Flop of the Season

Who has been the biggest flop this season?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Was there any expectations with you giys?
Sure. Expectations of getting to Europe but now we'll be lucky to finish top 9. That and not losing at home to 2 of the 3 relegated sides is an expectation. We also gave Newcastle 2 of their 10 wins before they turned their season around in the last few weeks.

Matt Doherty was a low value transfer that has been the definition of a flop. Thanks to some Mendes-Mou magic we probably still recoup most of the 12m spent on him. But when you think that we got rid of Walker-Peters for this guy it's pretty bad transfer business

I went VDB cause he doesn’t even play

From arsenal willian has been extremely underwhelming, our worst signing easily as he’s got a contract for three years on good money

Partey ha been pretty shocking as well, has had a lot of injury issues though so has some sort of excuse for being as bad as he has been

He is sitting behind the best player .maybe in the world in his position. Makes it difficult.

For me, Haverz has been looking good for a few months now. I posted a while back that he seems to be carrying himself differently to the start of the season. Much more confidence, more a feeling he belongs.

Probably even a bit more now.

Next year will be interesting for him.

Werner on the other hand. Contributes, but needs to sort his finishing if he's going to survive. A half decent forward would have ended that game at half time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me, Haverz has been looking good for a few months now. I posted a while back that he seems to be carrying himself differently to the start of the season. Much more confidence, more a feeling he belongs.

Probably even a bit more now.

Next year will be interesting for him.

Werner on the other hand. Contributes, but needs to sort his finishing if he's going to survive. A half decent forward would have ended that game at half time.
Hes grown a harder edge to his game, hes spoken about it surprised him just how tough the PL was compared to the Bundesliga.

Not sure if you noticed it as well but once Werner went off, City really took over.

His pace and ability to find space makes him an ever present threat that Pulisic just isn't.
If he gets his finishing back on, he will be dominant.

Not sure if you noticed it as well but once Werner went off, City really took over.

His pace and ability to find space makes him an ever present threat that Pulisic just isn't.
If he gets his finishing back hes the complete package and a WC striker. Fingers crossed.

He definitely adds to your game and has done for several months. But he needs to sort that final bit of his game, some of those misses tonight I would have scored.

If he can't, you'll find someone that can contribute around the ground and on the scoreboard.

Can take Havertz, Werner and Bale out of the OP and the rest are all worthy winners.

Havertz just paid for himself. Werner contributed enough for a season overall, although disappointing and could have scored a lot more and changed things in the league. Everyone knows Bale is past his best and doesn’t care much any more, plus only a loan technically.

Donny would be my vote, big money and barely played, so can only think he’s s**t in training against tougher pros which is why he was barely played. Will leave Utd at a loss, that’s what truly qualifies a flop.

Back