FLYING

Remove this Banner Ad

* they're s**t. I knew people on that flight that was experiencing heavy turbulence from Perth and when all the cabin crew started going crazy and acting like it was going down which in turn made everyone go from slight and quiet worry to bonafide scared.

How is Scoot? For $700 for Europe return or whatever crazy it is I'd do it.

**** they're s**t. I knew people on that flight that was experiencing heavy turbulence from Perth and when all the cabin crew started going crazy and acting like it was going down which in turn made everyone go from slight and quiet worry to bonafide scared.

Scoot looks very similar to AirAsia. Sometimes even cheaper involving Singapore as where they are based.

Cabin freaking out would be sketchy af and is pretty unacceptable. Expect delays I guess but you also don't get any entertainment, food or checked baggage.
On some of those prices though you have to make it work.

You can go direct into a host of asian countries for less than $200

Anyone flown to Europe through China? What's that like?
Don't do it, the airlines themselves are crap, full of Chinese passengers who have no travel etiquette at all, and the transit is a nightmare.
Why would you even consider it anyway with the fares the three arab aiines have?

Don't do it, the airlines themselves are crap, full of Chinese passengers who have no travel etiquette at all, and the transit is a nightmare.
Why would you even consider it anyway with the fares the three arab aiines have?
Im flying Emirates and usually do but I noticed a few years ago how cheap they were and presumed they must be pretty dodgy, plus IIRC the route was quite indirect.

Im flying Emirates and usually do but I noticed a few years ago how cheap they were and presumed they must be pretty dodgy, plus IIRC the route was quite indirect.
Qatar business class is better than Emirates, Emirates Economy class is better than Qatar.
Don't know about other cities, but ex Perth both do return to Europe for between $900 to $1300 in economy.

Qatar business class is better than Emirates, Emirates Economy class is better than Qatar.
Don't know about other cities, but ex Perth both do return to Europe for between $900 to $1300 in economy.
Don't think Ive flown Qatar but Emirates eceonomy Nice-Melbourne was €1,300 for Mid-Jan, which isnt too bad.

Never had a problem with Tiger.

Because I only use them for overseas flights.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...e/news-story/6399823bc5ecfff686fe4d0ad00e74fd

A review that popped up the other week from someone (who blew business for free) and it doesn't sound that bad for what it is.

I've flown Air Asia to Japan via KL before. Granted we booked early and it was about $550 but I'll stick with Cathay Pacific from now on. Cheapest fare ahead of time is about $800 I think but you don't have that feeling you may fall out of the sky at any point.

Was on a Dragon Air flight from Shanghai to HK in 2010.

Queued up for the toilet out popped a Chinese lady with a 1980s hairdo. Saw the toilet seat was covered with liquid and smelled. Stupid woman used it like a squat toilet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Restaurant is completely different to a flight in my mind. Children should be banned from all restaurants.
true you go to a restaurant to experience the restaurant, you go on a plane to get somewhere

true you go to a restaurant to experience the restaurant, you go on a plane to get somewhere

So the person with the $800 sale fare is the paying for the same experience as the person paying $10k to fly first class?

You go to a restaurant to enjoy the food, setting, wine, service etc. Your expectations differ whether it's a chain restaurant, local bistro or Michelin-starred place. I guess you could say 'you just go there to eat' when you are paying triple figures and have someone's kids running around your table screaming.

So the person with the $800 sale fare is the paying for the same experience as the person paying $10k to fly first class?

You go to a restaurant to enjoy the food, setting, wine, service etc. Your expectations differ whether it's a chain restaurant, local bistro or Michelin-starred place. I guess you could say 'you just go there to eat' when you are paying triple figures and have someone's kids running around your table screaming.
nice incoherent argument
let me break it down for you
if you are flying it's usually to get somewhere (unless you are working on the plane)
the price of your ticket does not guarantee that you will not have annoying passengers of any age in your section, just how nice the seat you are sitting in is
air travel is generally not fun, people like to bitch about it, kids give them an extra excuse

parents have to deal with their kids all day, you don't even have to deal with them on that plane, suck it up, it's just noise and its not like planes are quiet to begin with

we were talking about high class fares vs high price restaurants, high class restaurants don't tend to be family venues but the point is different. Travel vs food, in the case of high price restaurants usually the enjoyment of food in a certain atmosphere, those places in general won't accept young children during booking, planes do, see the difference?

nice incoherent argument
let me break it down for you
if you are flying it's usually to get somewhere (unless you are working on the plane)
the price of your ticket does not guarantee that you will not have annoying passengers of any age in your section, just how nice the seat you are sitting in is
air travel is generally not fun, people like to bitch about it, kids give them an extra excuse

parents have to deal with their kids all day, you don't even have to deal with them on that plane, suck it up, it's just noise and its not like planes are quiet to begin with

we were talking about high class fares vs high price restaurants, high class restaurants don't tend to be family venues but the point is different. Travel vs food, in the case of high price restaurants usually the enjoyment of food in a certain atmosphere, those places in general won't accept young children during booking, planes do, see the difference?

