blackbox data is unreadable? While it is solid state it has been underwater for 9 years now at huge pressure on the bottom of the ocean. AF447 was readable but that was only 2 years old.

Let's say they are unreadable and the plane is recovered with remains that have detoriorated over 9 years with unreadable black boxes. It will be difficult to establish what happened unless there's evidence of a large explosion. I doubt an autospy will be able to be carried out on victims after spending 9 years at the bottom of a 3000m deep ocean.

We need to be prepared for the possibility that the plane is recovered but with no real answers. Even if the CVR was working it only records the last 2 hours. It won't have a record of the turnback and subsequent flight over Malaysia.

I think if the plane is found in the search area indicated by the inmarsat data, then it pretty much validates the deliberate murder-suicide theory. It's too bizarre a route to have accidentally flown and from memory the Inmarsat and WSPR data are pretty well aligned as to the possible route and ultimate destination of the plane. It's still a massive area of ocean to search, with some extreme depths and very remote from basically anywhere on earth.

If the plane is ever found in that area, I think the only viable explanation is deliberate murder-suicide by the pilot.

I think if the plane is found in the search area indicated by the inmarsat data, then it pretty much validates the deliberate murder-suicide theory. It's too bizarre a route to have accidentally flown and from memory the Inmarsat and WSPR data are pretty well aligned as to the possible route and ultimate destination of the plane. It's still a massive area of ocean to search, with some extreme depths and very remote from basically anywhere on earth.

If the plane is ever found in that area, I think the only viable explanation is deliberate murder-suicide by the pilot.

Seems the most likely explanation. Although I have to say - how did the pilot know that they were not going to be tracked out into the Indian Ocean? They did fly directly back across Malaysia whoever it was.

I can still see a possibility for a serious electrical malfunction / fire that caused a turnback, destruction of instruments and an inability to communicate followed by a flight in random directions not being able to get their bearings.

To me, if I was going to hijack the plane and take it somewhere I don't want it being found I wouldn't fly directly back across Malaysia.

The wreckage will surely tell that tale. It's somewhere in the SIO.

Seems the most likely explanation. Although I have to say - how did the pilot know that they were not going to be tracked out into the Indian Ocean? They did fly directly back across Malaysia whoever it was.

I can still see a possibility for a serious electrical malfunction / fire that caused a turnback, destruction of instruments and an inability to communicate followed by a flight in random directions not being able to get their bearings.

To me, if I was going to hijack the plane and take it somewhere I don't want it being found I wouldn't fly directly back across Malaysia.

The wreckage will surely tell that tale. It's somewhere in the SIO.

The story goes that he flew past where he grew up along the way.

From memory; It also managed to skirt the radar zones in a few spots, plus passed a radar that only operated during certain times during a window it was off, and had most tracking turned off.

Could be he didn’t realise about the Inmarsat stuff or couldn’t disable it.

The story goes that he flew past where he grew up along the way.

From memory; It also managed to skirt the radar zones in a few spots, plus passed a radar that only operated during certain times during a window it was off, and had most tracking turned off.

Could be he didn’t realise about the Inmarsat stuff or couldn’t disable it.

INMARSAT unit actually stopped working altogether some time after 17:07 UTC (last transmission) until the unit powered up and logged on again at 18:40 UTC. No hourly handshake in that time frame. Lends some credence to a serious electrical problem or possibly fire. There was some talk of a problem with the pilot O2 system that could spark a fire - believe it happened to a EgyptAir 777 on the ground luckily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mh370 was actually detected by Butterworth AFB radar and civilian radar. It was ignored because it was flying along a normal airway and at cruise altitude. I don't see how Shah could have relied on this happening unless he had collaborators on the ground that deliberately ignored the radar returns.

What has always been at the back of my thoughts on this is that 2 separate lots of witnesses saw what they described as an explosion in the sky over the ocean ..

One lot were fishing .. the others on a oil rig, miles apart from each other. I forget exactly where it was, but I think it was in the vacinity of Malaysia. Yet this was completely ignored at the time.

Seems strange to me that people in 2 different areas doing different things very far apart reported seeing the same thing.

What has always been at the back of my thoughts on this is that 2 separate lots of witnesses saw what they described as an explosion in the sky over the ocean ..

One lot were fishing .. the others on a oil rig, miles apart from each other. I forget exactly where it was, but I think it was in the vacinity of Malaysia. Yet this was completely ignored at the time.

Seems strange to me that people in 2 different areas doing different things very far apart reported seeing the same thing.

Problem was they didn't report those things until the disappearance of MH370 was made public. Ie they didn't think to contact anyone on the night.

It was I understand proven that the pilot had a air flight simulator at home and the recent simulated flight was down to where it ended up by hypothesis. That together with aircraft pieces having washed ashore in tide flows where anticipated is a close the case solution found fact I believe. No mystery. He flew it there to suicide in dramatic fashion.

Watched the Netflix doco. Seriously? Waste of my time.

It was I understand proven that the pilot had a air flight simulator at home and the recent simulated flight was down to where it ended up by hypothesis. That together with aircraft pieces having washed ashore in tide flows where anticipated is a close the case solution found fact I believe. No mystery. He flew it there to suicide in dramatic fashion.

Watched the Netflix doco. Seriously? Waste of my time.

Flight sim could be red herring. Report here:

The path on his simulator was 900 miles different to the proposed route the plane actually flew. Moreover there were many flights like that on his simulator, ie flights to nowhere.

The other thing that bugs me is how did Shah know that the Malaysian military would ignore his aircraft overflying Malaysia unidentified? It was ignored because it flew along a normal airway at a normal altitude. But how could Shah possibly rely on that happening short of having a collaborator on the ground working with him telling everyone to ignore the unidentified radar returns? If he was intercepted it's all over red rover.

It still wouldn't have been picked up. Nobody cares about hot air balloons flying out in the middle of the Indian Ocean. JORN isn't running 24/7 like some people believe. Full details are classified but definitely will be very expensive to run.

Recent history would suggest they do care

Remove this Banner Ad

Back