Qld Flo Bjelke-Petersen dies

Remove this Banner Ad

Great summary of a life of evil, ended far too late.

https://blogs.crikey.com.au/northern/2017/12/25/requiem-monster-john-birmingham/

Requiem for a Monster, by John Birmingham

All those rat*s understood was strength and fear and the simple joy of driving their enemies before them. There was no schadenfreude in seeing Bjelke-Petersen humiliated before the Fitzgerald Inquiry when he was unable to explain what was meant by the doctrine of the separation of powers, because all it did was hammer home the truth that we'd been comprehensively arse-raped by a man with the ethics of a starving sewer rat, and the political instincts of a sabre-toothed baboon with a really scorching methamphetamine addiction.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

• Admin
More great lines:

As long as there is a spark of life in Australian democracy, the mid 1980s when Bjelke-Petersen ruled alone, at the very zenith of his powers, should be studied in civics courses as an object lesson in what happens when untrammelled power is gathered into the shaky, liver-spotted hands of a stuttering, proto-fascist brute with just enough rat-bastard cunning to mask his true nature behind a carefully constructed facade of endearing bumpkinry

• Admin
My wife recalls Flo giving a talk at her school about the importance of being nice.

I sort of think Flo was insane, or a sociopath.

https://blogs.crikey.com.au/northern/2017/12/25/requiem-monster-john-birmingham/

All those rat****s understood was strength and fear and the simple joy of driving their enemies before them. There was no schadenfreude in seeing Bjelke-Petersen humiliated before the Fitzgerald Inquiry when he was unable to explain what was meant by the doctrine of the separation of powers, because all it did was hammer home the truth that we'd been comprehensively arse-raped by a man with the ethics of a starving sewer rat, and the political instincts of a sabre-toothed baboon with a really scorching methamphetamine addiction.

You’ve shown your true self through the quality of the article you have quoted.
Arse-raped, rat*s and the final line
“Stay dead, mother*ers. You won’t be missed.”

Btw, the strike-breakers ended weeks of power blackouts across the State. I was in my former hometown for some of the blackouts so we escaped the most of it. Back then Charleville had its own power generator.

• Admin
You’ve shown your true self through the quality of the article you have quoted.
Arse-raped, rat****s and the final line
“Stay dead, mother******s. You won’t be missed.”

Btw, the strike-breakers ended weeks of power blackouts across the State. I was in my former hometown for some of the blackouts so we escaped the most of it. Back then Charleville had its own power generator.
lebbolike.PNG

• Admin
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...rs-reveal-joh-bjelke-petersens-rule-crumbling

Ahern spent much of 1987 fighting Bjelke-Petersen over his insistence condom machines be removed from the University of Queensland and Griffith University. He also challenged Bjelke-Petersen’s attitude that HIV should be allowed to wipe out local Indigenous communities.

Flo and Joh were monstrous people, pure and simple.

Lauding Joh for developing mining and tourism simply assumes that nobody else could or would have ever done it, or done it as well. Joh and his mates put plenty of cash in their own pockets, even if you ignore their human rights abuses.

All those rat****s understood was strength and fear and the simple joy of driving their enemies before them. There was no schadenfreude in seeing Bjelke-Petersen humiliated before the Fitzgerald Inquiry when he was unable to explain what was meant by the doctrine of the separation of powers, because all it did was hammer home the truth that we'd been comprehensively arse-raped by a man with the ethics of a starving sewer rat, and the political instincts of a sabre-toothed baboon with a really scorching methamphetamine addiction.

Other than winning the "how many *s can you squeeze in a blog post" that was a really s**t article.

One of the worst articles I've ever read. I wish they would clarify their position, instead of beating around the bush and fence sitting.

Reading between the lines - because it's not obvious on a first reading - I am going out on a limb and suggesting the general gist of the article is that politicians are arseholes.

I am going out on a limb and suggesting the general gist of the article is that the Bjelke-Petersens were corrupt in every way imaginable, down to their very core.
EFA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My wife recalls Flo giving a talk at her school about the importance of being nice.

Was Flo the one behind Joh's 'Video Nasties' list?" Proud to say I've got loads of old horror movies on VHS, lurid covers and all. Some of which were 'Banned in Queensland.'

http://dodgyoldvideostore.blogspot.com.au/2010/12/banned-in-queensland-review-video-1.html

...In 1974 the Queensland state government decided it had enough of the sinful trash that was currently being shown on the screens across the country due to the new 'R' certificate (no children under 18 admitted - again for the non-aussie readers). So Queensland decided, in their wisdom, to form their own censorship body called 'Queensland Film Censorship Board' (later known as 'The Queensland Film Board of Review'). This body was set-up to override the decisions of the morally corrupt Commonwealth Film Censorship Board (now known as OFLC). From 1974 until 1990, when the board was dismantled by Queensland Premier Wayne Goss, the board banned 174 films including: Peter Jackson's 'Bad Taste' and Martin Scorsese's 'Last Temptation of Christ'...

Taken from a site called Alien Side Boob that charges $4 a month.

97 y/o woman has passed away. Go hug the kids mate. You can sleep easy at night now, safe in the knowledge...

John Birmingham’s site? What’s the name got to do with it?

And yes, the demise of evil is to be celebrated.

In another life they could quite easily have been the rulers of Romania. They were that bad. The white shoe brigade & paper bag carriers along with them

They used the police as their private force of goons. Dolores Umbridge, the nasty piece in Harry Potter from the Ministry of Magic remindes me of Flo. Appears oh so 'nice' on top, but savage, selfish & ignorant underneath.

Anyway, their both gone now. We're best to use their example as a warning of how easy extreme corruption can develop & how such illegal & extreme antidemocratic activities can develop & be hidden for so long.

We were just lucky Fitzgerald was allowed to start & finish his investigations. I don't think the findings surprised anyone. It was just the depth & breadth of their self deluding corruption. Their born to rule mentality was insanty itself.

Taken from a site called Alien Side Boob that charges $4 a month.

97 y/o woman has passed away. Go hug the kids mate. You can sleep easy at night now, safe in the knowledge...

Don't be mean to the dear old duck, huh. The first version of that article was from the Bulletin.

She smiled sweetly while she profited from an horrendously corrupt state government led by her husband. We can say that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back