Modern parenting 101 yet again.

I'm aware why people fly. Or take trains. Or drive. I guess next time I take the train to work stiff s**t if someone's kid kicks my seat, I haven't had to deal with them all day.

Once upon a time there was an attitude of 'I have young children, I won't do XYZ because that's not something you do with young children' but that attitude is dying out pretty fast. Plenty of places don't ban children because they know some people have newborns or kids they can actually control. You misbehave, we go outside and if you don't pull your head in we go. Every kid knew that drill. But nah, just let them do whatever because you've had them all day and everyone else can suck it up.

Anyone who thinks that business class is the place for kids and stiff s**t if they are noisy etc. personifies money not buying class. And I'm someone who almost exclusively flies economy and leaves everyone around me alone.

Modern parenting 101 yet again.

I'm aware why people fly. Or take trains. Or drive. I guess next time I take the train to work stiff s**t if someone's kid kicks my seat, I haven't had to deal with them all day.

Once upon a time there was an attitude of 'I have young children, I won't do XYZ because that's not something you do with young children' but that attitude is dying out pretty fast. Plenty of places don't ban children because they know some people have newborns or kids they can actually control. You misbehave, we go outside and if you don't pull your head in we go. Every kid knew that drill. But nah, just let them do whatever because you've had them all day and everyone else can suck it up.

Anyone who thinks that business class is the place for kids and stiff s**t if they are noisy etc. personifies money not buying class. And I'm someone who almost exclusively flies economy and leaves everyone around me alone.
lol you talk a lot of s**t
the attitude wasn't I won't go out in public in case my kids upsets people it was I will teach my kid to behave, and expect others to understand the difference between a bad kid and a kid

you seem to think having a kid means stay at home to you don't annoy anyone and that if a kid steps out of line in any way it's bad parenting

well guess what, kids are just that, they will do s**t whether their parents want them to or not. you do you best to teach your kids how to behave but guess what, they get excited by new things, or scared by new things, they don't understand what is going on depending on their age.

On an plane you can't take them home, the attitude of guess what we are leaving any time they misbehave works both ways, they don't wan't to be there they misbehave to leave. Just because some people aren't good parents doesn't mean you aren't inconsiderate of people with kids, why is it always the parents fault that they didn't get their kids to conform to your idea of life?

Good old days, spare me

Bet Scotland opposes public housing in any half decent suburb and "those people" should be all fobbed onto the outer suburbs.

You know you don't have to take kids on planes, right? Crazy notion I know. Almost like when I was pre-school age we went on short car trip holidays instead of flying across the globe. GTFO with that old fashioned attitude from the 1980s, it's 2018.

Appreciate the attempted mind reading but I don't think that at all. Kids misbehave. Nothing new there. My friends' kid cracked it the other week because he wasn't used to a group of 10-15 people being in the house. Fact remains there are times and places for kids and there are times and places that aren't for kids.

You can buy business class airfares, go to nice restaurants etc and take kids, and you can do so with the attitude 'you don't have them all the time, suck it up' but you're a dick.

You know you don't have to take kids on planes, right? Crazy notion I know. Almost like when I was pre-school age we went on short car trip holidays instead of flying across the globe. GTFO with that old fashioned attitude from the 1980s, it's 2018.

Appreciate the attempted mind reading but I don't think that at all. Kids misbehave. Nothing new there. My friends' kid cracked it the other week because he wasn't used to a group of 10-15 people being in the house. Fact remains there are times and places for kids and there are times and places that aren't for kids.

You can buy business class airfares, go to nice restaurants etc and take kids, and you can do so with the attitude 'you don't have them all the time, suck it up' but you're a dick.
I think you're missing the point. A restaurant is an experience, it's the food, service and atmosphere. A flight is getting you to a destination. I'd be devastated if a fancy dinner was ruined, I'd get over a child annoying me on a flight the minute I landed.

I think you're missing the point. A restaurant is an experience, it's the food, service and atmosphere. A flight is getting you to a destination. I'd be devastated if a fancy dinner was ruined, I'd get over a child annoying me on a flight the minute I landed.

It's a weak analogy, though. Saying flying is just about getting to a destination is like saying that going to a fancy restaurant is just about getting some nutrients into your body.

If you're in economy and stuck near a crying baby then bad luck. If you're economy and someone is letting their kids kick your chair, scream etc. then that's annoying. If you've booked business/first class seats there's an expectation that you won't have your flight interrupted by kids etc. It's an experience. Space, quiet, nice food and wine etc. People don't pay multiples of the price of economy for no reason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back