FLOYD MAYWEATHER VS CONOR MCGREGOR

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice novelty fight, but unless Mayweather is looking to completely throw this fight, he should use his boxing technique to win on points easily in this one.

Mayweather has also struggled against people that fight southpaw, and guess who fights southpaw? That's right, McGregor.
Been seeing this sort of comment a bit the last 24 hours. Mayweather has obviously never lost and has only been dropped once, and it wasn't against a southpaw. Most boxers do struggle with them but to say it is a weakness of Mayweather's is stretching the truth. He's also faced southpaws who are professional boxers, so it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Knockout power is pretty much the only way I can see McGregor winning this, and Floyd definitely has to be aware of it. People have been questioning whether McGregor has the conditioning for a 12 round boxing match, but I'm pretty confident he could still knock Floyd out in the 12th if he's not careful.

It's a stupid fight, as good as Conner is as a MMA fighter, let's not forget he has 0 professional boxing bouts. I'd be absolutely stunned if Mcgreggor wins.
Only way he win imo is if he goes hard early with a flurry and hope he connects. No doubt he's got KO power, but the longer the fight goes, the longer it falls into floyds hands.

Evolution of the gimmick cash cow...

The promo is going to be unbearable.

Floyd will do what he always does and tick over the points like a pinball machine even if McDollar Chaser tags him with the left because of the 10 count...

It's a none issue this fight except for the coin it draws...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a stupid fight, as good as Conner is as a MMA fighter, let's not forget he has 0 professional boxing bouts. I'd be absolutely stunned if Mcgreggor wins.
Only way he win imo is if he goes hard early with a flurry and hope he connects. No doubt he's got KO power, but the longer the fight goes, the longer it falls into floyds hands.

KO power is decreased with 10 ounce gloves surely

KO power is decreased with 10 ounce gloves surely
Exactly mate. Completely different punching with mma wraps, bare knuckle and boxing gloves. Different the way you block too. Different mechanics the way you throw them also. You look at how they fight in the UFC and it's not like they throw/box in the ring.

MMA - mixed martial arts. It's not boxing. Just like a PRO boxer can't use his PROPER boxing in the UFC like James Toney.

Different things to face and not face in each sport.

Boxing you're obviously just defending punches and throwing them like Mayweather has done his while life. UFC you're defending kicks, knees, punches, elbows, take downs and submissions.

Completely different ball game.

Connor doesn't have the knockout power to knock out Floyd unless he gets lucky which is 1 in about 10,000. Mayweathers faced much harder punchers than Mcgregor.

The press conferences. Make them stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No keep them going!! The amount of muppets on my fb feed and in the comments saying zmgd!! Conners gonna win easily look at him talk. Hopefully they all bet and we get a nice price on Mayweather

No keep them going!! The amount of muppets on my fb feed and in the comments saying zmgd!! Conners gonna win easily look at him talk. Hopefully they all bet and we get a nice price on Mayweather
Mayweather by descion there is no way floyd knocks him out and if it goes to the judges they'll be paid out even if some miracle on earth happens and mcgregor dominates. It's also written in the contract if mcgregor throws a kick during the fight he doesn't get paid so after the fight hopefully he gives him a round house kick and kos him Win Win situation for everyone.

Does McGregor not want to be the fan favourite? Absurd behaviour in that last press conference, if you can call it that.

^

It's all for show. Everything. The fight, the hype, the press conferences etc. All to draw in even more deluded dumb campaigners that think Conor has a chance or has one, to get more pay per views and more money. Absolute circus.

People who actually think Conor has any chance are fools. Mayweather would have more of a chance beating Conor in MMA than Mcgregor does of beating Floyd in the boxing ring. The only punchers chance anyone has is Floyd in the octagon and it would be just that. A punchers chance. That's if he could land that and a very big if. He'd get taken to the ground and submitted/ground and pounded or kicked to the leg/head.

You can't just go from UFC into boxing and expect to land or even get close to a boxer of Floyd's calibre. A world champion who's been BOXING since he's a kid, and world champion boxers who have been boxing since they were kids can't even get near him. Canelo Alveraz was a undefeated world champ and won one round vs Floyd and was made to look like a bum. Guys can't get near him.

Foot speed to land a punch or get inside to trade/land, head movement, evasiveness, Floyd has him covered even if he hardly trained for the fight. People who think Floyd won't take the fight serious and he won't train hard or has been in retirement don't know Mayweather. As he said himself and he's pretty much true, * fighters, name athletes who train harder than he does.

Best counter puncher in the game, best defensive fighter, Conor will be lucky to land a punch. It would be like Geelong vs an u/17's footy side. Not even a VFL side.

I have my doubts the fight is even legit. Most probably The fight is fixed and Mayweather will carry him for 12 rounds. Forget about him ticking up the points and winning every round. He'd do that on a bad night.

If the fight is legit Conor would last two rounds absolute max. And that means he flukes it past the first. Mayweather might not be a knock out artist, but that's against pro boxers. Conor is not.

One of the best fights in the history of the game and undefeated is not going to lose to a clown like Conor and Conor knew this going into the fight. He's a business man and he's selling his product and good on him. Who wouldn't turn that amount of money down.

I definitely understand that, but most of McGregor's "show" tends to lean towards likeable, even when it becomes a little crass. Besides that, he has the fan favourite narrative here, so not sure why it's all going so crazy. I get the feeling his PR people know how ridiculous the whole thing is and have decided to just play that up.

Have never watched a boxing match outside 1am Olympic time slots but I feel like UFC fappers talking up McGregor would be like me talking up Winx as a gold medal shot in the dressage in Rio.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back