Flop of the Season

Who has been the biggest flop this season?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

DBAH0

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Austin, Tejas
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Hammers, Austin FC
Benrahma derserves a mention.
Yeah I'd probably agree. Thing is he was probably BOG against Burnley last time out, but 0 goals from say 20 odd appearances just isn't good enough.

I think the frustrating thing is, you can see his talent on the ball, but I think he lacks a yard of pace / strength against the better defenders. I would see if Brentford would be interested in a doing swap deal for Toney with him.

me reading through thread: "Where's jod saying Werner"
Flop of the season for me has to be Werner, just the excitement around his signing and then what he produced was way below standards.
"Ah yes."

Still an awful call.

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
When was the last time a signing from the Dutch League actually did well in the Premier League straight away?

Thinking of say the likes of Depay, Bergwijn, Davy Klassen etc. Just seems to be a league where players coming in really struggle with the pace and intensity more than anything.

Robben, Suarez, Eriksen, Vertonghen, Wijnaldum, Tadic all went more than alright.

Havertz has been a victim of being played out of position, injuries and a bout of COVID. It's no surprise it took a while for him to click but he's starting to show his worth. Our most disappointing signing has been Ziyech.

I voted Willian despite the very low expectations, I didn't expect he would be THIS bad.

Yeah because he's quick. Tammy is a crab and Giroud is old.

He's flop of the season for me.
Tammy and Giroud barely play.

Really making clear how much Chelsea you watch.

He has played nearly every game and we're in the top 4 currently, into the Champions League final and the FA Cup final. Would be one hell of a carry job from the ten others if he was as s**t as you think he is.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.

He has played nearly every game and we're in the top 4 currently, into the Champions League final and the FA Cup final. Would be one hell of a carry job from the ten others if he was as sh*t as you think he is.
That was my point, the other two barely play because they are shite. So Werner is your only option and he's quick which helps with the tactics you play.

I dont think he's s**t either and I reckon next season he's gonna be great but this season he has been a flop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne

He has played nearly every game and we're in the top 4 currently, into the Champions League final and the FA Cup final. Would be one hell of a carry job from the ten others if he was as sh*t as you think he is.

All the more reason why he is a flop.

He’s probably had more chances than any other player in the league and is nowhere near the top of the goal scoring charts, despite playing plenty at #9.

He went how many games without scoring? He was a running joke at one stage.

Talkback in the UK was months and months of Chelsea fans begging for his removal from the side.

Considering the transfer fee, his reputation, expectations - definitely biggest flop candidate.

Only eclipsed by Havertz and Ziyech really.

All the more reason why he is a flop.

He’s probably had more chances than any other player in the league and is nowhere near the top of the goal scoring charts, despite playing plenty at #9.

He went how many games without scoring? He was a running joke at one stage.

Talkback in the UK was months and months of Chelsea fans begging for his removal from the side.

Considering the transfer fee, his reputation, expectations - definitely biggest flop candidate.

Only eclipsed by Havertz and Ziyech really.
I'm sure glad that talk back listeners don't manage the team then.

Maybe watch some Chelsea games 👍

Sphynx

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm sure glad that talk back listeners don't manage the team then.

Maybe watch some Chelsea games 👍

Ive watched every single one of them.

You can’t seriously say with a straight face he hasn’t been very disappointing?

The ratings also agree with me, I guess they don't watch every game as closely as you though?

1620687812473.png

He's basically all the worst bits of Bamford if you remove 9 goals....

1620688302159.png

Attachments

• 1620688117750.png
    1620688117750.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Ive watched every single one of them.

You can’t seriously say with a straight face he hasn’t been very disappointing?

The ratings also agree with me, I guess they don't watch every game as closely as you though?

View attachment 1124197

He's basically all the worst bits of Bamford if you remove 9 goals....

View attachment 1124204
He has been disappointing. But he's not been as bad as everyone wants him to be.

Certainly not flop of the season levels. Ziyech is above him for that and even then there's some worse than him.

Rhian Brewster cost Sheffield, a relegated team, 26m and he's started 12 games. 13 times off the bench.
van de Beek cost 39m and has made 2 starts in the league.
Willian is Willian.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
160k I believe.

Partey or Saka?

What's a reliable source of player contracts? The site below came up top of a Google search and says Partey is contracted until 2022-23 on £250,000 a week and Saka is is contracted until 2023-24 £10,000 a week.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
Yeah I'd probably agree. Thing is he was probably BOG against Burnley last time out, but 0 goals from say 20 odd appearances just isn't good enough.

I think the frustrating thing is, you can see his talent on the ball, but I think he lacks a yard of pace / strength against the better defenders. I would see if Brentford would be interested in a doing swap deal for Toney with him.

I watched Brentford a few times last season. Watkins stood out - a forward with pace, can hold it up, can finish. Benrahma showed some promise with his ball control but at around the same money as Watkins, he was overvalued. A flop but not top of the flops.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Partey or Saka?

What's a reliable source of player contracts? The site below came up top of a Google search and says Partey is contracted until 2022-23 on £250,000 a week and Saka is is contracted until 2023-24 £10,000 a week.

I was going off FM tbh.

I don't think Partey is on 250k.

Back