FLYING

Remove this Banner Ad

just parking by the shady spot under the tree

viralnetics-qantas-qf1-bangkok-02.jpg

Who else checks the flight path thing, waits for time to pass then checks it again expecting to be somewhere over India only to find you're not even outside Australian coastal waters?
I give the flight path a fair work out.
Long haul flights are a pain around the second and third hour. After that I tend to find the physical discomfort goes away and while I can't sleep I can zen out and the next however long drags but (mostly) isn't that bad.

Not sure whether it should be in the unpopular opinions thread, but I've always had a pretty good flying experience for the $$ with Air Asia. Thankfully my flights have never dropped out the sky, but you normally get a flatbed form Perth to KL for about $300....

I feel like flying overall is something thats currently really poor in the world and something we will look back on as poor. As in the passenger experience of flying. Its just a painful experience which doesn't seem to ever end and you can't really escape.

Will be interesting to see what we have in 50 years. Gyms & ping pong onboard, maybe they will just go way faster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Showers on board are an extreme luxury. A 5-10 min shower uses about as much water as the equivalent weight of a passenger plus luggage so it's not something that can be available to more than a select few.

I like the idea of bars, though. Just getting up and moving around makes long flights a lot more comfortable, and people standing up/sitting upright doesn't take up a lot of room.

A lot of Scoot's international flights from Australia are ex-Tiger. They've kinda done a weird merger thingo with international flights. Tiger's been quite good lately, one of the better on-time performers and low cancellations (especially compared to Jetstar). And Scoot's own flights are quite decent. Everyone I know that's used it has said it's definitely worth the money, just be warned you get pretty much nothing but a seat with your $$.
We've been good lately ... not sure what you are talking about

upload_2018-1-22_15-58-31.png

Think I heard Tiger was voted worst airline in the world.

Mate of mine booked a flight to Melb. The pilot called in sick. Delayed the flight for 10 hours. Tiger offered each passenger a voucher for a free coffee as compensation...

Lucky dip airline.

Air Koryo my friend

I give the flight path a fair work out.
Long haul flights are a pain around the second and third hour. After that I tend to find the physical discomfort goes away and while I can't sleep I can zen out and the next however long drags but (mostly) isn't that bad.

I try to resist as long as possible before looking at flight path. It's annoying though because they usually have it on the wall and you can see it out the corner of your eye.

The only time I really watch movies is on a long haul flight, though going to Japan and back with Singapore meant I ran out of movies I wanted to watch, ended up watching the Matrix again (and it's still hugely overrated).

I always prefer getting somewhere in the morning and arriving back at night.

Gives you a chance to look around/check in/assess what there is to do and have a nap/get up in time for dinner.

Arrive back at night sleep off the effects.

Problem in Australia is we tend to get the opposite. As in arrive in a forign city at 3am sleep and get up and take a couple of days to acclimatise. Also Jetlag for me seems worse coming back and is a couple of days to get over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back