Floggard

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
So if Cyril is widely respected..........

Is he?

I get the impression that you are a serious high level moron who inhales AFL media drivel then processes it verbatim.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Last edited:
You clown. The award was a subjective decision by a small number of people.

Do you really think Goddard would have won it over Cyril if it was put out to a vote by all AFL supporters? As if. Cyril in a landslide, Vince second.

All your bullshit about facts falls over when it's clear that you're misinterpreting them.
Yes, a subjective decision. Small amount of people? No, it's voted on by the AFL players. All of them. You're trying to spin it so it suits your narrative. My facts don't "fall over" through misinterpretation, despite your spin.

Basically my argument: Goddard won the award, ergo well respected, ahead of these other well respected players.
Your argument: No, he isn't respected, this other player up for the award is respected, even though he didn't win it. Because I say so.

Handsome.B.Wonderful

Premiership Player
Jan 13, 2006
Bigfooty
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just because you guys hate him doesn't mean he isn't widely respected. I stated two facts that prove the statement I was quoting was false. You guys are the only ones who have spun anything, as proven by this very post. It's like me saying that Luke Hodge isn't widely respected in the AFL community because I don't like his former club. If I said that on the Essendon board I would be called out on it, and rightly so, because it's bullshit.

Just because you hadn't heard of the award doesn't mean s**t. It's an award voted on by the entire playing body. He won it ahead of Cyril and Bernie Vince amongst others, but please do tell how Cyril isn't widely respected in the AFL community.

When you say "amongst others" you are hiding the fact he beat Eric Mackenzie & Lee Spurr because you know it is not a huge achievement.

The Madden Medal regularly goes to the player who had a great career but never won a flag, unless there is a standout , which is why half of St Kilda's list of former champions (do you hear coughing? Because I am coughing) have won it.

To suggest Goddard displayed personal development and growth as well as community spirit is the biggest laugh of all. This is a bloke who can't control his emotions enough to respect his own club's stewards around savoury treats, and if you hear Nick Riewoldt speak about him he was the last bloke to put his hand up for any community work whatsoever.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Basically my argument: Goddard won the award, ergo well respected.......

Everybody loves a nice "award".

1555464583825.png

Yes, a subjective decision. Small amount of people? No, it's voted on by the AFL players. All of them. You're trying to spin it so it suits your narrative. My facts don't "fall over" through misinterpretation, despite your spin.

Basically my argument: Goddard won the award, ergo well respected, ahead of these other well respected players.
Your argument: No, he isn't respected, this other player up for the award is respected, even though he didn't win it. Because I say so.

Now instead of misinterpreting the facts, you're misrepresenting them:

"The Madden Medal winner is selected from a list of nominees decided by the AFL Players’ Association Board and past Madden Medal winners."

LOL.

Is he?

I get the impression that you are a serious high level moron who inhales AFL media drivel then processes it verbatim.
I'm not the one trying to tell people that Goddard isn't highly respected across the AFL community when all the evidence points in the opposite direction. You can not like Goddard, that's your prerogative. I'm merely pointing out the fact that your statements are false.
When you say "amongst others" you are hiding the fact he beat Eric Mackenzie & Lee Spurr because you know it is not a huge achievement.

The Madden Medal regularly goes to the player who had a great career but never won a flag, unless there is a standout , which is why half of St Kilda's list of former champions (do you hear coughing? Because I am coughing) have won it.

To suggest Goddard displayed personal development and growth as well as community spirit is the biggest laugh of all. This is a bloke who can't control his emotions enough to respect his own club's stewards around savoury treats, and if you hear Nick Riewoldt speak about him he was the last bloke to put his hand up for any community work whatsoever.
So, you have noting. Why don't you mouth Atley three times again, seeing as you're incapable of anything meaningful in your life.
Now instead of misinterpreting the facts, you're misrepresenting them:

"The Madden Medal winner is selected from a list of nominees decided by the AFL Players’ Association Board and past Madden Medal winners."

LOL.
Keep your head in the sand mate :thumbsu:. It's been entertaining seeing you all squirm around the fact that your assertions have been wrong about him being unrespected in the AFL community.

Keep your head in the sand mate :thumbsu:. It's been entertaining seeing you all squirm around the fact that your assertions have been wrong about him being unrespected in the AFL community.

LOL, a pathetic, and totally expected, response to being exposed as someone who makes up s**t to suit his bullshit argument.

