Floggard

Remove this Banner Ad

Live fast? Sure, live too bloody fast sometimes, but die young? Die old.

That's the way- not orthodox, I don't live by "the rules" you know. If there's one other person who's influenced me in that way I think, someone who is a maverick, someone who does that to the system, then, it's Brendon Goddard.

Because BJ will happily say "that's what I think of your advanced hair therapy, yes I've hit the odd flopper, yes I've proposed the odd movie, but will you piss off and leave me alone, I'm walking to Tullamarine for some *******s."

The bad news is, 34 of you have been suspended by WADA and will sit out the season as drug cheats. I know, gutting, gutting, should have seen me in there.

On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been made captain so...every cloud. You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

The Madden-whatever award, which no-one had even heard of before you brought it up, does not indicate he is widely respected.
So I looked that thing up because f*** knows what it is.

Decided by the AFLPA board.

Like 6 people decide that award.

Mr Jamie 'not a must win' Macmillan being one of them.

Not the absolute height of accolades, nor representative of how the wider football industry views him.

Fits the scum narrative being pushed in here though.

Being a Goddard I'm sure he likes things being pushed.

No, it's voted on by the AFL players. All of them.
dwight-schrute-false.jpg

The Madden Medal winner is selected from a list of nominees decided by the AFL Players’ Association Board and past Madden Medal winners.

Just putting it out there re the Madden Award that the inaugural winner was Glenn Archer which is probably a good and bad thing......
Also won the Robert Rose medal 6 times.

Floggard won this 0 times.

i come in peace.

Goddard is a flog, but his comment on BBBBB (who I respect as a player and would love to have at my club) was correct? He was obviously staging, I mean they all do that, but Goddard has a right to point it out.

I am also aware this post goes on about many many times he has been a bit of a flog.

i come in peace.

Goddard is a flog, but his comment on BBBBB (who I respect as a player and would love to have at my club) was correct? He was obviously staging, I mean they all do that, but Goddard has a right to point it out.

I am also aware this post goes on about many many times he has been a bit of a flog.

True but the way that he went about pointing it out was crass, tactless and offensive. Much like Goddard’s rude lid

True but the way that he went about pointing it out was crass, tactless and offensive. Much like Goddard’s rude lid

would agree, the 'be a man' line is always a dick move- a sexist comment like that shouldn't be in our media.

Though I do think BBs pirouette was pretty weak regardless, and the meaning behind his comments were definitely fine.

i come in peace.

My issue is not his thoughts so much on thr staging, and the only one I would give you is that he over dramatized the ruck contest, the others were clearly there. Its how he voiced them, especially his comments on playing like a man. Bot neccesary and reflects more on Goddard the person than anything else. I rated his ability as a footballer, in his st kilda days had courage, but he was more prone to a dive and exaggerating contact than almost any player over the last 10 years. It didn't help that he drank his own bath water on how good he was nor did help that he carried on like a pork chop at everyone, his own team mates included. His latest contribution just reeks of judgemental arrogance, confirming he his a flog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would agree, the 'be a man' line is always a dick move- a sexist comment like that shouldn't be in our media.

Though I do think BBs pirouette was pretty weak regardless, and the meaning behind his comments were definitely fine.

Sure, though I think it’s a bit rich coming from a bloke that racked up 20+ cheapies a week on the HBF

I think he was a pretty good player who was pretty darn aggressive towards his teammates and i didn't like that. I think BB over exaggerated all three, though only one was actually over the top. Only my opinion though

Daniher tried to stage for hand in the back constantly in the games he played last year. It drove me nuts.

i come in peace.

Of course it does, look at the title of the thread! how often do you find fresh prawns in the canned vegetable isle?

sheesh...

So if Cyril is widely respected, and Goddard isn't, why didn't he win the award? It's either you're wrong about Goddard or wrong about Cyril. See, the difference between my assertion and yours is I have facts to back up my claim, you have the hatred of his club to back up yours.
It's like a coach's encourageemt award. It's just for sympathy.

i come in peace.

Piss off drug cheat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back