Flopball World Cup Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does anyone else watch soccer coverage and just think 'I wish...

Minimalist commentary when the game is on that lets you enjoy the game... Half time analysis that is interesting, adds insight, and is easy to understand. No repeated discussion of which players used to play basketball... No players called by the wrong names...

Sigh...

Does anyone else watch soccer coverage and just think 'I wish...

Minimalist commentary when the game is on that lets you enjoy the game... Half time analysis that is interesting, adds insight, and is easy to understand. No repeated discussion of which players used to play basketball... No players called by the wrong names...

Sigh...
Even watching American sports like the NHL, the commentators are professional and call the play as it happens. Such bullshit what we put up with with the footy here.

Do you think FIFA would care? Most dollars would override any social benefits in their eyes.
Exactly my point. No use blaming Optus or SBS. At the end of the day it’s a commercial decision. If FIFA cared about Thea era he supporter out there, or they wanted to really proMote the game in certain countries, they would reduce the cost.

SBS needs to survive. I’m sure they would have loved to show every game if they could afford to do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SBS currently have 11 goals from 2 games, whereas the Optus exclusives had a goal in the dying minutes. Karma? The analysis/broadcasting is a little more professional as well.

The commentary difference between C7 and Martin Tyler is like walking out of a bratty comedy into an auteur art house flick. I'd rather listen to vuvuzelas than C7 commentary.

At the end of the day it is exactly the same relationship as the AFL.

FTA provider in 7 and a pay provider in Foxtel v. FTA provider in SBS and a pay provider in Optus.

The difference is as a casual viewer of the World Cup I'm not going to bother to pay for it.

Usually I would watch quite a few matches at the WC but as I know I don't have access to a large proportion of them it is not worth investing my time in watching any neutral matches. I'll watch the Socceroos matches and that will do me. I reckon a lot of people would be in the same boat and SBS ratings outside the Socceroos matches will take a massive hit.

Funny reading the posts about it being FIFAs fault. As if they would give a flying * about developing the game in Australia.

I always thought the WC was on the anti siphoning list though so blame the government for loosening that I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back