Word of advice, Fogdog, stick to discussing things you know about, like shopping trolleys. Bye now.

Is that you Brendon?

Knock three times and kick another low torpedo into the cheersquad of disabled patrons, kids and the elderly if you want to communicate.
Nah, just pointing out that despite all of you making excuses as to why Goddard's award means nothing, you've got to face the facts that you're wrong. Plain and simple. Just like you were wrong about Atley. How's that spud going for you guys? Are we going to see Walla kick 5 on him or McKenna have 20 touches running off him this week?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Why don't you quote the whole message? Is it because you know I'm right? :think:

No, it's because your extrapolations are based upon false premises, and are therefore irrelevant.

LOL, a pathetic, and totally expected, response to being exposed as someone who makes up s**t to suit his bullshit argument.

Word of advice, Fogdog, stick to discussing things you know about, like shopping trolleys. Bye now.
Um no, I'm not the one making s**t up. I posted two things disproving the statement I quoted, and the rest of you stuck your head in the sand and said it means nothing

Oh and FWIW, I'm not fogdog. That's about as dumb as saying that Brendan Goddard isn't respected in the AFL comm- oh s**t.

Handsome.B.Wonderful

Premiership Player
Jan 13, 2006
Bigfooty
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Nah, just pointing out that despite all of you making excuses as to why Goddard's award means nothing, you've got to face the facts that you're wrong. Plain and simple. Just like you were wrong about Atley. How's that spud going for you guys? Are we going to see Walla kick 5 on him or McKenna have 20 touches running off him this week?

Can I ask you a personal question?

How have you been on this site for 12 years, yet you still type like a 12 year old kid dreaming about "Walla gonna kick 5 on ya boyzzzzeee, McKenna gonna have 20 touches" ?

Did your parents sign you up at birth?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Look out, outrage incoming!

Can I ask you a personal question?

How have you been on this site for 12 years, yet you still type like a 12 year old kid dreaming about "Walla gonna kick 5 on ya boyzzzzeee, McKenna gonna have 20 touches" ?

Did your parents sign you up at birth?
Haha no, I'm a man in his mid 20's enjoying ruffling the feathers of you guys. May I ask you a question?

Why are you all so defensive about this position? You can say that "I don't like Brendan Goddard" without saying that the AFL community doesn't respect him. I don't particularly like Brad Scott for similar reasons as to why you guys don't like BJ, but I don't pretend he's not respected amongst the AFL community. The only people talking as if they're 12 years old in here are you guys, crying to me about how I'm wrong and Goddard isn't respected, despite all the contrary evidence.

Handsome.B.Wonderful

Premiership Player
Jan 13, 2006
Bigfooty
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Haha no, I'm a man in his mid 20's enjoying ruffling the feathers of you guys. May I ask you a question?

Why are you all so defensive about this position? You can say that "I don't like Brendan Goddard" without saying that the AFL community doesn't respect him. I don't particularly like Brad Scott for similar reasons as to why you guys don't like BJ, but I don't pretend he's not respected amongst the AFL community. The only people talking as if they're 12 years old in here are you guys, crying to me about how I'm wrong and Goddard isn't respected, despite all the contrary evidence.

McKenna gonna get 20 touches on Atley mate?

Capture.PNG

Look out, outrage incoming!

A highly accurate gif of the way you guys have reacted to me presenting a couple of facts. If I was acting like that, I'm sure your mods would have warned me by now and given me a thread ban.

Just because you guys hate him doesn't mean he isn't widely respected. I stated two facts that prove the statement I was quoting was false. You guys are the only ones who have spun anything, as proven by this very post. It's like me saying that Luke Hodge isn't widely respected in the AFL community because I don't like his former club. If I said that on the Essendon board I would be called out on it, and rightly so, because it's bullshit.

Just because you hadn't heard of the award doesn't mean s**t. It's an award voted on by the entire playing body. He won it ahead of Cyril and Bernie Vince amongst others, but please do tell how Cyril isn't widely respected in the AFL community.

Bernie Vince. LOL.

So if Cyril is widely respected, and Goddard isn't, why didn't he win the award? It's either you're wrong about Goddard or wrong about Cyril. See, the difference between my assertion and yours is I have facts to back up my claim, you have the hatred of his club to back up yours.

LOL

I dunno if winning an award is proof of widespread respect. Have you got some sort of mechanism that shows this. Otherwise its just one of many correlations that are essentially meaningless.

Back